A Complete Guide to 99 Construction!

-Devoted12-

Welcome to the guide of 99 Construction and ways to make the cash.

In this guide, I will tell many different methods in raising Construction and ALSO raising the cash to get 99 Construction!

Before starting, I would like to remind all users that 99 Construction is a very expensive and complex skill. You should be willing to spend quiet a bit of time if going for 99 Construction.

This guide is mostly for any folk whom wish to raise Construction. I will go through the basics on Construction and a few moneymaking tips.

This guide will include:

•  
    [*:1m2x4h8w]Construction ~ 1-99

[*:1m2x4h8w]Cheap methods to 99

[*:1m2x4h8w]Moderate methods to 99

[*:1m2x4h8w]Expensive methods to 99

[*:1m2x4h8w]Runecrafting Nats for Cash

Updates to this guide:

September 10, 2007 ~ Added Runecrafting Portion

September 10, 2007 ~ Guide Created

The People You Should Get Aquainted With

There are a couple of people very important to the Construction Skill. You should get used to seeing them depending on what path you decide to take.

The Sawmill Operator

Aww, the good old sawmill operator. You can find the sawmill operator Northeast of Varrock. He will have a symbol like this by his location:

z2uq9.png

This man will plank your logs for a price:

•  
    [*:1m2x4h8w]Regular Logs: 100 gp

[*:1m2x4h8w]Oak Logs: 250 gp

[*:1m2x4h8w]Teak Logs: 500 gp

[*:1m2x4h8w]Mahogany Logs: 1500 gp

He also sells materials that are needed for Construction:

•  
    [*:1m2x4h8w]Saw ~ 13 gp

[*:1m2x4h8w]Cloth ~ 650 gp

[*:1m2x4h8w]Bronze Nail ~ 1-2 gp

[*:1m2x4h8w]Iron Nail ~ 1-5 gp

[*:1m2x4h8w]Steel Nail ~ 1-5 gp

You will be doing a lot of planking depending on what method you decide to take... (Cheap or Moderate)

Another person that is important in the Construction skill is the Stonemason. Although some may never use the Stonemason, and most of these methods won't, he is still nice to know. He will sell most things that will make your house look nicer. They include:

•  
    [*:1m2x4h8w]Limestone Brick ~ 45 gp

[*:1m2x4h8w]Gold Leaf ~ 130,000 gp

[*:1m2x4h8w]Marble Block ~ 325,000 gp

[*:1m2x4h8w]Magic Building Stone ~ 975,000 gp

Most of the other people aren't too important, therefore I will not list them. If you would like to find out about the other people, you can do so in Tip.It's Construction Guide.

The Cheapest Method:Ahh, so you have a hard time making cash and don't feel like Runecrafting for the expensive way? Have no fear, Construction can still be for you! Although it is a lot longer of a process, 99 is still very probable when you are on a budget.

Your first step is to buy a house! You can find an Estate Agent in Varrock, Falador, East Ardougne, or Seers' Village.

They will have this house icon:

construction_estateagent_varrock.gif(Courtesy of Tip.It)

Your house will cost 1,000 GP to start off with and it will be located in Rimmington.

(Of course, the cheapest method is just to make clay things. Unfortunately, that is not really reasonable, so I will post the cheapest, semi-fast method.)

This method is if you cut ALL your wood! Prices will not be accurate if you buy the wood.

Level 1-4

Requirements:

10 Planks and 10 Nails (Approximately 1000-1100 gp)

Your plan is very simple here, just make Crude Wooden Chairs until level 4.

Level 5-9

Requirements:

24 Planks and Nails (Approximately 2400-2700 gp)

Another very simple plan! You only have to make 6 Wooden Bookcases and then you have finally gotten to level 9. Was that so tough? I sure hope not, there's a lot more to come!

Level 10-99

Requirements:

449,430 Planks and Nails (Approximately 52.5 Million!)

Yes, this guide is very brief and to the point. From level 10-99, you will be doing Wooden Larders!

Of course, there are cheaper ways to get the 99, but they are very outrageous in terms of time. This takes long, but is very possible, therefore I find it the cheapest method that is probable.

