F2P Strength Pure Guide

Nacs16

F2P Pure Strength PKer's Guide!

Last Update:July 19, 2008

Answer Yes or No

-Are you willing to spend time/money on lobsters?

-Are you willing to risk rune weapons?

-Are you willing to not use teleports while in the wilderness?

-Are you willing to go to into the wilderness?

If you answered yes to all of these questions, than you are ready to start your Strength Pure!

But if you answered no to one or more of these questions, then you shouldn't even think about being a PKer right now.

Chapter 1: Creating Your Character

-Your PKing name should be something original or funny. Do not create a dumb name that reflects the kind of player you are (x5tr Pk3rx) or (lol I pwnt u). Those names are unoriginal, stupid, and there are too many of them around. Pick any other name you would like. My Pkers name is I R O N 005. I personally like the spaces in between letters but pick a name that you won't regret picking.

-The clothes your PKer wears doesn't really matter. you can wear anything you like. even though Iron armor is the best thing to wear while PKing in Edgeville (which is where you will be doing most of your killing) you can wear anything. since you have 1 defense, you will basically receive the same amount of damage, whether you are wearing amour or not.

Fill in the empty slots with whatever you want!

strguideinventoryym1.jpg

Chapter 2: Training Your Character

-The Stats of your character is very important. The most important thing is PKing skill but you will get to that later. There are two options you have when training stats. Attack or Strength first. It really doesn't matter at all (I got my attack up first). Now I'm not telling you to train your attack all the way up to 40 with you strength still at 1. You should alternate. Gain 10 attack levels, gain 10 strength. That simple. I will explain more detailed training later on in the guide.

- Before you even cross the wilderness ditch for some serious PKing, you should have 40 attack and at least 50 strength. At this point, don't expect to get kills. Now is the time to get used to fighting, gain XP in a fun way, and maybe get lucky and kill someone.

- I assume you have gotten some armor and food to fight goblins with. Yes, you do need food to fight goblins. Anyways, train your attack and strength to 20 right there in Lumbridge. This shouldn't take very long. While doing this, it is fun to collect chef hats. I collected exactly 20 chef hats in this point in my training. Just for fun. It might be a good idea to go to the attack dummies in Varrok and get your attack to 8 really fast before fighting goblins.

- So you got your attack and strength to 20? Nice. Now take a long walk up to the monastery and start killing some monks. There are four monks for you to kill there so if there are lots of other people training with you, I suggest switching worlds. You don't need any food to fight these monks because you can ask any one of them to heal you! I like them to heal me and then I kill them. So cruel. You should train until you get your attack and strength to 40 each. Woot! You can how wield rune weaponry!

- Grab your rune scimitar, full iron, some trout/salmon, and 10 coins. Can you guess where you will train next? No not the Lesser Demons! You are going to train on Al-Kharid warriors! Fun? Not so much. It is really boring to train here but you will most likely find some other Pkers to talk to and compare stats with. You can train your strength here for as long as you want. The strength on my pure is 60 at the moment and I am planning to train it higher in Al-Kharid.

This is the definition of perfect stats...for a level 45 at least

strguideperfectstatsxe7.jpg

-The rest of your training is up to you. Here are some suggestions though. Try the Stronghold of Security (SOS), maybe the hill giants, maybe guards in Varrok, training on cows and selling their hides is a nice way to make money too. you might even want to put on some leather armor and train at the elemental wizards. Your choice, but remember never to train prayer or defense. It will mess up your stats in the long run and you will have dug yourself a giant hole that you will never be able to get out of. Ya it's that horrible.

These are the first 3 training spots you should vistit.

strguidelumbymapce9.jpgstrguidemonastarymapxi7.jpgstrguidekhardmapyx4.jpg

Chapter 3: Making Money

- If you are planning to drop trade from your main, buy money from the autoers (yes thats what their doing; selling money.), making a level 3 looter, or even scamming. NO! ALL THOSE THINGS ARE BAD, AND AGAINST THE RULES! There are plenty of ways to make money without even training skills. The world 16 air running, merchanting, selling vials of water to members, and selling eyes of newts to members are all fine ways of making money! Choose one they are all very profitable and there are even guides to some of them on this forum! You may even want to train non-combat skills for money. Mining iron is a very easy and fast way to make some profit.

Chapter 4: PKing

-Finally! I can go out into the wilderness and PK! Not yet. There are some things you will need to learn.

