Bejeweled Black Masks? Oh my!

Sir_Erderik

Got the idea when I noticed there were 2 indents or darker spots on the slayer masks upper part. The idea is to take gems, and a certain ammount of gp (explained later) to any slayer master and pay him to stick the gem in the slayer mask, which you can then enchant. The new mask requires a specific slayer level depending on what gem you put into it.

Level 30 slayer; slayer gem: Bring your mask, 5k gp, and a slayer gem to any slayer master to have him install the gem into your mask, you can then operate the mask to give you the normal gem options.

_100k shop price_ (determines when you keep it)

Level 35 slayer; saphire: Adds 5% to all defences and gives +1 prayer bonus to the mask. Gives a 1% accuracy bonus to range/mage.

(costs 20k to add to mask)

_150k shop price_

Level 41 slayer; emerald: Gives another 2 charges to mask, allows you to recharge the mask, gives immunity to poison from slayer targets.

(costs 25k to add to mask)

_250k shop price_

Level 48 slayer; ruby: Adds +3% strength and attack bonus to mask, gives immunity to disease. (costs 30k to add to mask) Gives a 2% accuracy bonus to range/mage against slayer targets.

_400k shop price_

Level 56 slayer; diamond: Acts as a facemask and earmuffs against dust devils and banshees. Gives +3% to strength and attack. Works as a ring of life. (costs 35k to add to mask) Gives a 10% damage/accuracy bonus to range/mage(any mage spell gets a 10% higher max)

_600k shop price_

Level 65 slayer; dragonstone: Adds another +5% strength and attack bonus to the mask, allows to restore the charges on the mask, boosts max charge limit by 4. Gives a 15% damage/accuracy bonus to range/mage against slayer target.

(costs 50k to add to mask)

_850k shop price_

Level 75 slayer; onyx: Gives 10% more slayer exp per kill when worn, doubles charge limit on mask, allows to recharge mask, charges also heal you for 20% of your max hp when you fall below 25% of your max hp. Allows wearer to teleport to any slayer master through inventory right click option, has 20 teleport charges then requires 10k gp to recharge the teleportation. Gives 20% damage/accuracy bonus to range/mage against slayer target.

(costs 150k to add to mask)

_1.2m shop price_

Here is a picture I made of the gems in the mask. The top pictures are of the inventory view, the bottom is ingame view.

4vex85d.png

Here is a picture I made of an actual In-Game view:

5z5snl2.png

You can pay the slayer master an extra 5k to change the gem inserted into the mask. You must have a slayer gem inserted into the mask before you can have any other gems inserted. You can buy a gem replacement kit from a slayer master for 60k; the gem replacement kit allows you to change the gem in the mask (just the top one) for free, this comes in handy for different tasks (example: You had a poisonous slayer task, now you have dust devils, you can change from emerald to diamond on your own)

Feel free to add to these and post your own ideas. I could not think of any use's for the opal, jade, or red topaz.

___ ___ ___ ___

Supporters:_20

___ ___ ___ ___

If anyone know's how I can send this to jagex, please tell me how.

623aivo.png

Veni Vidi Vici

I came, I saw, I conquered.

Hail to the wiki! For all your information needs.

I support,this is a GREAT idea. =D>

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I like the general idea. You have 2 things here that I have always wanted: A slayer gem attached to your outfit (really thought this was going to happen with the jewelry update) and a Black Mask effect for Mages and Rangers.

However I have quite a few problems with your specifics. First the levels are way too low. You max out at level 50, even though that is only 1/130 of the total XP needed to get to 99. I like a lot of your ideas, but you definitely need to raise the level requirements, otherwise too many of them are overpowered.

Also another thing to consider is the value of the mask. Currently Black Masks alch for 2gp. Needless to say, when you die, you always lose your mask. These new masks are going to be untradable which usually have an alch value of 0gp. If I attach an onyx to something, I don't want to automatically lose that item if I die.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

Thanks for all the support again, I'm thinking of a possible use for the semi-precious gems right now. If anyone can help me think of a use It would be appreciated. Also if you have an idea for another use for any of the other gems, you can post that too.

623aivo.png

Veni Vidi Vici

I support all of the suggestion except for the onyx gem. I just find it too overpowered, to heal you so constantly and give 10% more exp (that really is a lot). Except from that, I support the idea.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Thanks for the support again. I edited the onyx effect so it heals 20% of your max hp.

I do not think the gem effects should stack because that would be immensely overpowered. Also I do not feel the onyx mask would be overpowered. Think of it like this, you pay 300k tokkul or 4m gp, then another 1.5m gp on an item that requires 75 slayer, would you want it to give anything less than its bonuses now?

623aivo.png

Veni Vidi Vici

i support but only thing is i would want other gem besides oynx, because you would have to pay 3 -4 million for gem then another 1.5 million for the mask to be updated. also with the new gemed masks all gems would go wayyy above market value. i could see oynx going to around 5 mill with that stat bonus

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls