Killing the God Wars Bosses (Updated Armydal Added)

andylax38

God Wars Dungeon

Table of Contents

I. Intro

II. Requiements

III. How To Get There

IV. Setup

V. 40 Kills

VI. Killing the Bosses

VII. Screenies and Videos

IIX. Conclusion

**~ Warning ~** This is not meant to be attempted by anyone under 105 Combat and even then is very difficult.

I. Intro

This week was the release of the long awaited God Wars Dungeon. Along with this dungeon we received four new boss monsters and 3 new slayer monsters. This guide will deal with killing the boss monsters to hopefully get a Shard or a Hilt!

*** I do not currently have guides for the Sara boss but hopefully will sometime soon.

II. Requirements

III. How To Get There

The easiest way to get to the God Wars Dungeon is to teleport to Trollhiem and to walk north to the dungeon. Heres a map of the path to take:

408.jpg

A commonly used technique is to tele to trolliem drop two sharks tele back to edgevile or seers and get 2 more sharks. Then tele back to trolliem and pick up the sharks you dropped to take the spots of the teleport runes.

IV. Setup

Bandos Setup -

94a.jpg

Zammy Setup -

40e.jpg

Armydal Setup

c68.jpg

*no need for mith c bow on armydal setup I'm just an idiot and too lazy to take another screenie.

**For Armydal it is better to bring a zammy item as well so you could bring a cape or zammy d hide.

***These two setups can be altered to satisfy your needs this is just suggestions.

V. 40 Kills

Before you can fight the bosses you have to kill 40 monsters of the boss you are planning to fight.

Bandos - Bandos is the harder of the two to get 40 kills for because the only armor you can wear to make the creatures non aggressive is very rare at the moment.

I usually stay out of the actually Bandos area when getting the 40 kills because the monster inside the area are much harder. I kill a mix of goblins, jorges and orcs using melee prayer when necessary.

This is the spot with non-aggresive hobgoblins to get your kill count for bandos.

b56.jpg

Zammy - When gettign the 40 kills for zammy I go across the ice bridge in to the zammy area. Make sure you are wearing some sort of zammy item so that the monsters are non-aggressive. Once in there i kill a mix of Spiritual Mages (83 slayer requirement) and imps. Imps are very easy a quick to kill whereas the mages have a chance to drop d boots.

Armydal - When getting the 40 kills for Armydal I like to use mith bolts that way i don't have to waste any of my ruby bolts on the kill count. All I kill for this one is is the lvl 73-92 Aviantese. They have a decent chance at dropping addy bars from which you can make more bolts. I usually end up with around 30 per trip.

*Also there is a crate by the entrance for the Armydal area that has free mith grapples in it incase you want to stock up. Just drop your mith grapple search the crate and so on until you have as many as you want.

VI. Killing the Bosses

Bandos - After You have the 40 kills fins a safe spot outside the bandos area and take a sip of your sara brew. Then take a sip of super restore, followed by the pure set. Run to the door in the Northwest with mage prayer on and go through it. Once through the door run north to the door leading to the Bandos Boss. Once at the door switch your prayer to melee and also turn on piety and go through. Immediately use your Dragon Mace specials on the Lvl 650 boss. All of the others will be attacking you but there attacks do not hit too hard. Once you use your specials switch to your whip and keep attacking the Lvl 650 boss. Eat when necessary and keep attacking the boss. When he is dead switch your prayer to mage and kill the others in the room. Use the alter in the room and possibly kill another boss if you have enough food left.

Zammy - Once you get the 40 necessary kills head to the door containing the zammy boss. Take a sip of your sara brew, followed by your super restore then the pure set and super anti-poison. Wait at the door until the mage and ranger are on the far side of the room and run in with protect from melee on. Run to the north east corner and use your dragon mace on the Lvl 650 boss. Your prayer will block out most of its attack except for its special attack which can hit up to 45. Eat when you need to and keep attacking until it is dead. Kill the rest of the monsters in there one at a time using the right prayers. If you have enough food kill another then teleport out when you need too.

Armydal - Once you have the kill count head for the door and take a couple sips of a sara brew followed by a sip from your super restore and then lastly some of your range pot. The best tactic I've seen is to have the person with the highest def lvl stand by the door and keep the boss occupied over there. While the other members go off to the far side of the room and range it from there. Everyone should be constantly praying protect from range. Eat your sharks and take doses from your brews when necessary until it is dead. With a 4 person team we can usually stay for around 5 kills maybe more if we are lucky.

VII. Screenies and Videos

Here's a picture of where to stand when you are killing zammy :

6f2.jpg

IIX. Conclusion

Thank you for reading my guide and I hope it helps you attain those rare drops from these boss monsters. Working on getting a guide up for the sara boss. I will be adding a few more pictures of me killing the bosses in time.

*Note: the techniques in this guide can be used to solo the bosses but it is much easier to do it with more people.

Credits:

Smellysocks for figuring out the zammy technique.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

it might be suitable to add an anti poison to the zammy inventory as the poison from zammy boss hits 16 so a sip of anti poison before the fight can prevent a lot of damage. ive also found a ranger standing back from the boss with duamond bolts (e) or ruby bolts (e) can inflict massive damage from a safe distance as the boss will not move from the person he is attacking and the melee bodygaurd demon ( the only one that attacks on the east wall ) will be too far away to be tempted, i did this with a friend in the mid 70s who is 71 range or something close and he inflicted more damage this way than i did with my whip pure set and piety.

Haven't started the cavves, but i'll use your guide, once i start it. What equipment is from bandos? :-s

Bandos equipment:

Bandos boots

Armour tassets

Bandos chestplate

Nice guide :D

although I wouldn't try soloing bandos

Prayer 99

Range 99

Omw to become a Tank Ranger

Semperfy.png

always have your health above 50

although sometimes he will use a mage attack then the special attack....

which might result in 75 or more damage very quickly

you just got to have your food ready

also watch your prayer, because he tends to drain lots of it if he is attacking you

Scrd_Silence.png

it might be suitable to add an anti poison to the zammy inventory as the poison from zammy boss hits 16 so a sip of anti poison before the fight can prevent a lot of damage. ive also found a ranger standing back from the boss with duamond bolts (e) or ruby bolts (e) can inflict massive damage from a safe distance as the boss will not move from the person he is attacking and the melee bodygaurd demon ( the only one that attacks on the east wall ) will be too far away to be tempted, i did this with a friend in the mid 70s who is 71 range or something close and he inflicted more damage this way than i did with my whip pure set and piety.

If you look at my zammy setup and guide to killing him you'll see that i do have a super anti poison and mentioned taking a sip of it before you enter.

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

Haven't started the cavves, but i'll use your guide, once i start it. What equipment is from bandos? :-s

Bandos equipment:

Bandos boots

Armour tassets

Bandos chestplate

Nice guide :D

although I wouldn't try soloing bandos

i managed to solo him once, might have just gotten lucky, but yea its not recommended.

Very nice guide! I solo'd the Bandos Boss earlier today, I stood by the door and he blocked the guardians from attacking, you might want to add that in but its purely luck for that to happen. :P

Also, you might want to change your title, you haven't mentioned the Saradomin Boss or the Armadyl Boss.

Phaper_Plane.png

Very nice guide! I solo'd the Bandos Boss earlier today, I stood by the door and he blocked the guardians from attacking, you might want to add that in but its purely luck for that to happen. :P

Also, you might want to change your title, you haven't mentioned the Saradomin Boss or the Armadyl Boss.

Yea thats how i did it too and I'm working on the sara and armydal guides.

The generals are immune to poison, so dds wouldn't be advised. Hally or mace hit higher then dds can anyway.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

i'm 66 combat and me and 2 friends (89 and 98) killed zammy guy a few times in a trip with the aid of ruby bolts ;) just a suggestion, how else will a lvl 66 ever hit 49 then 39

Noob Skillls - 89 Range - 82 Magic - 78 Strength - 80 Hitpoints - 44 Prayer

-69 Combat -

-99 Cooking-

-ANTI PURE BASHER, PURE AND PROUD-

I personally take my warspear to zammy (and I use a cape, no book) so I don't need food/ pray with the KC. You lose +4 str, +2 pray and +11 def from not wearing fire cape but you lose +5 str and ~18 def and atk from not wearing defender.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

you didn't mention the ancient mace (Bandos item) as a mean to prevent attacks while getting into Bandos lair.

is it waste of slot?

other then that, nice work, i gonna use it today for bandos.

Honestly this is kinda recent news for me and i haven't had time to update the guide with it yet