Battlefield 2 (PC) - Tip.it Server

woopidoo2

I am playing Battlefield 2 for a while now, and I was thinking about making a server which has Tip.it people only. :o

I will be hosting it with the ultimate gamer tool, Hamachi. (You can download it here.) This way we prevent others to come in, to keep it 100% Tip.it.

Now I need enough people to join, and I dont know how many of you play Battlefield 2. (not the Modern Combat one)

If there is enough interest (max 16 people) I will get this off the ground, and we can realise this. :)

So post here if you want to join a Battlefield 2 Tip.it server, to play this great game with people you know from Tip.it.

I will PM the password if we have about 10 people, so dont worry about that.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

I love BF2, it's my number one played game. Count me in!

Although, the lag would affect gameplay a lot IMO because not everyone is from the same country.

Anyway, could you make it an Infantry only server? Would be great. :)

Just infantry, so no helis?

And what about the tanks, not sure if I can in/exclude those.

Ive got a PM from someone and his roommate, so we're at 3 right now! keep it up :)

carsignatureis3.jpg

If you can't play vehicles servers, go play counter strike or some IO game :uhh:

16 player max, unranked, io... eh... not interested.

I love BF2, it's my number one played game. Count me in!

Although, the lag would affect gameplay a lot IMO because not everyone is from the same country.

Just infantry, so no helis?

And what about the tanks, not sure if I can in/exclude those.

Ive got a PM from someone and his roommate, so we're at 3 right now! keep it up :)

Maybe make it vehicles for a while, then if everybody is up for it, make it IO. Up to you really, just a suggestion.

If you can't play vehicles servers, go play counter strike or some IO game :uhh:

16 player max, unranked, io... eh... not interested.

Theres plenty of Inf. only servers (E.G: Internode) out there so i'm not the only one who is like this. But if you guys really want vehicles then fine, it was just a suggestion. A variety doesn't hurt sometimes.

And for your information, I did play CS.

Is it all maps? I'll play as long as it's not IO. If we get more players can we expand the limit from 16 players? I can't play BF2 atm but I might be able to soon.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Is it all maps? I'll play as long as it's not IO. If we get more players can we expand the limit from 16 players? I can't play BF2 atm but I might be able to soon.

What he said

Bf2 name: Bungfritz

Wondering what to do with life .....

Theres plenty of Inf. only servers (E.G: Internode) out there so i'm not the only one who is like this. But if you guys really want vehicles then fine, it was just a suggestion. A variety doesn't hurt sometimes.

IO tends to result in people 'nade spamming or claymore whoring. Either way it's just a bastardized version of the real game.

anyhow - can we PLEASE do 20 on 32p maps? I hate tiny maps.

IO tends to result in people 'nade spamming or claymore whoring. Either way it's just a bastardized version of the real game.

I wish we could, but Hamachi goes upto 16 players max. And we are not close to the 16 player limit at all, maybe there are too less Tip.it users who play BF2.

About the IO, we have to see what happens if we just put vehicles in it. If it gets unfair or makes players leave, then we change it. Mind you, we cant satisfy everyone when we play with 10+ players.

carsignatureis3.jpg

Furir Berg anmÃÆÃâÃâäler sig fÃÆÃâÃâör tjÃÆÃâÃâänstgÃÆÃâÃâöring!

Sergant Berg reporting for duty!

(Pretty funny, the Swedish Sergant is the American Staff Sergant..)

Can we please play some mods too?

tifsbti6oi.gif

I wish we could, but Hamachi goes upto 16 players max. And we are not close to the 16 player limit at all, maybe there are too less Tip.it users who play BF2.
So 16p on 32p maps then, either way try to avoid using 16p maps, they're pretty lame, except for Karkand and Mashy.

About the IO, we have to see what happens if we just put vehicles in it. If it gets unfair or makes players leave, then we change it. Mind you, we cant satisfy everyone when we play with 10+ players.
If you want IO you severly limit the maps you can play effectively (basically urban only); if people prefer to play on foot - either get good at AT or get good at staying out of the way of vehicles ;)

By the way rick, iv'e tried to talk with you on Xfire and ingame. But you never write back.

What's up with that?

i dunno either really. i've seen one msg from you, and that was after i got back from work and you were offline.

my xfire has been really pita lately. I can't bring up the main window ingame anymore, etc. chat's don't popup when people start tthem, or even show up after i leave a game. i'm thinking i might need to reinstal it or something.

short answer, if you want definate contact with me while i'm playing - join AUS then talk to me on TS :P

And we are not close to the 16 player limit at all, maybe there are too less Tip.it users who play BF2.

Yeah I don't really see to many people talking about BF2 here, it's a shame really.

Yeah I agree about the nade spamming bit, you get the occasional people on Karkand at the start of the game throwing them everywhere till the Americans cap.

Question: for this game, does it need a really fast comp to play? My laptop has a geforce card, 2 gigs of ram and a 1.8 ghz c2d - is that enough to play in low settings?

Another ?: my internet is 950 kbps, that's not enough is it?

Sounds enough to me.

By the way, make sure you got the 1.41 patch and the PoE2 modification, it makes the game so much more fun!(and realistic)

Battlefield 2 1.41 patch

Point of Existence2 mod

(I recommend you europeans to take the Battle.No mirror, it's insanely fast!)

tifsbti6oi.gif