Your guide to posting in Off-Topic!

Lionheart_0

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never attack the person behind the post, if you oppose his/her ideas, post it. But an argument towards another person's personality, gender, age, nationality etc. is the dumbest thing to do in a debate.

(Unless it's clear the person is just troll-baiting or being an all-around moron by spamming all the time, making irrelevant posts, insulting others constantly etc)

I think we should add religion to that list, as that gets abused a lot around here.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

• 1 month later...
Never attack the person behind the post, if you oppose his/her ideas, post it. But an argument towards another person's personality, gender, age, nationality etc. is the dumbest thing to do in a debate.

(Unless it's clear the person is just troll-baiting or being an all-around moron by spamming all the time, making irrelevant posts, insulting others constantly etc)

I think we should add religion to that list, as that gets abused a lot around here.

Attacking other ideas and beliefs (i.e. religion, non-religion, etc) should be fully encouraged in any healthy debate. Shielding specific views from potential criticism is not a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Attacking other ideas and beliefs (i.e. religion, non-religion, etc) should be fully encouraged in any healthy debate. Shielding specific views from potential criticism is not a good idea.

Agreed, I think Bluelancer was just talking about our personal ascribed statuses which we cannot help. Not our opinions - those are free game ;) (when it's relevant of course).

• 1 month later...

If at all possible, could we PLEASE put it into writing that the "moral/logical dilemma" threads are to be considered as spam? All they really do is present a random hypothetical said in such a way that it makes people feel bad no matter what way they land. All they really do is clog up the forum from doing the things that it's designed to do. Sound fair? If they want to do this, put it in Forum Games or something. If I look at a topic, I want to see something legitimate to discuss, not some random pointless hypothetical. :evil:

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Sadly a new wave is begging to start again. Just look on page 1.

From the day we arrive on the forum

And, blinking, step into the threads

There's more to see than can ever be seen

More to do than can ever be done

There's far too much to take in here

More to find than can ever be found

But the text rolling high

Through the sapphire skins

Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Circle of Strife

And it moves us all

Through despair and trolls

Through idiots and memes

Till we find our place

On the path unwinding

In the Circle

The Circle of Strife

It's The Circle of Strife

And it moves us all

Through despair and trolls

Through idiots and memes

Till we find our place

On the path unwinding

In the Circle

The Circle of Strife

• 9 months later...

You bumped a thread that hasn't seen a post in about nine months? :P

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.