You need to cut all your logs and plank all your planks.

A good way to plank is to use the balloon planking method.

Use this guide to find out about Balloon Transport!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=564065

The Moderate Way of Going About Level 99!

So, you have a little bit more money to spend or are willing to Runecraft a little more for cash, then this method is for you!

Basically, you start off with the same way as the cheap method...

Your first step is to buy a house! You can find an Estate Agent in Varrock, Falador, East Ardougne, or Seers' Village.

They will have this house icon:

construction_estateagent_varrock.gif(Courtesy of Tip.It)

Your house will cost 1,000 GP to start off with and it will be located in Rimmington.

(Of course, the cheapest method is just to make clay things. Unfortunately, that is not really reasonable, so I will post the cheapest, semi-fast method.)

This method is if you cut ALL your wood! Prices will not be accurate if you buy the wood.

Level 1-4

Requirements:

10 Planks and 10 Nails (Approximately 1000-1100 gp)

Your plan is very simple here, just make Crude Wooden Chairs until level 4.

Level 5-9

Requirements:

24 Planks and Nails (Approximately 2400-2700 gp)

Another very simple plan! You only have to make 6 Wooden Bookcases and then you have finally gotten to level 9. Was that so tough? I sure hope not, there's a lot more to come!

Level 10-22

Requirements:

160 Planks and Nails (Approximately 16,500 gp)

You will be making some Wooden Larders in your kitchen for these levels! It is very fast xp and should only take you 20 larders!

Level 23-33

Requirements:

212 Oak Planks (Approximately 53,000 gp)

First this, you will be making Oak Benches! Only 53 benches until you passed this step!

Level 34-74

Requirements:

17,968 Oak Planks (Approximately 4.5 Million gp)

For this, you will be making Oak Larders, removing, then repeating. I would get a butler if I were you to speed up the the process. I highly recommend a Regular Butler, which is 5k in payment. A demon butler is too expensive for the little efforts that he puts in. If you wish to use the demon butler, he is 10k. If you don't want to pay up the extra cash, put your house in Yanille. There, you can use the bank in Yanille to grab planks. Another method of banking requires a lot runes, but some still use it. They make their inventory and then use their mounted glory in their house to teleport to Edgeville. There, they bank and use a house tele, then repeat. Once getting to this level, pat yourself on the back, you are now onto your final resting spot where you will spend the rest of your time getting 99 Construction!

Level 75-99!

Requirements:

198,970 Oak Planks (Approximately 50 Million in cash!)

From here on out, you will be making Dungeon doors in your Dungeon. Once again, I suggest butlers even more at this level! It is a pain going up out of your dungeon everytime to bank. If you decide to get a butler, get a regular one only! They will bring 20 planks, and dungeon doors are 10 Planks at a time, perfect! If you use a butler, create a pathway in your dungeon. Build a door so it's just a blank wall (where you will add your dungeon door) and the dungeon door you just recently built (leading off to the rest of your dungeon) By doing so, your butler will be forced to appear in the hallway, thus being close to you!

(Will Upload Pics Later)

Congrats on getting level 99 Construction!

The Most Expensive Way!

I am happy to hear you chose this method! It's always fun to use the fastest method to get 99 Construction.

The guide starts off pretty much in the same way and will use the same methods. Except, this time, you buy your oak planks pre-made. The price of the pre-made planks are around 400 ea now. Using this method it will cost about 90 Million in cold hard cash not counting butler fees!

How To Make Your Cash!

In my opinion, the easiest way to make a constant flow of cash is to Runecraft Nats using the abyss. (Req. Level 44 Runecrafting)

z2vl6.png

This is the inventory I use and the armor that I use.

I will explain the reason for the ordering of my pouches later on in this guide. As for my inventory, my weight is very low, which is my ultimate key. Most people will add in Dragonhide. I, however don't feel the need to, therefore don't. I wear my cape and boots to reduce my weight. You should use a mithril pic because they are the lightest in weight. The material of pic you use does not effect your mining skills in the abyss. All pics are the same! I am also wearing my Elemental Shield just for a little defense. The glory ammy is for teleporting back to Edgeville! Finally, the ectophial is used to teleport incase of a PKer. This can be switched out for a house teletab or a sara brew. Either of those work good. I just prefer the ecto.

