Board Style suggestion

Note: If this isn't the right place to suggest, please link me the correct post and lock :)

---------------------------------------------

Been looking through the Demo testing site http://www.phpbbhacks.com/templatesdemo/

Found this style which I think would become quite popular: FI Black 3d Template. It has dark smooth colours, I personally find it great. :)

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

I believe that tip. it is currently using phpBB 2.x, and that they intend to update to a 3.x version shortly. (as soon as they find time)

Personally, I don't see the point of having any more skins, since there are so many to choose from, it would be hard to pick just a couple without people posting threads every week saying "I want this skin"...

nh.jpg

I doubt we'll even consider adding new skins until we upgrade to php3. Then at that point, it's really up to Albosky. He's very busy guy, running around fixing bugs and taking requests. So I'd assume that a installing and modifying a new skin would be at the bottom of his list :(

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

To the comment about updating to Php 3.x, I believe we decided that we will not update to version 3.x until it is considered stable and bug-free...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but v3.0 looks no better than this one... :|

It's much better :P

As noted above by The Sith , this forum will eventually migrate over to phpBB3 .

Its a much more efficient system , makes a lot better use of query caching, is almost 100% class based , etc etc.

As comfortable as I am with v.2 , eventually it will lose support and be overrun by exploits that are yet to be found, much like Windows 9x is now.

But , even after it goes gold , its going to be a short while before we ever try to make the change as we store a lot of custom data that will need to be integrated into the system first.

List of features: http://www.phpbb.com/about/features/

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

There will be more skins available for phpbb3 beyond subSilver I would imagine. Besides, you would rather have bad forum software that looked a certain way or a new one that was ten fold better with features and had a skin you were less than thrilled about. :P

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

Personly i think tip.it did a great job on desiding the default forum skin it is mabey not the "coolest", or the most eye catching, but when you start reading pages of posts it definetly helps. Your eyes dont keep trailing of to the skin behind the writing, and it also prvents your eyes from aching and look like well you know ( :shock: ).

bridgesigks4.jpg

God gave men both a p*n*s (male body part) and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time!