Skill Calculators & Planners

Thank you for your submission, Splendorous.

I think that 4 extra experience you're seeing from casting that spell is the 4 Crafting xp it gives you. (83 Magic xp + 4 Crafting xp = 87 Overall xp) I hope that clears things up.

If you find this doesn't explain it feel free to post again. If you could provide before-and-after screenshots of your Magic xp when doing so it would be appreciated.

Borei.png

Borei.png

Borei.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok... um for cooking and the burning part. Well at 50 you stop burning trouts.

just letting you know!

[speedyshel edit: Thanks very much for letting us know. This information is more appropriate for the skill guide. I'll pass this information on. Thanks!]

• 3 weeks later...

I've written a sort of charm-reachableLevel calculator (pretty basic type) in C and could use some feedback about it and was wondering if anyone with xp making calculators could take a look at it if I mail it (or any other way i can pass it on)

Basicly what it does:

if you give in your summon-level and the ammount of charms you have, it will tell you what level you can reach with them

(I used the xp-tabel and xp-calculator on tip.it for data)

follow assumptions:

* first using up all gold charms, then green, crimson, blue

* for each type of charm always making the pouch that gives most experience AND has a tradeable second (so no talon beasts, abby charms, obby charms)

* calculations in the program are done level by level

(* for now, it tells what's your end-level and how manny of each charm you got left (because i didn't yet include getting part of a level with one type of charm and the next part with another type))

I would also like feedback of what people think of its usefulness: not everyone makes the most-xp giving pouches (due financial reassons) and sometimes it's better to use some crimsons first before using your golds.

edit: feel free to pm me for more details

There is one thing you could update with the smithing planner. First, add whether or not you are using a sacred clay hammer, morphic or volatile. Second, there is one way to gain exp from smithing while also making money, Buying iron bars and smithing them into knives. It takes longer but you still profit. Please take this into consideration.

~Fiery~

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I would like to inform those involved with calculators that burning Maple Logs yields 135 xp when a Pyrelord Summon is checked in the check box, and not 145 xp. Thanks.

[speedyshel edit: Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I have corrected this. :thumbup:]

When Using Master penance horn, ring fire, and glove flame. The actual Experience for Mage log is 622.5 not 637.9 according to the calculator. I think the whole section of log when using Penance horn + glove flame + ring of fire is incorrect. Maple gives 266 experience not 283.5.

Please do check whether it's a .5 because I am giving the number I see when I burn the log so I don't really keep track of the decimal. Thanks you

[This has been corrected. The bonuses were being added after the XP amount was doubled, so it was adding a few more experience points. Fixed! - Speedyshel

So, I was looking at the Firemaking skill planner for the penance horn, and it says that burning yews yields 202.5 xp. However, I looked at the skill planner for burning regular logs, and ended up with yews also being 202.5 xp... I pushed the tip me button on both sections, and it stayed the same. I also looked at the fm guide, and it said yews are 202.5 xp.

[speedyshel edit: Thanks for pointing this out. I have adjusted this so the Penance horn list correctly adds the appropriate bonuses from the Firemaking equipment when necessary.]

Zaros will rise, the lich shall too

Azzandra the mage, and all other loyal to him

I the lich, shall obliterate the fool

that opposes Zaros' almighty rule

On the Prayer Calculator under the "Gilded Altar" drop down the calculator options say "(Altar)" next to all the bone choices; however it does not say that the calculator is taking into account burners unless of course you do the math of exp*3.5. I think this should be corrected because I thought (Altar) meant only the altar.

[Crew edit: The calculator mentions the conditions at the bottom of the calculator, but I have gone ahead and clarified the dropdown menu title to clarify this. :thumbup: - Speedyshel]

wessan.png

• 2 weeks later...

Post any corrections or additions about our Skill Calculators and Planners,that you feel don't warrant making a new topic, here. Be sure to mention which calculator or planner you are posting about.

Please do not post about the following things, since we're already aware of them:

• Slayer Calculator: we've decided not to make one, since it's pointless.
  • Calculators seeming to have Morphic and Volatile tools switched. They're not, just be sure to click "Tip Me" after selecting a tool and the XP values refresh correctly.

oh hai guys um anyway

in skill calculators (and maybe planners, i diddnt look) under cooking, dairy, it says milk to butter is 38 exp, correction its 40.5 exp i have been making butter from milk for a while and decided to look. it goes from 40, then 41, then 40, and so on... meaning 40.5 exp for milk to butter

Hi Aquateen44,

We appreciate your submission. What you read as being 38 is the required level to make milk into butter. The experience is listed correctly as 40.5. If you do happen to come across anything else that might need to be looked into, please don't hesitate to send me a PM or post again. As I mentioned already, the crew really appreciates your input, so don't hesitate to let us know. :thumbup:

- Speedyshel

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey! First off, welcome to Tip.it!

About the XP, the 87 xp is a combination of 83 magic XP and 4 crafting XP. The counter will say 87 but it's including the 4 crafting XP you're receiving for stringing the jewellery. I hope this helps clear that up. Thanks again for taking the time to submit this, we appreciate users helping us out.

- Speedyshel

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

The cooking calculator and planner both contain several dungeoneering potato entries in the F2P only section.

[Crew Edit: Thanks for the correction! I've fixed this so that they only show up where they should. :thumbup: -TecMaster532]

• 2 weeks later...

Under Gilded Alter (with burners lit) & Ectofuntus options on the prayer calculator it does not have Frost Dragon Bones listed (but it does in P2P).

[Added, thanks. Should show up on the site shortly...~Bogs]

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!