Okay, So now that you have the basic inventory down, it's time to head on out...

z2qu5.png

This is my basic path to the mage. Of course, it's a little curvy and whatnot but you get the overall picture. :)

If you encounter a PKer, the main thing you need to know is to keep calm!

Most Runecrafters begin to freak which leads to the loss of ALL their items. If you are teleblocked and have no chance of getting out, start dropping your pouches. Do NOT worry about dropping the small pouch because you can get it back for free from the guy in the Abyss. Drop your glory and anything else you have time to and just take the hits until you die. You will end up in Lumbridge. From there, just run into the bank and tele to edge fully stocked up! Grab your pouches and whatnot then run away. If you get pked again, you weren't skulled so you should keep most of your stuff. :)

If you have a chance of getting away, just run for your life to the Abyssal Mage. Remember, a Teleblock will not stop the Abyssal Mage from teleporting you into the Abyss!

Once in the abyss, you will have a couple of entrances around you...

abyss.png

(Picture Courtesy of Tip.It)

You can use almost all of those ways in except the burn your way in entrance and the chop your way in entrance. When you teleport in, no matter which way you go, you should quickly see either a mine, a distract eyes, or an agility entrance. Use any of those three for entrances to the abyss. Once in the next ring, go to the Nature Rift. Before entering, prepare yourself for a little trick!

z2mc9.png

Click on the Nature Rift as you run around. When you reach it and are just teleporting, click in this black area. It is where the altar is in the Nature Altar. By the time you finish teleporting, you will have almost finished crafting your first batch of essence. The cyan dot is where you should click. It can take a couple of tries to get used to.

z2hb1.png

Now that you have your first batch of essence crafted, it's time to learn why I order my pouches the way I do. As you see in this picture, when you right click the pouch, in the middle, and you click empty, your mouse is already on the next pouch! This means you have to do no extra moving! This only saves seconds but in the long run, it will add up!

Finally, my teleporting to Edgeville Trick!

This is a pretty complex teleport and many people can't see what I am talking about.

z2dl3.png

Make sure your camera angle is ALL the way down!

Basically, you line up the Magical Pillar (Boxed in red) with the other pillar.(Boxed in cyan) The cyan dot is a little to the right of where your mouse should be. If you look closely on the cyan boxed pillar, just to the left of the cyan dot, there is a little knotch missing. It looks like a little line. That is where your mouse should be when you teleport. All this seems complicated, but it only took me about two-three tries and I learned to do it with perfection!

The results will be this...

z2kj2.png

Notice in the top left, your mouse is already on the bank in the red. From there, all you have to do is right click and click bank! Along the path, you can take out your glory if need be and also check your health. From there, you bank. Get a new glory or food if needed then repeat!

I highly suggest that you use Super Energies while Runecrafting. It will speed up the process and make it much more enjoyable!

Thanks for reading, and good luck! :)

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Way cool, but sad I don't play RS anymore. :)

What method are you using?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Way cool, but sad I don't play RS anymore. :)

What method are you using?

Thanks! :)

I am using the most expensive method of course! I enjoy Runecrafting, so I don't mind using the expensive method. It's shorter too! :)

In fact, the part that I will have the most fun writing will be the Runecrafting portion. I have found a couple of tricks while Runecrafting that I am eager to give to others. :)

Hey great guide !

i was wondering, you probably have a much higher def than me lol so is 65 def ok to go nat crafting with no armour? and also do u tihnk you could kind of give me a little turtorial like do one rune with me <3: because im new and have never rced thru abyss in my life so if its a yes could you please add me thanks !!

MujGunGetDiv.png

Hey great guide !

i was wondering, you probably have a much higher def than me lol so is 65 def ok to go nat crafting with no armour? and also do u tihnk you could kind of give me a little turtorial like do one rune with me <3: because im new and have never rced thru abyss in my life so if its a yes could you please add me thanks !!

