The Best Fishing XP for F2P

anim7

Hey guys. This is my second guide of the "The Best" Series. The other one is "The Best Prayer XP without spending a Single Gp".

Basically this guide is going to be about F2P fishing and the method is that used to get THE BEST fishing xp in the free world. This is based on raw xp/hr and not on convenience/etc.

Here we go...

Fishing - One of the most boring skills to raise in RS. It is not slow but it gets boring after a while. That is my opinion. But fishing is the fuel for the PK industry. It is the fuel for 200m cooking xp, and countless 99 cooking lvls. There are many kinds of fishing in RS, but this guide focuses on the F2P aspect of it.

In F2P you can:

Net Fish - This is for low levels. You can catch anchovies, shrimp and stuff like that. not very useful for this guide.

Bait/Fly fish - The Best xp in the game for f2p

Bait fishing in sal[bleep]er - not useful but it exists

Cage/Harpoon - The money makers right here. But dont worry. We are looking for fast xp. Not money.

Fly Fishing

This is indeed the best xp hands up(or is it hands down..i forget :oops: ).

The place for Fly fishing is either barb village, or lumbridge. Personally I like Barb Vlg.

Equipment

You dont really need any equipment except fly fishing rod and feathers. I suggest like 2k feathers. Feathers are 6ea at the Gerrants Shop.

fishingguidepic1.jpg

Recommended Stats

60+ Fishing - This is where the salmon and trout are very attracted to your feathers. Lots of xp per hour here.

The Method

This is what I call powerfishing without runners.

It is like iron powermining except you are doing it with fish.

Put your cursor over the "drop trout" option on the first fish in the sixth row.

fishingguidepic2.jpg

As soon as you see the 3rd fish in the last row, you start dropping the four fish that you caught.

fishingguidepic2.jpg

You are holding the cursor over the option. And then when you see the final fish, you start dropping.

fishingguidepic3.jpg

fishingguidepic5.jpg

The red box represents the fish that are being dropped. The reason is that it is very easy to drop like this. You are already starting with the cursor over the drop on the first fish. You drop, then right click, drop , right click, drop, right click drop, then click on the spot.

fishingguidepic4.jpg

As soon as you drop the final fish, click on the spot and you will start fishing again.

If the spot moves, then you just follow it.

Things to Keep In Mind

Obviously, at lower levels, you get less xp per hour. Don't flame me if you do not get what I get.

You can wear anything you want. Armor, robes, etc. You wont be running or moving anywhere so its cool.

I prefer the barb vlg spots. I dont know why...

There are other methods but not as fast as this.

[hide=Warning]

On average, at 70 fishing, I get 2 trouts and 2 salmon which is equal to 240 xp. I can get that in 12 -14 seconds. Then the dropping takes at most 3-4 seconds.

20 seconds = 240xp

1 min = 720xp

Theoretically you should get 43200xp per hour. But...this is not a perfect world. There are randoms and changing fishing spots...and concentration/motivation. That adds up to a correction factor/hour of 5k xp/hour.

Actual xp per hour is more like 36-38k xp per hour.

Doesnt beat mining's 48k/hour..but it is still very good.

My trials with this:

1 - 36300 xp per hour

2 - 71760 xp per 2 hours or...35800xp per hour

3 - 37000xp per hour

[/hide]

The Other Methods

Alternatively, you may use a runner. Go to world 17 or 68 (pk worlds) and say "free fish" after every load. It might take a while to get a trade but once you get it, you are free to fish more. You can hire a runner also. Just make sure you synchronize your timings to make it work. At 70 fishing, it takes me the same time to fish a load as it does for a runner to get back from bank.

You could bank the fish yourself but that is not good xp.

My Calculations With the Runner Method:

1 - 30,000 xp per hour

2 - 55k xp per two hours

3 - 92k xp per three hours

4 - 27500 xp per hour

5 - 27900 xp per hour

6 - 90k xp per three hours

Runner Pros and Cons:

Pros:

Less strain on the wrist.

You can browse forums or read a book while fishing.

Very convenient

Cons:

Not as fast

Gets boring after a while

Runners might not be loyal

Powerfishing:

Pros:

Great xp/hour

You control the xp per hour. Not the runner.

You can keep your gems, coins...

Cons:

Concentration

Strain on the wrist.

The End

I hope you have enjoyed it. This is the best xp for fishers in f2p. Prove me wrong otherwise :D

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

nice guide. did you test the lobster average xp per hour?

i dont think so...f2p lobster fishing is very hard. It is way too slow.

100% F2P

anim7.png

8/10 Pretty nice guide. I've never heard of that fish and drop method. Gotta test it. :D

by all means...go for it. And if you want, post the xp per hour you get at your level.

100% F2P

anim7.png

Sorry, but I don't agree with the fish-4-drop-4 method. I always fish and drop full bags, because in the meantime you can do other things, just browsing the internet, etc.

Always dropping 4 will get SO boring.

i believe I addressed that issue. It is boring and it is hard on the wrist but it is the BEST xp/hr in f2p. That is what this guide is about.

You can sacrifice a little bit of that to browse internet, but dropping 26 fish takes about 40 seconds for me. Plus I make mistakes. Dropping the 4 four fish that are mentioned in this guide, takes me 2 seconds on average.

Everyone has their own methods. I cannot spend much time playing rs (1-2 hours at most in one sitting) so for me I want to pack that hour with as much xp as possible. You could almost say that I "no-lyfe" for one hour to get lots of xp and then logout till the next day.

It all boils down to those pros and cons of each method. Do you want to get 25% more xp or surf the web?

100% F2P

anim7.png

Sorry, but I don't agree with the fish-4-drop-4 method. I always fish and drop full bags, because in the meantime you can do other things, just browsing the internet, etc.

Always dropping 4 will get SO boring.

i believe I addressed that issue. It is boring and it is hard on the wrist but it is the BEST xp/hr in f2p. That is what this guide is about.

You can sacrifice a little bit of that to browse internet, but dropping 26 fish takes about 40 seconds for me. Plus I make mistakes. Dropping the 4 four fish that are mentioned in this guide, takes me 2 seconds on average.

Everyone has their own methods. I cannot spend much time playing rs (1-2 hours at most in one sitting) so for me I want to pack that hour with as much xp as possible. You could almost say that I "no-lyfe" for one hour to get lots of xp and then logout till the next day.

It all boils down to those pros and cons of each method. Do you want to get 25% more xp or surf the web?

Fair enough.

What I didn't say yet, well written guide, and very clear.

Nice guide!

9/10

Also how often do u get runners?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Nice guide!

9/10

Also how often do u get runners?

You have to realize..it is a f2p world. Getting reliable people is very difficult. Most run fish twice and then call me a noob for not "paying" them even though they get free loads of fish. Then there are others who need like 15 fish instead of the 26 that I have. On the rare occasion you have a pker with 28 spaces and needs food.

They say "phr33 f00d pl0x!" and the fisherman makes the trade.

On the super rare occasion you have someone who wants to run fish just like w16 airs. These are the people that you try look for.

The other sensible suggestion is to go to worlds 1,3,4, 17, 68 (pk worlds) and start fishing. It is a pk magnet which attracts countless range/2h'ers and str pures. They sometimes want a whole load of food.

Overall, getting a runner is hard. But once you find someone reliable, it is an easy 30k/hr xp. Till then if you want impromptu runners, then the xp/hour goes down to 23-25k.

100% F2P

anim7.png

Nice guide :XD: F2P FTW!

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

Nice guide, but that dropping part is kinda confusing.

I'm powerfishing in barb village too (f2p), am lvl 93 atm and going for 99! \' .

At this point your theory is kinda true. I had days getting 42k exp per hour ;)

I have to admit this guide doesn't help me cause i've done many methods of fishing and I know all, and i'm trained dropper lol

But hey, it's very nice guide for ppl who don't know how to raise fishing!

8/10

Aumor

Nice guide, but that dropping part is kinda confusing.

I'm powerfishing in barb village too (f2p), am lvl 93 atm and going for 99! \' .

At this point your theory is kinda true. I had days getting 42k exp per hour ;)

I have to admit this guide doesn't help me cause i've done many methods of fishing and I know all, and i'm trained dropper lol

But hey, it's very nice guide for ppl who don't know how to raise fishing!

8/10

Aumor

ok I will try to clear it up. Basically you drop those 4 fish as soon as you get them and click on the spot again.

gratz on 93 fishing. gl on 99.

100% F2P

anim7.png

• 2 months later...