2 gigs?!?!

Hulk12

Yeah, I just noticed that. I agree2 gigs an account is a lot, but hey can't complain.

-masuma

tifsbti6oi.gif

Woah, I never knew Tip.It had that sig. I'll keep it since it's cool (and to make people wonder what was in my sig).

omg ppl are complaining because they get heaps of email space :?: :!: :?: :!:

omg whats wrong wit this world complain if theres not enough then complain if theres 2 much arhhhh

:D :D :D

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

It's just a marketing thing. Not even one percent of all users will ever reach 1 gigabyte, so they can promise a lot of space without any problems.

Well then, if another company wants to mess google up, then all they need do is get ll their friends to create accounts, then tell them all to send each as many emails as they can, each of the largest size possible. I wouldn't do it, but I did do that at school once, to rebel against their ridiculous space allowance. Every time I logged on, I'd create an Excel spreadsheet with "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy" coppied and pasted into all cells (several times, mind) down to (IV,65536), or whatever the maxima are. Then I'd copy this document a load of times, do whatever work I had to do on the computer, then go away.

Needless to say, it achieved nothing, :)

Well then, if another company wants to mess google up, then all they need do is get ll their friends to create accounts, then tell them all to send each as many emails as they can, each of the largest size possible. I wouldn't do it, but I did do that at school once, to rebel against their ridiculous space allowance. Every time I logged on, I'd create an Excel spreadsheet with "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy" coppied and pasted into all cells (several times, mind) down to (IV,65536), or whatever the maxima are. Then I'd copy this document a load of times, do whatever work I had to do on the computer, then go away.

Needless to say, it achieved nothing, :)

firstly why the hell would another company try and stuff them up by sending alot of email :?

secondly they wouldn't bother because they would have to create lots of accounts and couldn't be bothered

thirdly google could just stop them

fourthly thats the worst idea ive ever heard why use heaps of excel documents theres lots of easier things then that and it would take a while to upload it all

fifthly google could easily handle it they must have 100's of terabytes of space!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

fifthly google could easily handle it they must have 100's of terabytes of space!!

I'm sure google has many petrabytes of space :wink:

I'm trying to figure out something... My friend told me you can use gmail as a sort of "external hard-drive". When you have a 12gb hard drive, this may be useful :wink:

If anybody knows how to do that, let me know :wink:

I'm sure google has many petrabytes of space :wink:

I'm trying to figure out something... My friend told me you can use gmail as a sort of "external hard-drive". When you have a 12gb hard drive, this may be useful :wink:

If anybody knows how to do that, let me know :wink:

easy, save files as attachtments for emails you send to yourself then archive them. me i have 150gb hd so.... no difference, just when sending big emails :)

I'm not complaing I'm just asking who needs 2 gigs of space? And don't you thing 2 gigs is a bit overkill?
Large attachments.

Although..I totally have five emails with no attachments in my account. And I now have 2051 MB. It doesn't seem to have stopped yet.

• 13 years later...

Gmail has upped to 2 gigs. Now really.... Who in the world needs 2 gigs in an email account?

Oh how times have changed....!

This takes me back.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002