How jagex should have selected player mods.

123Yourgone

notice how all the people defending the fact that there is tonnes of low lvl pmods, are low levels, or are even a low level pmod themself.

right... what's your description of a low level?

even if i was a high-level p-mod, i'd disagree, as my opinions don't change because my game character does.

plenty of high levels are disagreeing as well, if you use the high score link in the username you'd see that.

a p-mod, no matter the level, is still human, and aren't going to become something other than human because of a silver crown.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would never work. This way corrupted moderators would be much more common.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

i assume that recruting pmods straight off tutorial island like they do atm is much better

I never said they did that. But if pmods chose pmods, then some hacked pmod could make chaos. He would give everybody pmodship and alot of people would get muted. The current way is fine.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

i assume that recruting pmods straight off tutorial island like they do atm is much better

I never said they did that. But if pmods chose pmods, then some hacked pmod could make chaos. He would give everybody pmodship and alot of people would get muted. The current way is fine.

Jagex would have to aprove every one of them, and they would have to have a clean record and decent ammount of xp.

Not to mention jagex would look at the drastic ip change and probably just lock the account.

Jagex would have to aprove every one of them, and they would have to have a clean record and decent ammount of xp.

Not to mention jagex would look at the drastic ip change and probably just lock the account.

they already lock hacked mod accounts...

how many people here know the modding system well?

As many times as I have read that stuff on the main page and the town crier, it' s basiclly selecting people with lots and lots of good reports, clean account and a kiss ups on the RSOF.

As many times as I have read that stuff on the main page and the town crier, it' s basiclly selecting people with lots and lots of good reports, clean account and a kiss ups on the RSOF.

there's a lot more to it than that, and iot's stuff they don't even tell people they selected as mods.

to be honest, the only people who should be criticizing the system are the people who know every detail of it, which are the jagex mods in charge of selecting them...

there's a lot more to it than that, and iot's stuff they don't even tell people they selected as mods.

to be honest, the only people who should be criticizing the system are the people who know every detail of it, which are the jagex mods in charge of selecting them...

I dont have to see the system to know its flawed when i see lvl 36s with white crown, people muted for no reason and p mods threatening to mute when you give away there merchanting tactic..

I dont have to see the system to know its flawed when i see lvl 36s with white crown, people muted for no reason and p mods threatening to mute when you give away there merchanting tactic..

hacked mods, levels over maturity, and the FEW bad mods.

as for the last one, in the end the mod was demodded.

you're judging most of the modding community on the actions of a few... the real world equivalent of that is racism. you don't support that , do you?

a bit extreme, but it gets the point across...

you're judging most of the modding community on the actions of a few... the real world equivalent of that is racism. you don't support that , do you?

Lets not get on the subject of rascism, my government supports it.

The subject is player mods, and the fact that there is that few bad seeds is worrying enough, its not hard to pick people who arnt going to mess up, the problem is, jagex doesnt know any of the people they make mods, if mods were chosen by people who actually play the game, then you would have less chance of some random noob becoming one.

The subject is player mods, and the fact that there is that few bad seeds is worrying enough, its not hard to pick people who arnt going to mess up, the problem is, jagex doesnt know any of the people they make mods, if mods were chosen by people who actually play the game, then you would have less chance of some random noob becoming one.

i'd personally trust the people who created the game over random people who might pick their friends regardless of how good they might do at the job.

a famous player is not exactly a mod-worthy player. if anything, being famous AND a mod makes you a hacking target the size of a city.

i'd personally trust the people who created the game over random people who might pick their friends regardless of how good they might do at the job.

a famous player is not exactly a mod-worthy player. if anything, being famous AND a mod makes you a hacking target the size of a city.

Which famous player do you know of dosen't have a good antivirus? Which famous player is going to download virus embedded in third party software?

I don't agree to the friend recommendation p modding system though. If, in any case, Jag really implements this, pmods are going to be more popular than the number 1 ranker in RS.

drapit.png

Which famous player do you know of dosen't have a good antivirus? Which famous player is going to download virus embedded in third party software?

I don't agree to the friend recommendation p modding system though. If, in any case, Jag really implements this, pmods are going to be more popular than the number 1 ranker in RS.

whether or not they have good antivirus, you can assume a famous player would know more fans than friends, especially since you can't be sure new, actual friends will be added over the course of time, and not just people that kiss-up and then brag to their friends that they've been added by _____, and that wouldn't think twice about accepting modship just for the crown and rumored powers, like those that the author likely thinks exist.

that, and everyone gets careless at one point or another. you can't be too sure that the video your friend-since-2005-ingame is legit or a keylogger.

Like the author likely thinks exists? what the hell is that supposed to mean, i know exactly what powers player mods have and im a damnsight more knowlegable about ANYthing in rs then you are so shut your mouth.

right then, how many mods are there, rounded down?

there are certain things that people who play this will only know once they're a player/forum mod. i can guarantee you don't know those.

many things people regard as fact for moderators are as far of from the truth as you can be.

were you in the middle of the argument when someone claimed a mod tracked them to mage-bank pk them when they had their chat off?

can't assume you're that much more knowledgeable than i am, either, especially as broad a topic as 'anything'. trust me, the town criers probably know more about p-mods than you do.

