Im trying to make a cartoon/animation, clickhere!

terley

Hello im still alive.

Im about to start Universtity, so I've figured I should have something recent to show, since I've not done much lately. (Too busy gathering cobwebs playing WoW)

I've storyboarded an opening scene, converted my sketches into Macromedia Flash and developed a rough animation plan (just to get placement right, don't judge the quality), over the last day I've decided to work on my backgrounds. Which I've hand drawn and transfered into photoshop. And hopefully Im on the right direction, Im definately pleased with my style so far.

Each of these will only be shown for a matter of seconds and are in some parts massively cropped, so if you have any critisism please be aware that any minor changes would most likely not be noticed.

plan02np3.gif

This gif version is also much slower, and may take a bit to load for some.

02gl8.jpg

This is just the back layer, im aware about the missing wall and bush.

03va8.jpg

01vp0.jpg

I'll keep adding more, I've got another 3 to draw tonight, I'll clean em up tommorrow.

Im posting here for some general feedback, it'd be a shame to not hear from anyone. I'll be working on the animation more soon, atm it's crude because it's only based on the storyboard but the timing works well imo.

Thanks.

vistame09copyhr8.png

Great job so far. :) The animation is looking very cool, and the backgrounds look good so far. Not too much feedback from me, I'm afraid - I don't see much wrong with it. Colour choices are nice, no big perspective issues I can see.

Keep us updated. ;) Good luck with it!

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

My only CC would be to add a few more frames between the part when you see those doors, and the part where you see his back, running away. Thats a but too fast, compared to the rest. I suggest a part where you see the doors opening (still viewed from above), the person walks out of the screen, and then you see his back, just when he walked out of the screen. :wink:

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

Haven't seen you in a while and nice to see some of your new work!

The new stuff looks really nice atm, I just got to love that .gif. And the backgrounds are really nice too. Can't find anything bad on them.

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

plan02ag5.gif

bit of progress, filling out any gaps with sketchy placement. I personally like how it animates atm and it's gonna be a great guide for when I hand draw each character frame.

Im planning on having the college area skattered with random students otherwise this scene will definately look pretty empty.

Again please be aware this gif above runs much jerkier/laggier than the full version, it's just the easiest way to show you guys without uploading too much.

I've written a short story, which im basing this animation on, the scene's fully storyboarded and hopefully I'll get through it at the same pace. :anxious:

Im off to work till tommorrow lunch, any comments/ideas/changes would be appreciated. :D

vistame09copyhr8.png

Great job so far. :) The animation is looking very cool, and the backgrounds look good so far. Not too much feedback from me, I'm afraid - I don't see much wrong with it. Colour choices are nice, no big perspective issues I can see.

Keep us updated. ;) Good luck with it!

Agreed, loving it sofar, cant wait to see the finished product!!

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust