stupid dissolution....

fmv_hero

when you die, after a short while the items you dropped fall into nothingness. i call this dissolution.

i died and lost alot of stuff at black demons in taverly, i ran to bank to get energy pots and another dusty key, i managed to get back quickly but found nothing where i had died.

being on the german server there was NOBODY around and i dont think broad arrows are tradeable.

ranting about the dissolution time. i think it's stupid how short it is for players items, and alot longer for items you get as a drop from monsters.

you?

1-3.jpg

No, I don't think it's stupid. Why? Just think of all the items there would be in the game! Prices of common goods would soon plumment... Also, the cow paddock in lumbridge would be covered with bones...

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

No, I don't think it's stupid. Why? Just think of all the items there would be in the game! Prices of common goods would soon plumment... Also, the cow paddock in lumbridge would be covered with bones...

the length of it, not it itself.

1-3.jpg

It's pretty fair because if you died and the items stayed longer you could pick them up :o :o :!:

If you die then you prly should lose your items is what i'm saying.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

EASY SOLUTION:-

DON'T DIE.

+1

It's not difficult

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

I just died at Goraks (I lagged and survived, entered the cloud bank, lagged again, and went out. Got hit a 10 and died.) My own fault. But the only way to get there is through a complicated series of teleports. Which is Glory to edgeville, grab dramen staff, fairy ring to Zanaris, and DIR code. I did all this is time to retrive my rockshell platebody and dragon skirt before they dissolved, but I almost missed it. As soon as I clocked to start retreiving my choco bombs, they all dissappeared. Get your agility high if you really expect to protect your valuables at Black Demons.

Still alive, still alive.

OMG! ME TOO!!!

I was in fight pits, and then a demon slashed my nose off!

And I managed to get back in time...

BUT THERE WAS NOTHING THERE!!!

.::Congratulations!::.

I just advanced a spamming level!

Now I need to find a decent Signature.

OMG! ME TOO!!!

I was in fight pits, and then a demon slashed my nose off!

And I managed to get back in time...

BUT THERE WAS NOTHING THERE!!!

Whell, even though this is sarcasm, you don' t have a nose in Rune Scape.

On topic, you have to be a talent to die in Rune Scape since teleporting saves you instantly.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Either talented or have a thirty-second spurt of lag. I should know; that's how the KQ got my dragon boots the other day.

At any rate, if you die it's all your fault. There's teleportation, the ring of life, and bring in what you are only willing to lose. It's hard to die nowadays with those things around, but even so, the time for your items to remain shouldn't change.

You died, you lost them. If you can't get back there fast enough to reclaim them, why complain?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Yeah, it sucks, but then again as Paul said, you're supposed to loose your items when you die. If you get them back, then good for you, but if you don't boo hoo, you died, that was supposed to happen. I have just as much sympathy for you as some PKer who looses his torso and firecape because he gets tangled and killed when he goes back to pick up his non-tradable stuff.

Is this seriously something to complain about?

It's kind of common logic here.

If this weren't to happen every square on the floor of RS would be literred with stuff...

.::Congratulations!::.

I just advanced a spamming level!

Now I need to find a decent Signature.

Oh, come on, he isn't saying that it should take hours before every dropped item disappears. He's making the comparison between getting a monster drop and getting killed.

When you kill a monster/drop an item, it's there for one minute only visible for yourself, and after that it's another minute in which everyone can see it. Making it a total of 2 mins.

However, when you get killed, the items stay on the floor just for 1 minute.

Unless I didn't understand him, he's saying that your items should also stay for 2 minutes on the floor after you get killed.

This signature is intentionally left blank.