Like the author likely thinks exists? what the hell is that supposed to mean, i know exactly what powers player mods have and im a damnsight more knowlegable about ANYthing in rs then you are so shut your mouth.

I somhow bet that you don't know all that player mods have.... and if you did I am sure Jagex would be intrested to know HOW you know.

i know exactly what powers player mods have and im a damnsight more knowlegable about ANYthing in rs then you are so shut your mouth.

Just for future reference..... that type of statment really does not reflect well on you. I am quite sure you are not as great as you belive based on what you have been posting.

The selection method used by Jagex is fantastic, as I have said, any issue that was possible to spot would have been spotted! they don't hand out the title to any old player......

6,000 people is alot! you will find bad people within it, no matter how well vetted they are..... just look at my old PE teacher..... they are fully investigated by the govenrment and yet he is still in prison right now! (doubt this point needs any further detail :P)

I can remember if I said this on this thread or another on but:

When looking at the forum mod seletion process.... Every candidate will have been looked at for past history, every post made probaly over a matter of weeks will have been read and reviewed by several people, their personality displayer ingame and on the forums in looked at by Jagex, other accounts connected to their name, be it the same owner or even the same household etc, if they have any activity off the site that needs to be taken in (possibly by ICU).

Now to me that sounds pretty well done.... I guess it's about the same for player mods.

Now when we look at your way..... are we going to be in a better or worse situation when the desission of whos name is looked at if offered by a well know player, who has no acsess to adminastrative tools?

Personally I think Jagex are going to be slightly better at it!

sig2webzx7.jpg

right then, how many mods are there, rounded down?

there are certain things that people who play this will only know once they're a player/forum mod. i can guarantee you don't know those.

many things people regard as fact for moderators are as far of from the truth as you can be.

were you in the middle of the argument when someone claimed a mod tracked them to mage-bank pk them when they had their chat off?

can't assume you're that much more knowledgeable than i am, either, especially as broad a topic as 'anything'. trust me, the town criers probably know more about p-mods than you do.

I am really good friends with not one but two player mods in real life, i know exactly what they can and cannot do.

As to bobbington, if the player mods were choosing each other id suggest they still use the current screening process, just eliminate the people with 800 skill total and 2 million xp.

I am really good friends with not one but two player mods in real life, i know exactly what they can and cannot do.

As to bobbington, if the player mods were choosing each other id suggest they still use the current screening process, just eliminate the people with 800 skill total and 2 million xp.

Well it strikes me that you are friends with two people who should not be moderators, as a moderator they *must* keep confidentialtty, even though they are real life friends they have still leaked confidential infomation, and wich in turn can damage the entrire moderator team.

I hope very much that they have not told you everything, and that is extreamly worrying. I will be passing this infomation onto Jagex next time I have some free time.

As for the other point, I am sure Jagex have criteria, they wont give the title to a player who has very limited game experiance. I would guess they take their time ingame, as an important factor already. HOWEVER I find it unfair that some players should be disqualified becase of not meeting a varible on their account. At a guess there are alot of moderators who actually have the title on their "noob" account instead of or as well as their main account, Jagex know whos accounts are connected to whos, just becase you cant see the experiance.... does not mean it's not there.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Well it strikes me that you are friends with two people who should not be moderators, as a moderator they *must* keep confidentialtty, even though they are real life friends they have still leaked confidential infomation, and wich in turn can damage the entrire moderator team.

I hope very much that they have not told you everything, and that is extreamly worrying. I will be passing this infomation onto Jagex next time I have some free time.

There's no problem realeasing what a moderator can and cannot do. We all know they are normal players and have the power the mute other players along with a few other powers...there's no secret in that. If one of your friends asked "What do you moderators do?" and you replied "I can't tell you, confidential"...i'm sure they'd think you either didn't trust them or that you're just being an idiot :-$

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

If I was a player mod and sombody asked me

"what are your abilities?"

I would answer:

"I have the power to mute players speach ingame, and I have priority reports using the report abuse button"

The rest if really nobodys business, every moderator has agreed to keep confidentiality, if the moderator is not cabale of not telling everybody who asks when we have come back to the very point that 123 is trying to stop in this thread (although I disagree with the methods)...... Moderators abusing their position.

Whilst on the forum team I would prefer a bit more open ness, the reasons why infomation is not in the public domain it their is alot of damaged that can be caused with it in the wrong persons hands, and it can compromise a moderators ability to play the game.

As I said..... every moderator agreed not to tell anybody infomation they are not directly told they can share. If a player harasses me ingame about my abillities I will report for it, we have a right to play as normal people.

sig2webzx7.jpg

who cares if you are a "hacking target" or not, aslong as you have more than 2 brain cells you CANT get "Hacked".you are just another low lvl pmod trying to justify jagex making people who dont deserve to be pmods, pmods.

who cares if you are a "hacking target" or not, aslong as you have more than 2 brain cells you CANT get "Hacked".you are just another low lvl pmod trying to justify jagex making people who dont deserve to be pmods, pmods.

right...

so once i become a 'high level' in your eyes, i'll magically become mature enough to mod as effectively as i currently do?

as for two brain cells, i suppose you've never been hacked then?

your attitude is disgusting, if you have nothing productive to say, why not just leave?

What? What are you talking about? As much as I have read a local guy' s reports, he is a mature and good player, and as much as I have read yours, you flame all that don' t bow down to you, meaning everybody.