Coza17's Master Green Dragon Hunting Guide! All methods inc!

coza_17

To start off, here are some reasons why to range green dragons:

-Ranged xp

-Mage Exp (well a lil bit anyway)

-CASH. At high range (85-90+) this is way better money than most money-making methods

-Crafting Exp (craft green d'hide bodies)

-Free Prayer Exp

-It can be alot faster if your melee stats are low

Recently I have done a lot of green dragons, but as I am maxed melee stats I see no point in me using melee on them, I tried a lot of setups and this is my best so far! If I find a better setup I will post it here under a new section.

[hide=Tips on advoiding pkers and escaping from pkers]

•  
    Always have run mode ON

If you are wearing melee armour, keep Protect from Mage ON while being attacked, even if they are meleeing or ranging. (Magic attacks are arguably the most harmful style in high level wilderness pking)

If you have Black Dragon Hide keep Protect from Melee ON otherwise they can do a lot of damage with Dragon Dagger Special. Once you start running south/north and there is distance between you, switch between Protect from Range/Mage, depending on whats being shot at you.

If you are a low level (70-95 combat), using a whip at green dragons people will come up to you and say "Trade me, im quitting, here have some free stuff" These guys are SCAMMERS! They will then put down four noted Dragon Battleaxes, maybe some other random junk and accept. DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TRADES unless you have a lot of food in your inventory and you are on high HP because as soon as you accept a pker comes out of nowhere and Teleblocks entangles and pks you. If you die with these battleaxes in your inventory, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WHIP! If you are on high HP with a lot of food you can accept and try running off. Or as I have seen many people do, if the pker isn't in sight, just accept and log out. If you think you wont' make it just drop the dragon battleaxes O:) and let someone else pick them up.

If you are teleblocked run into the graveyard and try and get a zombie to attack you or the pker. If a zombie attacks you then make a quick run while he is attacking you. If a zombie attacks the pker then run south as fast as you can for 10 seconds then log off.

If you are wearing a glory amulet and you see a pker while you are fighting a Green Dragon, you can just rub glory then quickly click on any of the teleport options to get you out of the wilderness. This works up to level 30 wilderness and may take some practice.

Always work out the level difference between you and the pker, this can help you decide what you want to do. Say you are level 91 and the pker is level 93 if he telelocks you at lv 23 wildy the chances of you surviving til lv 2 wildy is very low, so try and run into graveyard or run north. Some pkers will not go past lv 25 wilderness because they don't want to lose their stuff. If there is only one pker try running into higher level multi wildy. This may sound stupid but it has worked for me before. If you are say level 85 and the pker is a level 105 then it is very easy for you to escape him. Just run into level 19 wildy and your safe \'.

If you are using Carrallanger teleport and you are teleblocked, run to the grave that you teleport to and just before you die drop the items you will lose when you die. When you die run to bank, get a Carrallanger teleport and teleport back and pick your stuff up. This also works with the Canoe method but is not so fast and you may not make it back in time. If you are using Canoes simply run north til you get to the pond. The pker may be too scared to follow and if he does follow just drop your stuff by pond and quickly come back by teleporting to Edge (or if you respawn in lummy you can use the canoe station in Lumby) and get back to the pond.

Remember when you are dropping items that you will keep your 3 (or 4 with protect item) best items, so don't drop those.

I will try and update this often with new methods of escaping and reducing losses.

[/hide]

[hide=Requirements For range]80 Mage (really you need 84 mage but you can make do with 80 but I recomend at least 81) (If 80 you need magic potions if 81 you need wizard mind bombs)

Desert Treasure compleated - no other way, my guide will not work withouth Ancient Magicks

75 Range - This is really as low as you can go, lower than this and you will not kill them fast enough.

70 Defence - How else can you wield barrows armour?

Animal Magnetism quest compleated - Not a hard quest, VERY USEFUL [/hide]

[hide=Ranging Green Dragons Guide]

This is the setup I use. For players with lower defence levels better/more food can be taken, I use salmon because I fished loads of it and now I need to use it all up :thumbsup:

setupph6.png

Helm - Must be Torags, Guthans, Veracs or Dharocks or you won't get enough defence bonus! pantim recommended using a Helm of Neitiznot, as it doesn't have a negative range bonus. I have not tried using this but I advise against it, as the range bonus isn't very important because with diamond tipped bolts you will be hitting hard very often, and for lower levels defence bonus is vital. But if you like you can mix n match, and see what suits you best :)

Ammy - Glory or power ammy - I advise glory as if you use my setup it will protect as your 3 most valued items.

