The Amazing Guide to F2P Merchanting! RIP Merchanting...

guthix121

Lately people hav ebeen obsessed with buying their full black g. You can either try and buy it at 325-350k, or you can buy peices separately and sell for 400k. People will buy it right away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one, 9/10

Gonna start merching Big Bones Till i get about 20mil :o

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg

This is an excellent guide....i would vouch for it 100% except...you need to update it in the wake of the new shop update.

Teenagers Say Barney is Stupid...

WELL TODDLERS SAY THE SAME ABOUT HALO!!!

Imps are the deadliest creature in runescape...

All you basically did like a lot of other guides is list things that you CAN merchant and list their prices, you never mentioned how or anything. What good are these prices going to do for someone a few months down the road the prices have probably changed?

...4/10

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

All you basically did like a lot of other guides is list things that you CAN merchant and list their prices, you never mentioned how or anything. What good are these prices going to do for someone a few months down the road the prices have probably changed?

...4/10

First, I update these prices every week. You can tell because at the bottom of the post it says I've updated it 42 times in the 2 months this thread has been alive. Second, I say how to merchant in the first paragraph, incase you didn't read it. And third, just because you don't know how to merchant and this guide doesn't give step by step instructions like "first log in, second go to varrock, third go to the bank, fourth get your stuff, yadiyadiyada", doesn't mean you have to give me such a bad rating. And if you think all merchanting guides are bad-make one yourself.

...4/10

First, I update these prices every week. Second, I say how to merchant in the first paragraph, incase you didn't read it. And third, just because you don't know how to merchant and this guide doesn't give step by step instructions like "first log in, second go to varrock, third go to the bank, fourth get your stuff, yadiyadiyada", doesn't mean you have to give me such a bad rating. And if you think all merchanting guides are bad-make one yourself.

Fair enough that you update the prices every week. You say what merchanting IS but you don't really saw HOW. You come up with a common sense explanation about just buying low and selling high but that's it. You also try to sound like you know all about the Runescape economy when in all reality you probably don't.

As for the bulk of it, you can't really merchant with 5k, well you can, but it's much better just to gather stuff on your own, which you kind of say I suppose but "merchanting with only 5k" is kind of misleading. You've got some good options for up to 1mil merchanting but after that it's basically just a price guide for the treasure trail items and rares, which in all honesty you probably haven't even merchanted before.

Bottom line is it's completely unoriginal and I've seen many guides in the past that are almost exactly like this. They just give you different options to merchant (which is good, but it seems that every person needs to say the exact same thing in their guides and repeat the person before them), as well as their prices which are usually outdated. Most guides don't go into detail about how to actually get the deal for the cheap items. Sure you can get lucky every once in awhile and find something for cheap, but in all reality you have to barter to get the price you want almost all of the time (mainly if you want to get a good profit).

I never said you had to give common sense step by step instructions, you've already pretty much done that. I never said all merchanting guides are bad, I said most of them are that are just like yours. I'm not going to make one myself because I don't have the time and I rarely play the game any more. I'll log on every few weeks maybe to check out an update. That doesn't mean I don't know a good guide when I see one though

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

actually, all of the rares and such are commonly merchanted in P2P Worlds as well. I though, am F2P for life-therefore all of my guides are F2P and always will be.

but you didnt mention soft clay(100?), bones(100-150) or cials of water(150-220)

these items are also goo to start on. thaanx for the guide, though i am already a skilled merchanter.

p.s. ill try thr newt eyes =P

if u sell newt eyes r u shure peeplz will buy in forums?wat r they used or anyways? :-w

People on the forums like to buy eyes in bulk for herblore. But, it is a little challenging to sell it to those members, who usually don't like working with F2P. It is also suggested then that you get a member friend to sell the stuff for you.