Skill Calculators & Planners

On the quest calculator, it says i sould be able to do "Recipe For Disaster, Saving Lumbridge Guide", yet it doesn't list "Witches House" as being a requirement, and i haven't even started/finished it yet! and i checked many times, and i did not accidentally put down that i finished it.

[Cowman edit: As mentioned here, http://forum.tip.it/topic/244179-all-quest-calculator-feedback-here/ this is a known bug and will sadly have to wait until the next overhaul is implemented. Sorry]

Posted by Wugmaster Vincent Xxalius

final.gif

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

And quiver! This is fun :P!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

double check your prayer experiences, some of your ecto experiences are off, the biggest one is baby dragon bones, it should be 120 xp, not 90. all ecto experience should be 4 times greater than the basic experience.

[speedyshel edit: Thank you very much for the correction! These numbers were correct before, but it seems the errors were introduced when the calculator and planner code was tweaked.]

• 3 weeks later...

The Lunar calculators have not been working for awhile. I would like to know when they will be back up and working?

[speedyshel edit: It was working for me, but it is possible it was a browser-specific error that you had. I fixed what might be causing your error. It can happen if you're using Internet Explorer 6.

Well, changes should appear shortly. Please PM me if you still have a problem accessing the calculators. Thanks again! :)

Firemaking XP Calculator.

I have been training Firemaking a lot in recent days in an attempt to get to 92. I checked with your calculator to see how many logs I should buy to get to 92 while using the ring and gloves from All Fired Up. I bought the amount of logs it said, and started to burn. After a couple of levels, I checked via the calculator again to see if the number of logs I still had left to burn is still the same as in your calc, I was surprised to find that I was a couple logs short. Intrigued I looked into it and have come up with this conclusion.

XP for Maple Logs (with ring and gloves): 135xp * 1.05 = 141.75xp

Your XP for Maple logs (with ring and gloves): 141.8xp

Actual XP for Maple logs (with ring and gloves): 141.7xp

Although I haven't checked with other logs, I assume the same applies. The amount of XP gained (with bonuses) should be round down (or the 2nd Decimal Place discarded).

[Crew edit: Thanks for the submission. The values have been adjusted to truncate one decimal point instead of round up. :thumbup:]

Hi, this is my first ever post so I hope it is worth it :)

With the changes to Runecrafting, the special RC calculator that gives you your profit will need updating.

My suggestion: work out the algorithm so that you know how many of each rune you can craft at any particular level, then factor in an average, and re-quote the profit as "average" profit, with "average" number of runes made being given also. Shouldn't be too tricky! ;)

[Crew: Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll look into this and see what can be adjusted to reflect this.]

• 1 month later...

for some reason, while the new calcs show "exp to level" and "exp gained" fields they do not fill in with any values. I have got the correct name in and it is seeing my starting exp, it is calculating the end exp and level, but these new features (great idea btw) are not functioning.

I've checked on herb, smith and craft calcs so far

[Crew edit: Tritous, we have added a note to the planners to help instruct with this, thanks for pointing it out.]

Creater of QuestRanker

"I hate it when my target's die laughing, makes me think my fly is open or something"

-Me

Try a hard refresh (control f5) to reload the JavaScript file which was updated. If that doesn't work, let me know.

~Cowman

it's working now, maybe i just caught it at a bad time :P

Creater of QuestRanker

"I hate it when my target's die laughing, makes me think my fly is open or something"

-Me

• 3 weeks later...

Ovorette, thanks very much for your submission. I tried to load the table and it loaded fine for me. Did you try refreshing the page or maybe even a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5)? We would be happy to fix this error if it isn't just a one-time glitch you had. :) Let us know :thumbup:

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

Ovorette, thanks very much for your submission. I tried to load the table and it loaded fine for me. Did you try refreshing the page or maybe even a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5)? We would be happy to fix this error if it isn't just a one-time glitch you had. :) Let us know :thumbup:

Works just fine now. Must have been something on my end. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm new to tip.it, but I have visited often for 2 or 3 years.

Ok, I was scanning the woodcutting calculator for the morphioc/volatile tools(handy little buggers), and I noticed the values were backwards.

Apparently, when you click 'morphic' you end up with a lower number of actions than the volatile, and I believe the volatile grants more xp.

I know it's not a big hassle, but it is a minor inconvenience. If you could look into this, that'd be great.

Zaros will rise, the lich shall too

Azzandra the mage, and all other loyal to him

I the lich, shall obliterate the fool

that opposes Zaros' almighty rule

I have seen this and I thought it was backwards for a minute too. But, if you are using Internet Explorer, you need to click "Tip Me" for it to update the values that it displays. Without clicking the "Tip Me" button, it will not recalculate until you've clicked elsewhere and that's why it appears to be backwards. Try clicking the button and let me know if it's still backwards for you. :)

- Speedyshel

c15800d76c.png

Thank you for your post, blackthijs. And welcome to Tip.it. :)

The Hitpoints estimator's true purpose is for players to estimate what their Hitpoint level would be if they reached certain levels in other combat stats.

For example, if you were curious what your approximate HP level would be if you had all 90 combat stats, you could enter 90 for all your stats and then the calculator would estimate what your Hitpoint level may be with those stats. But if you're wanting an exact combat level, it's best to let the calculator pull that from the hiscores list. I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

- Speedyshel

c15800d76c.png

The color coding on the planner is based on your current level; so, if you gain a new ability it will not be reflected.

It will determine if your current level is capable of performing it and color-code it accordingly before you perform the calculation. Thank you for the submission! If you notice anything else, you can PM me or post it here :thumbup:

- Speedyshel

c15800d76c.png

The Tip.it Magick calculators are very unreliable.

The calculators need to be programmed to calculate the basic hit (absolutely missing (no red splats, no blue splats) or hitting zero. You still gain experience for it). Not an average of hits. Not everybody hits the same with the spells, no matter the level/equipment/potions. It's going to be different for everybody. If you do it this way, people are going to have to make more bank runs if they only bring the amount the calculator says (which most people, if not all, will do). If you program it with the basic hit, they'll know the maximum number of runes they'll have to take in order to level up, and fewer bank runs will be made.

The Ultimate Master of Dragons