Cape - Must be Ava's Accumulator otherwise you run around picking up your bolts (you still have to pick up some bolts but not many)

Bolts - I really advise Diamond tipped enchanted bolts as these will give the fastest kill but really any bolt Mithril+ will work (DO NOT USE RUBY TIPPED BOLTS AS IT DOES DAMAGE TO YOU ON A SPECIAL AND GREEN DRAGS DO NOT HAVE THAT MANY HP)

Body - Must be black dragon hide body - Otherwise Ava's device will not pick up your arrows if you have too much melee armour on

Sheild - Anti-Dragon sheild but if you have a Dragonfire sheild (visage) I do advise you take it, it WILL PROTECT over all your other stuff (so if you die you will lose glory and rune crossbow, use protect item and just rune crossbow) And it gives massive defence bonus when fully charged.

Legs - Veracs Skirt is your best option (I only have dharoks legs so thats what I use) but If you dont have veracs skirt use Torags, Guthans or Dharoks legs.

Gloves - I advise [bleep]y Black vambs - They give good range offense and some melee defence (And magic defence for those pesky pkers) Otherwise Rune + RFD (I DO NOT ADVISE OVER RUNE BECAUSE THEY WILL PROTECT OVER GLORY)

Boots - Any really, if you have snakeskin boots take them, I wouldn't risk rune boots. I advise either Addy boots for their defence or Climbing boots because they look good \'

Ring - Ring of dueling - How else are you gonna get to castlewars bank?

Inventory

I use 6 salmon because I have done a lot of rounds and 6 works best for me, I advise you take about 12 salmon (10 lobsters) on your first round and see what happens, Adjust your amount of food depending on how much you need. And have a 1 Click tele in your inventory (Ecto, Tele crystal Teletab) incase a pker attacks you can just run south to 20 and tele . If you have a charged glory you can use your glory while punching a Dragon to teleout in upto 30 wildy if you see a pker near you. (Some people find this quite hard and does take some practise as you have to be very quick and have good timing, but practise it well and it will save you time after time.

After you are 100% sure you are ready to go drink your pot or Wizards Mind Bomb (If needed) and teleport to Carrallanger. You will end up in lv 19 wildy by a grave. Just run East out of the graveyard and straight North until you meet the Green Dragons (lv 22-24 wildy)

afterfirstteleac7.png

While fighting the Dragons just make sure you are fighting them face to face otherwise other dragons will just attack you. If you have 80 defence and the equipment I suggest you will not get hit alot.

fightingthedragdw1.png

After you have filled your inventory with bones and hides run down into lv 20 wildy and teleport to Castle Wars with your Ring of Dueling. Bank your hides take out another Carrallanger teleport some more food, more bolts if you have under 25 bolts equiped (do not take to many bolts otherwise you will lose more if you get pked)

afteragoodrunlv0.png

If you get bored you can always add some more fun to your round...(DISCLAIMER...THIS IS EXTREMLY DANGEROUS, GREEN DRAGONS ARE A PKING HOTSPOT TAKING RARES THERE IS NOT A GOOD IDEA, TAKE AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF YOU DO TAKE A RARE THERE AND LOSE IT PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN AT HERE!

ifyougetboredcv5.png

[/hide]

[hide=If you dont have 80+ magic or Ancients (Just a guide on how to get to Green Dragons quickly]

Requirements - 57 Woodcutting

This is just a guide on how to get to Green Dragons quickly without Ancient Magicks or 80+ magic. For information on what to do when your at Green Dragons see other parts of this guide.

To make this work you will either need Glory amulet with charges so you can teleport to Edgeville or Ancient Magicks and 54 Magic so you can do Paddewwa Teleport which teleports you to the Edgeville Dungeon, a couple of steps away from the ladder leading up to the Edgeville yews. Do not take an axe you are not willing to lose, bronze is just as good as rune for this IT DOES NOT MATTER just do not take an axe you don't want to lose.

