this concerns "iresponsible player mods!"

gg_kk90

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a player mod and I did not see anything there that reqired a mute. Jagex has specific rules regarding mutes. As a mod you can not just go around throwing mutes at anyone that you see.

And, technicly player mods do not have to do anything.

So if I told you your mother is a female dog and your father is a homo sapiens, you can only listen?!

1. P mods don't have to do anything and they could have reported them. etc.

2. Are you 10years old? Go google homo sapien, "your father is a homo spaien" um. ok, ty??? :P

Idiots in Rune Scape do say that, I was also once told I' m black scum. Don' t know how that happened since I' m not black, nor is my character...

And I know pmods don' t have the obligation to help, but he could' ve reported that one, since they enjoy reporting rule breakers.

Doesn' t the crown represent the passion of clicking the report button?

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

mind describing what the 'advantage' is?

1. being able to speak thru chat off/friends/hide

2. being able to join any clan chats (not 100% sure of that one)

3. crown = trust, so its easy for pmods to decieve players in none illegal ways like lying about prices.

4. being able to mute players (jagex do nothing if pmods mute for no reason)

5. misinformed players think things like if they attack them in the wild theyll get banned etc.

6. its easy for them to scam because of the crown, and if the person doesnt realise within 60 seconds or the pmod doesnt want to be one anymore they get no actual punishment.

7. stupid level 30s get it and act like they are superior to other players and go around muting people for no reason (and jagex does nothing)

1:that's more a disadvantage, many players add mods the moment they speak

2: that's not a true one

3: but then, any instance of this is posted on fansites. if a mod does anything that isn't perfect, it's posted around the community for all to see.

4: muting is quite restricted. if a moderator does a false mute, it is usually removed within a day.

5: the mod crown makes you more of a target. if i were to speak in the wild, i'd get attacked by almost everyone that can, so they have the satisfaction of having killed a mod.

6: they are demodded, likely watched more closely by jasgex, and, in worst cases, banned.

7: that's their problem, and not an advantage.

tell me, have you seen any former moderators?

Jagex never reverses an unfair mute, now that you have proved you have no idea what your talking about kindly shut the hell up.

I was muted for 2 days for no reason, i sent in 2 queries to jagex, i recieved the reply that the matter would be looked into and id have to wait out the 2 day mute.

I never recieved any apology, i had to wait out the entire mute and i had to go to a clan war completly inable to communicate with my fellow clan members.

the guy that muted me had 36 thieving and 56 woodcutting or something as his only skills on the highscores.

Being able to talk through chat filters IS an advantage to merchants.

In what worst cases are they banned?, my good friend al 200 is a player mod, another p mod borrowed his green party hat, put him on ignore and logged out, al reported it to jagex, the guy lost his moderator position and had no further action taken against him whatsoever.

A mod kicked me from a Clan Chat today because I told her Offering someone to Buy something wasn't considered Offensive Language.

O_o

you couldve reported them for giving false info and misleading players probably. if they where a moderator of the clan chat they had every right to kick but if pmods are auto modded in every clan chat, thats a very STUPID advantage which should be REMOVED.

I am a player mod and I did not see anything there that reqired a mute. Jagex has specific rules regarding mutes. As a mod you can not just go around throwing mutes at anyone that you see.

So if I told you your mother is a female dog and your father is a homo sapiens, you can only listen?!

1. P mods don't have to do anything and they could have reported them. etc.

2. Are you 10years old? Go google homo sapien, "your father is a homo spaien" um. ok, ty??? :P

Idiots in Rune Scape do say that, I was also once told I' m black scum. Don' t know how that happened since I' m not black, nor is my character...

And I know pmods don' t have the obligation to help, but he could' ve reported that one, since they enjoy reporting rule breakers.

Doesn' t the crown represent the passion of clicking the report button?

it represents they are a trusted player an an example for other players... well its meant to.

1. Sticks and stones... ::'

2. Ignore button... <.<

3. A pixelised representation of a moronic, possibly drunk, quarterwit talking about your mother when there are insanely overwhelming odds against them having any idea who she is, and you wasting emotional energy over it is hilarious whichever way you look at it.

Thank you for yet another entertaining post. =D>

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

last post on this thread, hopefully... seems people can't post in an intelligent way without mod bashing because of imaginary powers.

if pmods are auto modded in every clan chat, thats a very STUPID advantage which should be REMOVED.

this being one of those. moderators get no game advantages. the ones discussed here are could hardly be called advantageous, and affect players and the few corrupt mods there are.

Jagex never reverses an unfair mute, now that you have proved you have no idea what your talking about kindly shut the hell up.

i'd think i know a bit about mutes. ask any mod, they've likely had mutes lifted at one point or another.

