Top GFXMaker People of RS?

Guest Resket

Unfortunatly RSC policy is that you need 50 posts in order to post in our Graphics Discussion so if you're interested, you'll have to post in RS boards or computing to get 50 posts to get access to GFX Discussion.

:lol: 50 posts isn't hard for me, lol.

Ask anyone here, when Tip.it came back for the first weeks my posts a day said 100 :oops: :oops:

yes you do seem to have alot.... and the first day that i started... like 2 months ago.... i had 120 posts on first day... but i usually talk rubbish and have nothing to back up anything... so... hey hey.... i'm gonna go....

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunatly RSC policy is that you need 50 posts in order to post in our Graphics Discussion so if you're interested, you'll have to post in RS boards or computing to get 50 posts to get access to GFX Discussion.

Ask anyone here, when Tip.it came back for the first weeks my posts a day said 100 :oops: :oops:

I can vouch for Nadril. He is an accomplished spammer.

Even back in the scape days he was quickly gaining on the top ranks. Although that 10k top total was a ways out :) If you comined his two counts though he would be around....6? 7k?

Fire, as to the 50 post count....let me work on that...I think we could find someone with a forum to let us use. Or we can just start an invision one expressly for the competition and then kill it when we are done. THey fortunately seem to have a provision for killing boards so wouldn't mind if we did a short term one.

I can vouch for Nadril. He is an accomplished spammer.

Even back in the scape days he was quickly gaining on the top ranks. Although that 10k top total was a ways out :) If you comined his two counts though he would be around....6? 7k?

Fire, as to the 50 post count....let me work on that...I think we could find someone with a forum to let us use. Or we can just start an invision one expressly for the competition and then kill it when we are done. THey fortunately seem to have a provision for killing boards so wouldn't mind if we did a short term one.

Yeah... back then i was working on it lol :lol: . Sadly 10k was way too much :(

I personally think there are a lot of good gfx makers on this bored. I mean i can consider all the more old school sig makers, but then i think about their sigs (sure they were amazing at that time) but most of the things they did can now be pulled off pretty easily. So it hard to pin point when there are so many.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

I personally think there are a lot of good gfx makers on this bored. I mean i can consider all the more old school sig makers, but then i think about their sigs (sure they were amazing at that time) but most of the things they did can now be pulled off pretty easily. So it hard to pin point when there are so many.

Yeah, like the models back then. They were realy nice looking and very cool (back then, some still today) but Entangle and Iw today would kick those models wagons with some of theirs :) . Kind of the same thing with all the other "trends" we had :P Which i think is kind of cool, that we sort of improve not just as one person but as a comunity :P

i think huang is the best gfx maker who's ever been on this board...

i don't think anyone even mentioned me on this thread... aww i usually at least get a couple. maybe it's a sign...

-Chicken

Gee great...guess you can thank folks like alex for that.

Got it in one, tttia... unfortunately, it's become necessary, due to a certain few, for us to take measures we would have preferred not to - and, as always, innocents get caught up in the web of those that are not-so-innocent :(

We don't like having to do it... but unfortunately it was necessary :(

We treat your board as if it was our own and anybody who spams your forum is punished on ours as if they spammed our forum. I'm disgusted by the paranoia shown by the tip.it staff. This is very disappointing news.

FF - same as we treat other boards same as ours, and users are punished etc. for spamming up other boards... we have quite a good relationship in that respect with a number of forums.

Unfortunately, as per tttia's comment above, and my response to it... the few are ruining it for the majority. Paranoia it may be - but it is justified paranoia - as per Alex's guesstimate on the number of times he has been banned from these forums clearly shows.

Certain ex-members of the forums are in no way, shape or form welcome EVER back on these forums, and it has come close a number of times to us taking the drastic step of banning an entire clan from our forums in order to give those ex-member(s) of the forums no reason to come back - it was getting that bad.

If you can convince twits like those that spoil it for the rest of the community that does respect and abide by the rules to stay away, then we'll be more than happy to be more forthcoming with events like this. Until that time, however, it won't be happening... and for that, I am truly sorry...

One-time #13 smither.

All-time #1 noob.

Well grin, I will cut you some slack on this one. You actually gave a reason, and I appreciate that.

I would have preferred it if we had been told when the decision was made. When wyrm locked the post he said that a decision was pending. But we never heard back on what the decision was.

The same with the art user group we had discussed...in fact we still have no response on that. I do realize however that everyone is volunteering their time and are busy. Perhaps some "admin emmesary" could be appointed to relay admin decisions?

As to making sure people like alex stay away...that could be difficult. Let me ask this.

if we administrated the details of this contest on a third party site, giving them no reason to come here, would that be permissable? We are more than willing to be flexible.

There's always going to be those "twits" around, there's no such thing as "good" without the "bad"...so yeah guess its bad news for the "good".

Btw, why was Alex banned in the first place?

[sig inserted here....in few days]

well, death threats on mods, constant flaming, posting threads with titles such as "rate this or go to hell", that sort of thing.

It is also at least believed by some, and evidenced by his reply in this very thread, that he was the infamous "bob marley" who hacked the boards at least once and posted rather um....er...innapropriate (to say the least) comments about raenond in quite conspicuos letters on the main page.

He was in my clan around that time and was boasting about plans, was especially angry with raenond, and talking about how he had learned php just for the occassion. Since they were on dk3 which didn't update often and had exploits unpatched, it was relatively simple for someone like him to do. (Which, since we are giving a history lesson, was also one of the primary reasons for the domain switch. )

What is rather fascinating at this point is that Keiphus is blocked, but Alex, one of the assumed targets, is clearly not. So it must be that the proxy blocking is not total. Of course some less dedicated ones would be blocked, so I am sure it is somewhat justified. But clearly alex has his ways around this particlar safeguard.

If we however made a seperate site for such contests alex would have no reason to come here, and would also have a point of contact with the artists here, which is clearly why he returns. He wants everyone to exclaim over him as in the old days. An understandable reason as we are all attention hounds, , but clearly not permissible. So this would allow an outlet.

if we administrated the details of this contest on a third party site, giving them no reason to come here, would that be permissable? We are more than willing to be flexible.

We can hardly keep you from running your own forum, can we now, tttia ?? ;)

And Princessa - sorry, but we have a policy of not discussing bans with anyone but the person involved... however, you could read tttia's post which could well have a fair amount of truth in it ;)

One-time #13 smither.

All-time #1 noob.

Guest AlexEP2

there is now way shape or form or way you can keep me banned.. anyways.

First off, to get to these forums, after seeing new proxy block, i just did some whole load of useless netwroking settings stuff which i didnt need.. all i had to do was instead use a public private port to connect instead of the main public which are more closely monitored... easy..

another way is to use a reflector proxy, which isnt technically a proxy but a reflection onto another ip so the system thinks its an ip... meh.

Anyways.. i think these 2 images i rendered yesterday show capacity of HDRI better;

robotwip13ur.jpg

robotwip29zq.jpg

these are 2 famous hands i made before, i just added the forearm and shoulder/biceps.. im also making the rest of the robot, working on legs and face now.. i might even use him in this comp. Lol.

First off, to get to these forums, after seeing new proxy block, i just did some whole load of useless netwroking settings stuff which i didnt need.. all i had to do was instead use a public private port to connect instead of the main public which are more closely monitored... easy..

another way is to use a reflector proxy, which isnt technically a proxy but a reflection onto another ip so the system thinks its an ip... meh.

Anyways.. i think these 2 images i rendered yesterday show capacity of HDRI better;

robotwip13ur.jpg

robotwip29zq.jpg

these are 2 famous hands i made before, i just added the forearm and shoulder/biceps.. im also making the rest of the robot, working on legs and face now.. i might even use him in this comp. Lol.

Alex , you are far too willing to brag for your own good.

as I said on rsc though this is one work by you I actually like.

Personally, i cant wait til grin deletes media board here.. it would really show how scared tip.it is of me 8) ... lmao

I rest my case... :roll:

Oh... and scared ? No, not at all. Fed up ? Probably.

Personally, more than anything, I feel sorry for you and people like you, Alex...

tttia - please refrain from feeding the animals...

One-time #13 smither.

All-time #1 noob.

Can't find any of Spun's awesome old stuff. Here's an ok new one

life8tz.gif

What are we supposed to be impressed by? The lame background? The scrolling text? Or his inability to spell "eyes" right?

robotwip13ur.jpg

robotwip29zq.jpg

do you get beat up at school so you feel nessasary to nag people online who can't get to you to kick your [wagon]?

Fav Overalls: Azvi.

Fav in Abstract/3D; Iw

Fav in Pixel: TJ

Fav in Other (ie. Vector/drawing/landscapes); Nad is cliche. Sorry mate, but I can't stand cliche.

Note I changed it to fav. I'm not going to rank anyone as far as best goes. I think anyone who gives it a [serious] shot has a shot at being the best, why try to discourage them?

~Cal

So let me get this straight. The reason this event is not happening is because Alex (Resket) created this thread to provoke a TIP.IT vs RSC graphics war and because it was Alex who started this, the event cannot take place?

I don't really understand, yes Alex is competing for RSC in the battle since he is a member there and active but that shouldn't count for anything. This event can be done without the approval of the tip.it staff or the RSC staff but it wouldn't be tip.it vs RSC. It'd just be some people who frequent RSC battling tip.it regulars.

If this was allowed, the only thing this board and RSC would be used for would be for advertising and recruitment and notification. Nothing more. The actual battling is all on a seperate forum.

I don't see how Alex being a past banned tip.it member justifies banning advertisement/recruitment/notification topics for a graphics battle between members of one board and another.

So let me get this straight. The reason this event is not happening is because Alex (Resket) created this thread to provoke a TIP.IT vs RSC graphics war and because it was Alex who started this, the event cannot take place?

I don't really understand, yes Alex is competing for RSC in the battle since he is a member there and active but that shouldn't count for anything. This event can be done without the approval of the tip.it staff or the RSC staff but it wouldn't be tip.it vs RSC. It'd just be some people who frequent RSC battling tip.it regulars.

If this was allowed, the only thing this board and RSC would be used for would be for advertising and recruitment and notification. Nothing more. The actual battling is all on a seperate forum.

I don't see how Alex being a past banned tip.it member justifies banning advertisement/recruitment/notification topics for a graphics battle between members of one board and another.

fire, ixna on the ommentsca ....I think we got this worked out.

And grin...er sorry, next time I will just call the rangers. Guess I like to talk too much too!