Start off at Edgeville bank and go to the Canoe station

mapofcanoeuw1.png

Cut down the tree and and make a Waka Canoe,

pt1ofcanoerr3.png

pt2ofcanoetd5.png

You will end up in lv 35 wilderness, IT IS 99% safe I HAVE BEEN HERE LOADS OF TIMES ON CLUES AND HAVE NEVER MET A PKER, HOWEVER IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THERE IS A PKER THERE, BUT REALLY UNLIKLEY.

pt4ofcanoepq1.png

Just run south as shown in the map picture at the top of this part of the guide and you will be at green dragons, after you have filled up on hides n bones using what ever method you chose simply teleport to Edgeville bank and repeat. This is faster than running from Edgeville but is SLOWER than using Carrallanger teleport

[/hide]

[hide=Requirements for Meleeing Green Dragons]

70+ attack - For whip

70+ defence - For Barrows armour and to stop dragons hitting too often

60+ strength - The harder you hit, the faster they die

57 Woodcutting or 80 magic - For getting to the Dragons (see guides above)

70 Range - Not really needed but swapping rune plate/Barrows plate for black dragonhide body is useful if there are a lot of pkers around.[/hide]

[hide=Guide for using melee - Dragon long, Dragon scimmy or whip]

To get to green drags I advise you use Carrallanger teleport but if you do not have 80 magic or finished Desert Treasure then look at the section above and it explains how to get to Green Dragons without Carrallanger teleport.

This is my recommended setup, below is the cheapest items you can use (You can change the whip for Dragon longsword or Dragon Scimitar but I advise you use whip if you have it, and the gloves can be any RFD gloves. If you want to take combat braclet you can but it may not protect and if you are pked you may lose it. If you take a skill cape when you die you can quickly get back to where you died and pick it up :thumbsup: This also means if you are sure you are doomed you can just drop the items you would otherwise lose and run back and pick them up, If they are tradable items then you may not be able to get back in time and another player may pick them up. I use Dharoks top and legs because that is what i have. You can use Guthans, Dharoks, Veracs or Torags, they will all protect when you die.

bestmeleekitja3.png

This is what I use when I melee Green Dragons, if I die with protect item i do not lose much and it is very effective

worstmeleekitdx3.png

This is really the cheapest you can go before you get overpowered by the Dragons.

Just for those who are interested this is what happens if you die while using my two suggested setups.

deathusingpwnagegearup2.png

deathusingn00bkitdx7.png

Once you are at green dragons just kill them, eat food when needed and when you have a full inventory of bones and hides either use your glory to go back to Edgeville or you Ring of Dueling to go back to Castle Wars. I take Glory Amulet because it gives good melee bonuses. I use ring of dueling to teleport to Castle Wars to save me recharging Glories. I also use Glory amulet to teleport out while fighting a Dragon if I can see a pker. Once you are at a bank just bank all your hides and bones, heal to full health, take out more food and make your way back to Green Dragons and repeat

[/hide]

[hide=Requirements for Green Dragon Killing with Dharoks]

70 Attack - For Dharoks greataxe - I would advise at least 75 attack so you hit more often.

70 Strength - For Dharoks Greataxe

70 Defence - For Dharoks Armour - I would advise at least 75 so you get hit less often

80+ mage and Ancient Magicks or 57 Woodcutting

[/hide]

[hide=Green Dragon Killing with Dharoks]

dharokssetuply6.png

This is really the best and only setup. You can use any RFD gloves up to rune, i would not advise Dark Gloves as you will lose them if you die. I advise a holy or unholy ammy for the good prayer bonus, You MUST have ring of dueling for this to work!

Just for people who are interested this is what happens when you die with protect item ON

deathusingfulldharoksvp5.png

If you are getting smited by a pker drink all your prayer pot and just let them kill you, if they smite all your prayer you can say bye bye to your Dharoks Helm #-o Remember, they must do 100 damage to take off 25 prayer points...One dose of prayer potion restores 25 prayer points so as long as you have one dose of prayer potion on you at all times you are 100% safe, as you will be on 30-40 Hitpoints they will only be able to smite 10 prayer points so you will easily keep protect item on.

Get to green dragons using Canoes or Carrallanger teleport, before you go into combat drink a dose of your antifire potion and put on protect item and PROTECT FROM MAGE. This will mean they cannot hit on you using their flames until your antifire potion runs out, even then they can only hit up to 7 damage. There is an explosion-like sound just before it runs out so you can have another dose of potion.

If you are over 60 hitpoints do not put on protect from mage yet, wait for them to flame you down to 30-40 hitpoints. With potion and no prayer they have only hit 35 on me. I have been flamed a lot and I do not think they will flame much harder.

justb4dragswithdharoksrb1.png

takingdamageia5.png

hittinghardzy9.png

endofroundcl1.png

The Pros of using Dharoks at green dragons...

[hide]1hitko3dgreendragum0.png

Please do not try this, I nearly lost Dharoks helm trying this. Wasn't looking at prayer and it ran out :notalk:

[/hide]

And thats Green Dragon killing with Full Dharoks

[/hide]

[hide=Requirements for training range at Green Dragons]

70+ Range - Black dragonhide and if your your range is too low you will hit a lot of zeros

40+ Defence - To wear full black dragonhide and some defence if they attack you

50+ Hitpoints - Incase they flame you

[/hide]

[hide=Guide to training range at Green Dragons]

This is my recommended setup, you can swap bow and arrows for Knives and Anti dragon shield.

trainingrangeatgreenssezr2.png

Just for those who are interested, If you get pked with my recommended setup you lose:

greendragrangetrainingdbd7.png

Make your way towards Green Dragons and go into one of the safespots shown below.

safespot1pp2.png

safespot2wz9.png

If you use the first safespot you do not need to pick up your arrows as your Attractor picks them up for you, if you use the second safe spot as well then you need to pick up arrows after each kill. If you want to train prayer as well then pick up Dragon Bones and bury them. In a day training here (5-6 hours) you could easily get 75k prayer xp and 200k ranged xp (This is an estimate at 86 range based on me spending 20 mins ranging there). I only advise you take 1k arrows or knives because it is wilderness and you could get pked, take all your arrows and it could be costly if you got pked.

[/hide]

Please comment on this guide if you found it useful, I know it will not appeal to some people and if you think this guide is bad leave CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIM not flaming.

I am currently searching for an effective way of maging green dragons, all suggestions are welcome \'

Thanks for reading, I'll be waiting for you at the Green Dragons :D

coza17.png

Good start. Now, please tell me when you are taking that mask out again... XD

Anyways, i suggest a one click teleport incase of pkers. This is a good way, but it is fairly expensive, and i find melee more effective. Maybe take netizot since it has no range penalties

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

This is a good way, but it is fairly expensive, and i find melee more effective.

As mentioned in the guide, most people will find meleeing more effective, others may find ranging easier, as you hit a lot harder with 80 range than you would with 80 strength, and you will hit alot more often than you would with 80 attack. It's also pretty decent range xp (25-40k an hour depending on your range level). You are right in saying it is fairly expensive, however if you were to pay for the bolts you would still make alot of profit off the bones+hides, and since I made the bolts and had some diamonds lying around in my bank, it's free :)

coza17.png

i like your guide. It's something I'm definitely going to try. Some small remarks: glory teleports up to lvl 30 wild, so dueling ring is not needed or you could replace the glory with a power amy.

Instead of a dueling ring you could also bring a fally teletab. Use that to escape or tele back to a bank. And the bar nextdoor can sell the wizard mind bomb if needed. :)

phata_elise.png

i like your guide. It's something I'm definitely going to try. Some small remarks: glory teleports up to lvl 30 wild, so dueling ring is not needed or you could replace the glory with a power amy.

Instead of a dueling ring you could also bring a fally teletab. Use that to escape or tele back to a bank. And the bar nextdoor can sell the wizard mind bomb if needed. :)

Fally teletabs are useful but not needed, as they're quite expensive in the long run, and difficult to get hold of in bulk. Ecto is a free one click teleport, thats why I recommend it over all others. I only use the glory as it protects and it gives +10 range, I do not use it for teleporting unless I can see a pker nearby and then I can tele while fighting the dragon in over 20 wildy. If you have lots of glories you can use them to tele to edgeville but unless you have quite a lot of them (10+) then you will spend a lot of time recharging them.

this is a perfect guide for me, to bad my ranger is still only 72 mage. <.<

i suggest using normal addy bolts, they cost 1/3 the price if diamond, and the specials for enchanted bolts are less than reliable. :-k

Like I said, any bolts Mithril+ will work but the Diamond bolt special is good, I've hit 28s with the special and only 25s with the normal shot so I think the special does hit harder (Not too sure about this, anyone confirm?) The main reason why I used Diamond enchanted is because I had a lot of diamonds lying around in my bank without a use, it is a good way to use up spare gems :thumbsup:

Might also add a section to this guide for people without the magic levels, maybe using the canoes.

coza17.png

i dont feel its a good idea to wear barrows in wildy whilst training.

when u die it costs 100k for ea piece to get repaired.