1. its an advantage because first of all it makes it easier for them to trade, second of all its annoying if i want to only see my friends chat or no chat at all and some pmod is spamming.

2. ok

3. jagex shouldnt make them mods in the first place.

4. yeah but nothing happens to the mod.

5. ive seen a mod in castlewars say "ill mute you all if you attack me!", i reported him because he was power abusing and hes still a mod to this day.

6. nope they just get a slap on the wrist basically

7. it is because people dont doubt them due to a SYMBOL.

1: easier to trade, yes. you still have to find the mod in a mass of people, don't you? -annoying you is not an advantage

-

3: you can never tell how they'll act once being modded. whether you like it or not, they're human, they're entitled to make mistakes

4: nothing happens to anyone that abuses the report system, really. anyone here knows that and swears by how ineffective it is.

5: perhaps you should send a customer support query, they might actually action those

6: point 4

7: that's their ignorance. many players seem to think all p-mods work at jagex.

I'm not sure if someone has already said this, but 'Homo Sapiens' is scientific (sp?) name for human species/race (w/e it's called). Though about 'female dog', I would punch offender 'till he couldn't get up for it.

And for p-mod, he should be warned, because an offence was right in front of his/her eyes and he/she did nothing.

rsdeadst7oq2.jpg

Friend of PKGodz

>.< I knew I made another stupid mistake... dang, I guess I' m more tired from school than I thought. I wanted to type in homosexuall <.<

Anyone know any school tricks on how to get some rest in class?

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

last post on this thread, hopefully... seems people can't post in an intelligent way without mod bashing because of imaginary powers.

if pmods are auto modded in every clan chat, thats a very STUPID advantage which should be REMOVED.

this being one of those. moderators get no game advantages. the ones discussed here are could hardly be called advantageous, and affect players and the few corrupt mods there are.

i'd think i know a bit about mutes. ask any mod, they've likely had mutes lifted at one point or another.

1. its an advantage because first of all it makes it easier for them to trade, second of all its annoying if i want to only see my friends chat or no chat at all and some pmod is spamming.

2. ok

3. jagex shouldnt make them mods in the first place.

4. yeah but nothing happens to the mod.

5. ive seen a mod in castlewars say "ill mute you all if you attack me!", i reported him because he was power abusing and hes still a mod to this day.

6. nope they just get a slap on the wrist basically

7. it is because people dont doubt them due to a SYMBOL.

1: easier to trade, yes. you still have to find the mod in a mass of people, don't you? -annoying you is not an advantage

-

3: you can never tell how they'll act once being modded. whether you like it or not, they're human, they're entitled to make mistakes

4: nothing happens to anyone that abuses the report system, really. anyone here knows that and swears by how ineffective it is.

5: perhaps you should send a customer support query, they might actually action those

6: point 4

7: that's their ignorance. many players seem to think all p-mods work at jagex.

1. YES IT IS, its annoying when say im training at fast free laws and some pmod is spamming and i cant see the trades. thats just an example and DONT tell me to get over it, players SHOULDNT have the ability to speak through chat off/hide, id understand MAYBE it showing over their heads but not in the chat box on off/hide but its not like that.

3. yeah, making thousands of level 30s mods is a makable mistake? rofl. its just pure stupidity giving people who have played a month a number of advantages over other players, and a position which is meant to show they are an example forother players.

4. they shouldnt just have the mute removed, they should be demoted, being muted is a HUGE disadvantage and mods KNOW if someone is say selling the same thing as them they can EASILY falsely mute them and get away with it.

5. i sent both an abuse report and a complaint to jagex and they just sent an auto msg

6. pmods who abuse their powers should be instantly demoted.

7. nope its just the general rs public think "hes trusted enough to be a pmod, therefore he wont scam", nothing to do with working at jagex.

People get blinded by power. Some people will stay nice, some will just get fed up with all the crap you people post about them and start spamming.

thats wrong in 100s of ways. so, in your mind a random level 30 is someone who is a good player and an example to others, but they see a post on a fansite and go crazy and start muting for no reason? stop replying to my posts, 90% of your replies are too stupid to even reply to. most of these abusing pmods are people who shouldve NEVER BEING A PMOD IN THE FIRST PLACE, thats one of my points.

ill summarize the 3 main points for you:

1. jagexs recruitment methods for pmods, are well terrible, making basically NEW PLAYERS be pmods all the time.

2. pmods have big advantage over regular players.

3. jagex does nothing if pmods abuse their powers (refer to 2, pmods can EASILY make a player be severly disadvantaged by muting them and nothing happens about it, having trusted players being able to mute IS a good idea but it isnt moderated properly by jagex so its too easily abused)

Try being a mod for a day and see how it goes for you then tell me what you think.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

i wouldnt be a pmod for a second even if i was paid, i barely even play rs now though so i just wouldnt login for the day. if i did play, id just play as i did normally and i would block the people who obsess over seeing a pmod rather than bother chasing them around and making a big deal. thats another point btw lol - pmods say about how "hard it is for them" because people "bother them" for being a pmod , why dont they just resign if its so bad? or do they just love attention?

Actually, I' d say that there actually should be a time limit, so that there can be ensured knowlege of the game. I don' t agree on very new accounts being modded, but there are low levels that are very skilled in this game (like me :P ) and I have seen lower leveld mods than me.

Jagex either makes the mute permanent or extend it, they do not lift it untill it runs its full course.

I have had mod mark tell me this.

I also have had to sit out a 2 day ban when there was no doubt at all that it was unjustified.

i wouldnt be a pmod for a second even if i was paid, i barely even play rs now though so i just wouldnt login for the day. if i did play, id just play as i did normally and i would block the people who obsess over seeing a pmod rather than bother chasing them around and making a big deal. thats another point btw lol - pmods say about how "hard it is for them" because people "bother them" for being a pmod , why dont they just resign if its so bad? or do they just love attention?

If they resigned, people would be breaking rules left and right. There will be more advertising website bots. JAGeX would need to pay more people to moderator RuneScape which will increase the price of membership and pretty soon F2P won't exist.

j0xPu5R.png

If they resigned, people would be breaking rules left and right. There will be more advertising website bots. JAGeX would need to pay more people to moderator RuneScape which will increase the price of membership and pretty soon F2P won't exist.

im saying why do they complain so much but stay a pmod? pmods make very little difference to the "advertising website bots" problem and almost no differance to rule breaking which actually hurts players (not someone calling someone a noob or claiming a bucket is rare), most advertising bots are doing it while mass registering other accounts and getting them off tutorial probably, i used to alch in lumby/varrock (sometimes funny convos happen lol) and there was almost nonestop advertising bots, and if a pmod came and muted one it was usually a case of 10 minutes later the same bot is back. LOADS of account sharing/luring etc goes on away from where pmods even could be nearby, most of pmod reports are probably reporting noobs who are like lvl 40 or less and only joined the game to be annoying. i once saw a pmod who literally camped in lumbridge for hours muting all the noobs trying to sell accounts etc, all that did was spam up jagex reports because they make new accounts in 10 minutes, bots which sign up just to spam cant be stopped by mutes and bans, players scamming/luring etc CAN be though. also whos saying reg players cant report? also theres over 6k pmods so if the whiny ones demoted themself there would still be alot, and you see the thing is RS is a GAME, if someone finds being a pmod is ruining their fun but they just whine rather than resign, maybe they should reconsider why they play rs, then look at their lifestyle...

Lol that mod wasn't doing anything wrong...... Talking about rule breaking, please read the official rules of runescape thoroughly before complaining......

That's how we mods get treated like we're machines and are SUPPOSED to serve everyone like nannys to little babys. First, we don't get paid, we report rule breaking strickly according to a specific guildline jagex gave us, only when we observed it and feel like it. We have our rights to play the game like everyone. So no matter how insulting you think it is, we won't report it if it's not defined as rule breaking according to jagex. In fact if we report just because someone is being annoy, that would be irresponsible reporting, and we won't become mods in the first place.

There you have it, I do know why jagex hand pick the mods, because you will be likely to receive 10 times more insults, begs, annoy "noob" questions from being a mod. If you can't even handle that situation, then there will be no hope that you will ever become a mod, and what mods do will never be understood by you.

Apexflash.png

====Proud of reaching 80m exp in 100% F2P====

============= F2P For Life==============

Lol that mod wasn't doing anything wrong...... Talking about rule breaking, please read the official rules of runescape thoroughly before complaining......

That's how we mods get treated like we're machines and are SUPPOSED to serve everyone like nannys to little babys. First, we don't get paid, we report rule breaking strickly according to a specific guildline jagex gave us, only when we observed it and feel like it. We have our rights to play the game like everyone. So no matter how insulting you think it is, we won't report it if it's not defined as rule breaking according to jagex. In fact if we report just because someone is being annoy, that would be irresponsible reporting, and we won't become mods in the first place.

There you have it, I do know why jagex hand pick the mods, because you will be likely to receive 10 times more insults, begs, annoy "noob" questions from being a mod. If you can't even handle that situation, then there will be no hope that you will ever become a mod, and what mods do will never be understood by you.

some mods (mostly like lvl 50 ones) do act like machines and i was saying basically that if people cant handle the attention they might aswell resign, you are probably the first pmod whos posted on this thread who actually deserves to be one lol.

Gratz on 1k posts m4tty.

OT: Mods aren't just some tool to mute people. They're players too y'know.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.