Great Films they are not so "Well Known"

Forceape

What Films do you think are Fantastic! but not up there with the "Well Known" Films....

For me 2 Films spring to mind...

1) Let Him Have it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102288/

I first watched this film in Media Studies for school and then In History, and think its really good, for 4 reasons, 1, it was based and filmed in my old area i used to live in and good to see the Local station, shops etc. 2) Based on a real life story and whatching it knowing that it happend in real life kind of makes you feel for the character more 3) The Actor who played Derek was Brill!

2) Planes, Trains & Automobiles http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093748/

Just because its a very very funny fantastic film! and Steve Martin and

John Candy make a great Double Act

Cul-de-sac is directed by Roman Polanski, but this is a rather unknown movie for the 'common' public. It's like that with a lot of his 'older' work.

Ken Park, not very well known in Europe, don't know about the USA and other countries. I didn't think it was fantastic, it just earns some more credit, IMHO.

Brutti, Sporchi E Cattivi is directed by Ettore Scola, which isn't an unknown director, but the movie earns way more fame, I don't see it happening though. It's too bad that today's youth isn't really interested in foreign language films, old films, black and white films. I don't see why they don't give it a chance. :|

Lost in Translation, by Sofia Copolla, awesome film, I know a lot of people like it, and it's in todays 'top', but there are a lot of people who didn't got the message and misunderstood the movie.

I'll stop now. Be a bit more specific on "well known", please. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Cul-de-sac is directed by Roman Polanski, but this is a rather unknown movie for the 'common' public. It's like that with a lot of his 'older' work.

Ken Park, not very well known in Europe, don't know about the USA and other countries. I didn't think it was fantastic, it just earns some more credit, IMHO.

Brutti, Sporchi E Cattivi is directed by Ettore Scola, which isn't an unknown director, but the movie earns way more fame, I don't see it happening though. It's too bad that today's youth isn't really interested in foreign language films, old films, black and white films. I don't see why they don't give it a chance. :|

Lost in Translation, by Sofia Copolla, awesome film, I know a lot of people like it, and it's in todays 'top', but there are a lot of people who didn't got the message and misunderstood the movie.

I didnt know how to describe it Matey :wink: I meant films that are not Publicised as much as well known films for example Hitch which is nearlly on every single Bus & Telephone boxes in the UK :P

The Goonies is a very good movie, but it is very rarly mentioned.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089218/

A Never Ending Story is a great fanticy story

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271308/

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

All quiet on the western front

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0020629/

made in 1930, banned by hitler during his reign.

I never knew a movie existed until my history teacher showed us the film.

Since its old, few remember... but its still a classic IMO

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

The Goonies is a very good movie, but it is very rarly mentioned.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?id=1800071965&d=hv&cf=info

Dude that's a cult film! :D

A Life Less Ordinary

It's a film with Ewan McGregor and Cameron Diaz, but not very well known. Some of the content and dialogue, in my opinion, is extremely clever and funny.

Batteries Not Included

I don't know how popular this was back in 1987, but I know of hardly anyone now that has seen it.

A group of tenants in an apartment block are being forced to move out so that it can be demolished. The tenants are reluctant to move, so the developers hire a local gang to 'persuade' them to leave. Fortunately, visiting alien mechanical life-forms come to town. When they befriend the tenants, the aliens use their extraterrestrial abilities to defeat the developers.

That makes it sound more lame than it really is. Really, watch the movie.

Short Circuit

Again, I don't know how popular this one was, but I don't know many people who have seen it today.

Number 5 of a group of experimental robots in a lab is electrocuted, suddenly becomes intelligent, and escapes.

It's not got the best acting, but it's a great movie nonetheless.

Short Circuit 2

Sequel to the above, again, not great acting, but it's still a good movie.

Robot Johnny Five comes to the city and gets manipulated by criminals who want him for their own purposes.

Flight of the Navigator

Yet another late 80s sci-fi movie... This one again, doesn't have the best acting, but it's still cool!

In 1978, a boy is moved 8 years into the future and has an adventure with the alien ship that is responsible for that.

Toys

One of Robin Williams' most underrated films. He's the eccentric son of an eccentric toymaker who dies, and leaves his factory in control of his militaristic brother (robin williams' character's uncle).

Fortress

In the not-too-distant future, population laws are in effect. You can only have 1 child. A couple breaks this law, and gets nabbed trying to fool the government. They get put in a supermax prison owned and run by a large corporation.

The acting .. more or less sucks .. but the concept and overall movie is fairly interesting.

There's also a sequel to this one, but it's not quite as good.

Those are all I can think of at the moment, except for The Goonies, which has already been mentioned.

IRKAa.jpg

Office Space, The Big Lebwoski, and The Hebrew Hammer. I wouldn't consider those too well known but I think there some of the bets comedy movies ever.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

Guest GhostRanger
Amedeus is a good move, tis about old germany and the Mozart when he was like 17.

Its about Mozart from about age 17/20 to his death (early 30's) but I wouldn't say its not well known. It won eight Academy Awards in 1984.

I thought u were at ur grandma and grandpa??

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

The magical legend of the leprechauns.

Seriously.

first time i watched the movie: "this movie is freaking awesome! i know i shouldnt like it, and i should have considered it one of the worst movies ever, but i freaking loved it!"

second time i watched the movie: "oh, now i got it. this movie sucks"

but i really did enjoy it a lot the first time through.

Trainspotting a good movie about drug abuse

Requiem for a Dream while we are on drug abuse, another movie about it.

Pi got it in a set with rfad, it is about a mathematician.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb hilarious movie, takes place during the cold war

Kevin Smith this is actually a guy, not a movie. everyone of his movies are awesome though

Kelly's Heroes funny WWII movie.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

My list.

I thought u were at ur grandma and grandpa??

Yea, we planned that. But we couldn't do it that fast, because the room needs to be fixed up, now I'm leaving this Sunday (the 27th), with easter. Our family will have dinner there, and then they leave and I stay. :wink:

And I'd like to add Magnolia, Mighty Aphrodite, Bullets over Broadway, A River Runs Trough It, Gosford Park. That's it for now. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

wyrm - I love batteries not included, all the short circuit films and flight of the navigator :D I loved watching them when I was younger.

indy500fan - trainspotting is indeed a good film

nk6 - snatch is one of my favourite films, i never get bored of watching it.

also the goonies is a brilliant film :P

American History X is one of my favourite films too, although I never hear many people talking about it.

sig2ho7.jpg

American history x was a pretty good movie, but yet it was pretty weird.

A good movie that i saw was...meh cant think of one right now brain is kinda goin blank on me :P ( i can think of a ton, but are pretty well known)

ill just go with

american history x then lol :P

monkey24cv.png

|PERM BANNED ON MONKEY 933|

RSN--44warriorz44-|90 str|86 attack|70 def|85 hp|52 pray|102 cmb

--[Proud leader of Final Destination! http://z6.invisionfree.com/RSFinaldestination/index.php?

Requirements for FD!

Contact (no link) was an awsome movie. Saw it in my science class. Basicly brings religion and science together. very good movie. About how an astronamer finds a signal from space and makes thes plands and stuff. but faith leaders dont go with it. its interesting.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

• 1 month later...