First of all no barrows armour costs 100k to repair.

Barrows Helmets: 60k

Barrows Bodies: 90k

Barrows Legs: 80k

Barrows Weapons: 100k

Total repair cost: 330k

Only weapon is 100k to repair, and we're using Plate and Legs. Secondly you can repair your armour in your house for less money depending on your smithing level. Thirdly it only breaks when it is dropped to the floor, if you die and it protects as one of your 3 (or 4 with protect item) most valuable items it stays in your inventory and therefore does not drop, which means it does not break which means it stays at the same repair state.

coza17.png

Wow, when i tried this again, i find that it is slightly slower, but it CAN use no food. There are 2 dragons with safepots on the west side, and respawn very fast that i can alternate between them without interuption. Mith Bolts worked MUCH better then I expected(I was hitting 20s). Melee, is more efficant at higher lvls when they no longer hit you.

Owned_Nex.png

The whole point of the ranging them is that it is good range exp, if you camp there it is very fast but you can still get decent exp just from killing them and banking bones and hides. It is slower than melee but its range exp not melee exp. Also pures can camp there and train their range too. :lol:

coza17.png

Nice guide...

Mabey you should include some pker dodging tips :wink:

10/10 :thumbsup:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Nice guide...

Mabey you should include some pker dodging tips :wink:

10/10 :thumbsup:

I am going to add tips on how to escape pkers soon, just need some pkers to attack me and see how well each way works lol.

coza17.png

Doing it like this will even make your guide readable:

[hide=*Requirements* (or anything else)]*The text, pictures, etc. you want to hide*[/hide]

I can't open it now. =\

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Doing it like this will even make your guide readable:

[hide=*Requirements* (or anything else)]*The text, pictures, etc. you want to hide*[/hide]

I can't open it now. =\

Took me a while but I've used that code and made it easier to use O:)

coza17.png

if you do do a section on how to avoid pkers, make sure you metion that there is an area with green drags in lvl 19 wildy, however it is very small and you can see white dots but you cant see the pkers. I train there, and havent met a teleblocker yet :wink:

also, if you must, take a teleport to house. it is so much safer, because if you die in a boxing ring or house from poisen, you can get your items back. just make sure you get to the ring! (have it close to teleporter)

good guide. If i ever get range up I'll use this guide :roll:

kill_man222.png

hehheh5copy.jpg

if you do do a section on how to avoid pkers, make sure you metion that there is an area with green drags in lvl 19 wildy, however it is very small and you can see white dots but you cant see the pkers. I train there, and havent met a teleblocker yet :wink:

also, if you must, take a teleport to house. it is so much safer, because if you die in a boxing ring or house from poisen, you can get your items back. just make sure you get to the ring! (have it close to teleporter)

good guide. If i ever get range up I'll use this guide :roll:

The area in lv19 wildy is not as easy to acsess as the area I show, it is quite a long walk from teleport areas and other methods of transport. A house teletab is a good idea because if you die anyway inside your house you do not lose any of your items you just respawn outside your house (in a boxing ring you respawn just outside the boxing ring) But if you teleport to ecto for saftey if you are nearly dead from posion you have a Ring of Dueling so you can teleport to castlewars and get food or antiposion from the bank chest.

coza17.png

Lol, ill go help try to pk you lol, and that section about escaping from PKers. I tried dimond bolts, worked well, but imma stick to mith. I lose about 30 a invent, which lessens my profit dramatically.

Owned_Nex.png

How many can you in per hour at 85 range on average?

Might need to get hides myself unless people sell 1.5k ea :-k

Probably 60 an hour if you use carrallanger teleport and bank bones and hides. That is 210k an hour with bones selling 2k each hides selling 1.5k each :thumbsup:

coza17.png

Great guide, but unfortunately due to 30 pages of noobs in the same forum who are deluded enough to call you a bot and kill you over and over and over and over, because obviously we are all bots. It's funny really, i never noticed i was a bot before, but by the amount of people screaming "d1e b0t beep bop boop l0lzors!!! rofl!! nub Gold farmar!", i must obviously either be a bot or a gold farmer, because those sheer numbers can't all be complete idiots and noobs, can they?

Methinks jagex needs to introduce a non-wilderness green dragon area, that has insane non-combat requirements.

My RSN is Analysethis, a 'wonderful person' registered it on tip it!

analysethis.png

analysethis.png

analysethis.png

~ Gay and proud, in protest of rule 1.8 ~