PKing Terms-

Gf- Good Fight (say it after a fight to your opponent)

Bs- Back Stab (to trick a person into teaming with you, and then attacking him/her.)

Pj- Person Jacker/pile jumper (to cut into another person's fight)

Safer- Person that eats too much.

Tagger- People who take turns attacking during a fight

-All PKers should get to know these terms. You will better communicate with others players with them.

Where to PK-

You will PK in Edgeville for 1v1 fights. Higher levels tend to go to level 3 or 4 wilderness in Edgeville while lower levels stick to levels 1 and 2. Good spots to PK in multi-combat areas are Varrok, Castle, and Hills. There are other places deeper into the wilderness that you may want to go to with a team. Going there alone is probably the most dangerous thing to do in F2P Runescape.

strguidewildymapcv4.jpg

Map Provided by Tip.It

How to get kills-

-Combat level 3-25= Virtually impossible. You shouldn't be able to get any kills, your opponent might lag and die.

-Combat level 30-40= Going to need to have one really lucky combo to get a kill

-Combat 45-55= You are going to get good kills. Don't need combo moves but they are very useful

-Combat 60-126= You are now at the point where you can deal 20+ damage with your scimitar which is way more than a lobster heals. Combos are useful but you don't need them.

PKing Strategy-

-There is a way you should PK as a strength pure. At first, get to know your opponent's strategy. When are they typically eating? Are they going to risk you hitting your max and not eating, do they have a secondary weapon? You should adapt to their style.

strpureguidestrategypicqc6.jpg

strpureguidestrategypicwe2.jpg

strpureguidestrategypicpo6.jpg

Other Tips-

-Some PKers (typically the players that drop trade and buy gold online) will constantly pester you by calling you "safer" and "noob". Just ignore them, they might forget to eat while typing.

-While you are in the 45-55 combat lvl period, this is a range/2h pker's golden age. Be careful when fighting them.

-Consider taking a rune 2h or rune battleaxe into a fight. You do risk losing a lot more money this way, but you will be able to do some sweet combos.

40e3b12264.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide.

Add more pictures

Just decided to post cause you got 0 posts but it was a VERY good guide to read.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

7/10

I disagree with looting being wrong.

That is one of the best ways to start a pure.

As a looter.

my pure started off by looting 200k+ in items / food/ arrows.

Then that was enough to start pking over 700k

air running is for when your too high to loot, and starting to get low on cash.

and for those "anti-looters" I don't attack back, and I drag them into the skeletons... and then the skele's kill them.

more loot! :D

a good str pure has 25 mage for bind/tele as well.

when your pking at hills on a lvl 50 pure, and run into a larger team of lvl 60s, its rather dumb to stand around and fight to the death as your not proving anything by dying.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Owner of Death Assembly, a 75+ rune pure / Tank Ranger clan.

Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

9/10 but give some more tips on how exactly to train, the best monsters, what food etc.

I have a Range/2h pure and I have problems finding places to train strength..

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

7/10

I disagree with looting being wrong.

That is one of the best ways to start a pure.

As a looter.

my pure started off by looting 200k+ in items / food/ arrows.

Then that was enough to start pking over 700k

air running is for when your too high to loot, and starting to get low on cash.

and for those "anti-looters" I don't attack back, and I drag them into the skeletons... and then the skele's kill them.

more loot! :D

a good str pure has 25 mage for bind/tele as well.

when your pking at hills on a lvl 50 pure, and run into a larger team of lvl 60s, its rather dumb to stand around and fight to the death as your not proving anything by dying.

if you really think about it. Looting is almost like cheating.

and teles are just bad. it's not hard to escape from hills or castle. just run through some trees.

but thanks for the comments everyone ill try to add some more pics and info on training.

40e3b12264.png

add something about range.. get at least 40 for green chaps and vambs for def points

d'hide does serve better defence than iron legs and leather gloves but training range would throw off hitpoints and not allow the maximum strength you could have.

This tiltle is F2P Pure Strength Guide too.

40e3b12264.png

add something about range.. get at least 40 for green chaps and vambs for def points

d'hide does serve better defence than iron legs and leather gloves but training range would throw off hitpoints and not allow the maximum strength you could have.

This tiltle is F2P Pure Strength Guide too.

getting 40 range will get you only 13k hp xp which wont level you up if you have high enough hp. so it will help.. it also adds mage protection which is good.

--baller

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Wouldn't range be useful too for the dhide legs/vamps? I'm sure the extra combat levels gainteed through hp are worth it.