How jagex should have selected player mods.

123Yourgone

Player mods have a valid place in this game, i just think they should up the experience needed to become one.

Seems that jagex has distanced itself from the community that it created, perhaps jagex should raise wages so there can be more jmods :P

Well that is what I meant when I said I would prefer Jmods to Pmods. On the other hand, Jmods probably have less knowledge of the game than actual players. I remember one time a friend took a screenshot of a Jmod asking how to get to Ardy. :( The ones that I met though normally answer customer service questions properly, like billing questions and bug reports. :lol: Basically, pmods know more about the game but jmods know more about the behind-the-scenes business and programming things.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player mods have a valid place in this game, i just think they should up the experience needed to become one.

Seems that jagex has distanced itself from the community that it created, perhaps jagex should raise wages so there can be more jmods :P

Well that is what I meant when I said I would prefer Jmods to Pmods. On the other hand, Jmods probably have less knowledge of the game than actual players. I remember one time a friend took a screenshot of a Jmod asking how to get to Ardy. :( The ones that I met though normally answer customer service questions properly, like billing questions and bug reports. :lol: Basically, pmods know more about the game but jmods know more about the behind-the-scenes business and programming things.

Not suprising is it? I'm sure many of the workers are there to earn money, not to learn about a game whose primary audience is young people under the age of 20 :P

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

This is, I'm afraid, the suggestion of an idealist.

Ideally, this would work brilliantly, but unfortunately, practically, it wouldn't. Unless you paid them (j mods,) they would - if not always - choose many of their friends.

Also, there would be a lot of pressure put on that one person from such an appointment.

Their friends would instantly go: Hey! I'm you're friend! You know I'm mature, how come you haven't picked me yet!?

Eventually, the person would either make all their friends player mods, or lose any friends who aren't mature enough to accept that they can't be made a player mods.

However, these mature people, are the kind of people they want as player mods anyway, so you can see the circle here.

In the end, unfortunately, this just wouldn't work...

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

What do you all mean by this? I thought Jagex did recruit p mods by referrals from other pmods? No other way even makes sense.

I'd like to know how you think Jagex chooses their p mods.

I am sick of people thinking we pmods can refer them to Jagex for the possition... READ THE FAQ! PMODS CANNOT RECOMMEND ANYONE!

So to become a mod all you would need is have some good connections? Oh please, we already have enough of that irl @__>
No, all you would need is, good connections, a good attitude, proven accuracy in your reports, a high experience lvl and a clean record.

currently:

all of which except connections and experience are required. the two left out can go either way.

Meh, I think it's mostly luck, just like everything in rs :P (though not for RSOF mods. To be a mod there all you have to do is to have good grammar, post a lot, and agree with Jagex's policies almost every single time)

This is, I'm afraid, the suggestion of an idealist.

Ideally, this would work brilliantly, but unfortunately, practically, it wouldn't. Unless you paid them (j mods,) they would - if not always - choose many of their friends.

Also, there would be a lot of pressure put on that one person from such an appointment.

Their friends would instantly go: Hey! I'm you're friend! You know I'm mature, how come you haven't picked me yet!?

Eventually, the person would either make all their friends player mods, or lose any friends who aren't mature enough to accept that they can't be made a player mods.

However, these mature people, are the kind of people they want as player mods anyway, so you can see the circle here.

In the end, unfortunately, this just wouldn't work...

Each player mod gets to make a maximum of 2 reccomendations.

What do you all mean by this? I thought Jagex did recruit p mods by referrals from other pmods? No other way even makes sense.

I'd like to know how you think Jagex chooses their p mods.

I am sick of people thinking we pmods can refer them to Jagex for the possition... READ THE FAQ! PMODS CANNOT RECOMMEND ANYONE!

MAKE ME READ THE FAQ, YOU PMOD ALL CAPS SCREAMER! :P Make me stop thinking what you don't want me to think while you are at it, why don't you? You are obviously the boss of me.

How long have you actually been a pmod? Are you sure you know how they have been recruited since the pmod system started? FAQ is fairly recent.

Say what you like now, though. I won't even read your hysterical posts anymore.

Let's look at things from a Jagex perspective:

Hypothetically speaking there are 20 Jmods, 6k Pmods.

So for every Jmod they have to take care of 300 Pmods.

On each day say there are 150 of those pmods active and

they send in 2 reports each so 300 reports in total. Every

report takes 1 mins to evaluate and act upon and thus

will take 5 hrs to complete.

Now this does not even include the thousands of reports that

the average player sends in.

My point is both Jmods and Pmods are overworked and underappreciated.

Jmods try to find the ideal players but they are hard to come by. Sure it's not a perfect system and no recruiting system will ever be. If you make a positive difference in RS then hopefully you'll be rewarded with mod, but don't be a mod for the sake of being one because mods like those are useless.

Spaneard.png

3.png

I feel that they cant, who better to choose player mods, then proven player mods.

And if your given a position of trust on a game you should have proved your dedication.

Look at it though. Who would've picked those first few Moderators? Jagex Moderators right? So why should they be put under a harsh examination and other players get in simply because they have "Connections" that's like saying if a celebrity blew up a building and killed hundreds of people, that they wouldn't get punished because they have lots of other celebrity friends.

Connections wont get you far in life. Sure it may get you a job, but in order to keep that job you need to prove yourself. But something of this stature is too important to give power to "potential" moderators who could ultimately mess it up.

How long have you actually been a pmod? Are you sure you know how they have been recruited since the pmod system started? FAQ is fairly recent

Remember player moderators cannot reveal anything such as recruitment, etc :P It's all confidential.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I'm a player moderator as well, and I have to say, your suggestion on choosing player moderators would only cause more harm than good for the player moderator team.

When a player moderator has a friend on his/her list, the player mod can never be sure whether the player is really like how he/she behaves. I have that experience myself. I have some friends who behave perfectly mature and well when they are talking to me, but when I see them talk to their non-mod friends, they are totally different. In fact, I was shocked to know that these friends (who are perfectly well-behaved in front of me) have black marks and offences on their accounts. Not only that, their attitude towards their non-mod friends just show how immature they are, and shows that they have total disregard for the rules. Is it then right for me to recommend them to Jagex if they seem to be alright for player moderation (because of how they behave in front of me)?

Trust me, there are many players who behave differently when they have a mod on their list, but when there is no mod around, they behave like jerks. How can player moderators then recommend the right people to be mods? Seriously, Jagex have a much more reliable way in choosing mods than player mods do, just let Jagex do the job.

Again, I have to stress that Player Moderators are NOT chosen for their stats or levels in game. Because their character and attitude are much much much more important than anything else. We don't want player mods who have high stats but cannot even follow the rules. We want players who show genuine concern for the community and have the maturity (not acted out maturity) and self-discipline as player mods. If you are lazy, immature, boastful, irresponsible, and cannot control your emotions well, then you are NOT in any way suitable for this role.

Lastly, you are totally wrong in saying that Jagex Mods don't play the game. From the knowledge base, it clearly says that many Jagex Mods do have normal accounts that they play on, so it's not valid to say that they don't know more than the players do about the community.

RS Player Since 2006

Ltfairy.png