Internet Not Responding

nicrune007

Once in a while..

Anyone of my internet explorer which i open will be not responding..

thus i have to Task Manager > end task it

Well it never happened to My runescape internet browser before

So i posted this because it happened twice recently.

So What do you think the problem may be..

>I using internet explorer 7 ( the one with tabs )

>my computer is ~3months old

Thanks,

Nicrune007

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Edit - Delete this post.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Get firefox...

That still doesn't fix the internet explorer problem. What you suggested I like to call "the band aid effect"

Firefox is good and I suggest using it but if he wants to use internet explorer, and if it doesn't work then he still shouldn't have to switch.

goldenblade995.png

Get firefox...

That still doesn't fix the internet explorer problem. What you suggested I like to call "the band aid effect"

Firefox is good and I suggest using it but if he wants to use internet explorer, and if it doesn't work then he still shouldn't have to switch.

I was joking. (I guess, though a band aid is better than in open wound in most cases :wink: )

Anyway, does it just freeze? It it only on the runescape website? or does it just happen randomly while browsing the internet? Do you have a lot of other apps running when it freezes?

Nicrune008, I suggest you conduct a full security sweep of your computer. It sounds much to me like you got hit by an IE7 vulnerability, and not just some downed server. Dell search page? No way that sounds like a simple server link problem to me.

If such is the case, it is very likely that FireFox won't help much either. Why? Re-routed DNS caused by a virus.

Well, looks like you'd better go get "Eset's NOD32 AntiVirus" and "ZoneAlarm Free" (or better level of ZoneAlarm)... and if you're running ZoneAlarm, it may have been compromised in a way that will require uninstall and reinstall if you do have a virus, because if there is one and it did circumvent the AntiVirus, it definitely damaged critical files that ZoneAlarm needs to function, possibly inclusive of Windows' TCP/IP stack itself.

Heck, worst case? You're looking at a windows reinstall. :(

Well, good luck on getting that one fixed.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Nicrune008, I suggest you conduct a full security sweep of your computer. It sounds much to me like you got hit by an IE7 vulnerability, and not just some downed server. Dell search page? No way that sounds like a simple server link problem to me.

Way to jump to conclusions. Dell machines come bundled with customized error pages, home pages and so on. It's what they do. A virus scan and firewall are always a good idea, but assuming he has a virus because Dell of all people customized the error is just straight up wrong.

Way to jump to conclusions. Dell machines come bundled with customized error pages, home pages and so on. It's what they do. A virus scan and firewall are always a good idea, but assuming he has a virus because Dell of all people customized the error is just straight up wrong.

Thanks for the heads-up then. I didn't know that Dell pulled that crud. No wonder they've got a half-dozen other problems with the PCs they sell.

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Well i got SpyBot S&D and Norton antivirus.. is that go enough?

Because they detected nothing.

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Well i got SpyBot S&D and Norton antivirus.. is that go enough?

Because they detected nothing.

SpyBot S&D = Good ... Use Lavasoft's Ad-Aware for spyware removal along with it, if you're not, just in case. What one doesn't get, the other WILL, in my experience. :)

As for Norton AntiVirus, sadly, it is not enough. :( ... I've had the experience of switching from it to NOD32, and just after the switch, I saw my dad's historical spam quarantine folder (which he keeps in case of spam filter foul-ups) suddenly get carted off to NOD32's Quarantine due to over 200 different viruses still in it, and on the first system-wide scan. (Note: I don't get his kind of heaps of spam, so that's why I am not talking about my own, because it actually showed mine clean of viruses.) Viruses sitting in my dad's spam quarantine which totally slipped past Norton AntiVirus. :shock: ... Thankfully, you can still move the folder item back long enough to use the mail program's delete command to send the viruses to hell, and NOD32 will keep the system safe during it. This allows you to not shatter your mail program's directory tree.

Also, I've had the experience of seeing a running setup of NOD32 kill a couple of totally new viruses. (Literally, no actual definition was needed in catching them, but the Antivirus took the time to note it looked similar to another.) NOD32 has true heuristical detection, as Eset claims. On a similar layout with Norton, however, this virus would have gotten through. Their heuristic detection doesn't work so well. Sadly, with Norton, it takes having the virus definition ahead of time. (We've ended up going to earlier backups of our system due to at least 1 virus getting past Norton.)

So, you will need to switch to Eset's NOD32 for your AntiVirus. Thankfully, Eset has better definition quality and detection quality for less price, both in initial buy and in renewal. Personally, I think you'll be happy afterward. They recently added the ability to detect nasty rootkits, which means if you have that nasty one everyone knows about from Sony, you should be able to rip that out too. Also, NOD32 has far decreased scanning time versus Norton for a full system scan or even just a single file due to its' non-"RAM hogging" scanning system. And finally, if NOD32 shows your PC as clean of viruses/rookits/trojans/malware, you can actually trust it. ::'

Good luck on finding out what is messing up your RuneScape browser and IE7 both. Even if it ain't due to something messing with the DNS, it sounds like the other possibility of 'something getting in via an advertisement exploiting a system hole' may have happened. Which reminds me, you'll want to block off "advert.runescape.com" (Jagex's advert script server, which calls the adverts from websites other than their own) to protect yourself against one of the many possible paths of attack.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Got a problem..

When i open NOD32

and i activate AMON.. the whole computer just hang..

cannot click or anything

Norton antivirus is also running but not scanning

twss.jpg

Got a problem..

When i open NOD32

cannot click or anything

Eh, wait... you're trying to run Norton and NOD32 at the same time? :shock: ... I don't mean this in a rude tone, but apparently you didn't catch what I said about NOD32 clearly enough, so I need to spell this out well...: Norton can not be running while NOD32 is. THEY WILL CONFLICT!!!!!

Put simply, block Norton from starting up at all temporarily, and fully unleash NOD32 against any threats to your PC. NOD32 will not fail to catch any threats if they exist. ::' ... Just one tip, don't let NOD32 disturb Norton's quarantine folders while Norton is down. Other than that, everything should run well.

Good luck, and let me know what happens.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Got a problem..

When i open NOD32

cannot click or anything

Eh, wait... you're trying to run Norton and NOD32 at the same time? :shock: ... I don't mean this in a rude tone, but apparently you didn't catch what I said about NOD32 clearly enough, so I need to spell this out well...: Norton can not be running while NOD32 is. THEY WILL CONFLICT!!!!!

Put simply, block Norton from starting up at all temporarily, and fully unleash NOD32 against any threats to your PC. NOD32 will not fail to catch any threats if they exist. ::' ... Just one tip, don't let NOD32 disturb Norton's quarantine folders while Norton is down. Other than that, everything should run well.

Good luck, and let me know what happens.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

What are you a talking advertisement for NOD32? It's not God's given gift you know.

goldenblade995.png

What are you a talking advertisement for NOD32? It's not God's given gift you know.

Dude... NOD32 has saved the computer I am on from entirely new viruses. Viruses that I wonder if Norton (or anything else) EVER noticed. I'm NOT an advertisement. I'm a living testimonial. Major difference there. :?

~Mr. Devnull

Hmmm i have scanned but the problem still persist..

twss.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Addons. Try disabling them all via Internet Options.

Then one at a time enable them until the problem comes back.

You'll also need a sure fire way to get it to crash first. Tis the only way you can figure out what's doing it.

Other more extreme measures include ending processes in Task Manager or a format. Ok the last one is just to make things easier. It's for lazy people like me. :mrgreen:

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

<*Laughs*> Format? You're crazy. We want to avoid rebuilding from scratch and potentially losing personal documents here. LOL! :lol:

~Mr. Devnull

Nicrune008, this didn't hit me until now, so I'm asking now.

Did your PC start acting weird after a Windows Update? :-s

(I wonder if you got hit by a MicroSoft-ian mistake...)

~Mr. Devnull

~Mr. Devnull

Probably..

Hmm... it was fine when i first bought it ~ 6 months ago

this has been happendining for arounf 3 months so

probably.

Dont you think Nicrune007 sounds nicer? :D

twss.jpg

~Mr. Devnull

Probably..

Hmm... it was fine when i first bought it ~ 6 months ago

this has been happendining for arounf 3 months so

probably.

Dont you think Nicrune007 sounds nicer? :D

I hate to say it, but there is probably nothing we can do about your PC then. Looks like you've been [bleep]-ed by the people that made the OS you use.

Didn't mean to upset you over the name I referred to you by. I just normally talk to people by their forum names here, and not their RSNs.

(I'll admit, though, I did get kinda lucky in finding that the forum nick that matched my RSN just happened to be open. :D ...)

~Mr. Devnull