I think I am 64 Defense. :-k :)

So, yes, it is entirely possible to do so. I am 83 Combat and use that inventory with NO armour! Just have some food stocked up before you go. You will be needing some of that! :)

I have my chat on some of the time, so feel free to PM me when it is on and I'll give you a quick runthrough! :)

good guide

and looks good to

Very nice guide devoted, i have been thinking of getting 80 or so con soon, once again, good job! =D>

Good luck if you choose to go for 80 con!

The Most Expensive Way!

I am happy to hear you chose this method! It's always fun to use the fastest method to get 99 Construction.

The guide starts off pretty much in the same way and will use the same methods. Except, this time, you buy your oak planks pre-made. The price of the pre-made planks are around 400 ea now. Using this method it will cost about 90 Million in cold hard cash not counting butler fees!

How To Make Your Cash!

In my opinion, the easiest way to make a constant flow of cash is to Runecraft Nats using the abyss. (Req. Level 44 Runecrafting)

is all of the most expensive way the same as the medium 1? u say it starts off the same and then go into making money but never say nething about the rest of the method

Dk team: axe - 5 zerker - 7 warrior - 4 mud - 1 seercull - 2

Barrows: guthans helm - 2 guthans skirt - 2 torags legs - 1 ahrims skirt - 2 ahrims staff - 2 torags helm - 1

Dragon: axe - 1 legs - 4 skirt - 4 med - 3

Draconic visage - 2

is all of the most expensive way the same as the medium 1? u say it starts off the same and then go into making money but never say nething about the rest of the method

Well, you use the same steps. As it says, this time, you just spend more money rather than planking and/or cutting all of the oaks. This is more expensive, but you still use the same method as the Medium Way. It is a lot more expensive because you buy pre-made planks 400ea, whereas you can plank for much cheaper! :)

I like it, but I think the runecrafting section could be improved.

I would switch out the ecto for a house tabulet. Because if you're low hp and poisoned, and you die in your house, you respawn outside with all your stuff.

Also I think you should change the pouch placement, and this is why.

If you place them like this:

rcinvent.png

then you can right click on one, and this happens.

rcpouch.png

That way you can just rapidly right click then left click on all of them to get them emptied.

I did like the camera angle trick, thanks for that.

snowsigyy7.png

I like it, but I think the runecrafting section could be improved.

I would switch out the ecto for a house tabulet. Because if you're low hp and poisoned, and you die in your house, you respawn outside with all your stuff.

Also I think you should change the pouch placement, and this is why.

If you place them like this:

then you can right click on one, and this happens.

That way you can just rapidly right click then left click on all of them to get them emptied.

I did like the camera angle trick, thanks for that.

Thanks for the suggestions! I like my method of using the pouches, but I will test that soon and see which is faster. Also, I am testing to see if it is faster/more nats an hour to bring the super energy or wait til you have to drink it all. About the house tele, I stated that that is definetely another replacement for the ecto. At the moment, I don't have a lecturn, my house is pretty much empty, so I just use the ecto. Once I add all the furniture to my house, I will use a house Teletab.

~Perhaps adding times, like how long your methods would take. You also kind of skipped over Teak and Mahogany Planks...Whoops? Otherwise, not bad.~

~Homer - 94 Construction~

Teak and Mahogany logs are VERY expensive and in my opinion, not worth the money so I didn't feel the need to add it in there. As for times, I may do that soon. I don't like timing myself, but I will try. :)

You didn't happen to get that pouch lining up thing from me did you :P?

Posted it in mario's guide a while back.

Pretty good guide, although it seemed to be more about RC than con :-w

Nope, sorry if you feel I stole your idea. I figured out a lot of tricks, all of this was created by myself with no help from others.

Hehe, yeah, Construction is a very repetitive skill. There's not much to powerleveling. So, I figured to make the guide better, I'd post my Runecrafting stuff also. :)

• 3 years later...

Nice.. Im a puny lvl 19 con, but I see why..

I've just been doing furnitures all over the place, but realised that in order to make my house look good, I'd have to tear it down again.

This is a very good way to achieve the con level you need to make the house you want without using money at "temporary" rooms :)

Awesome, awesome, freakin' awesome :D

If I ever get that kind of money, I'll sure remember this guide :D

demesterio.png