Your guide to posting in Off-Topic!

Lionheart_0

I'd have to admit it, it's quite boring to read. Try to write it using shorter sentences, shorter paragraphs. Use parataxes instead of hypotaxes.

You might as well try to write it this way:

• [*:1rme77r2]In points.

[*:1rme77r2]Because it's easier to read.

[*:1rme77r2]It's easier to get your point across.

[*:1rme77r2]It's less boring.

Hmmkay?

Oh, by the way, the content itself was actually bright. Too bad that (most) of the readers won't need it, and the people who need it won't read it. Worth the try, anyway, I guess.

• [*:1rme77r2]Points are too short

[*:1rme77r2]Points are boring

[*:1rme77r2]Points are too short

[*:1rme77r2]Making this list was boring

That is, my friend, is just me pointing out the flaws with making points for this kind of thing. Those points may SOUND rude, but thats because they are points, and I cannot get my point across without elaborating, which point form cannot do. And thus a paragraph/essay like topic was needed.

Good criticism, but in the long run will not work.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I just realised I just told you: "look, 1+1 is not equal 2... 1+1=2!".

Forget this.

But 1+1 does not equal two, It equals a window :cry:

Did you edit your post or something?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

whatever everybody knows canadians don't believe in rules

I think you've gotten mixed up with the New Zealander's. :P :anxious:

Add to it a bit on trivial News articles Lionheart, and how no-one could care less about them being posted.

THERE ARE TO MANY STICKYS

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Wow you have to roll your finger one more click over the scroll wheel of your mouse to go down the page. Big Deal! :roll:

Wow you have to roll your finger one more click over the scroll wheel of your mouse to go down the page. Big Deal! :roll:

You are correct! It is a big deal.

This thread deserves a:

bumpbusxm2.gif

Also, Lion, make this guide a little more complete...Maybe with an example. I never thought I'd say this but check the Forum Guides section (your eyes may burn from the RS graphics but still).

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

The people this post is directed at will just ignore it. The rest of us already follow our own guidelines thats why it would be pointless to sticky.

got to agree on that, its nice ideas and all that but if folks don't already know all that a sticky isn't going to suddenly change their ways.

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

This thread deserves a:

bumpbusxm2.gif

Also, Lion, make this guide a little more complete...Maybe with an example. I never thought I'd say this but check the Forum Guides section (your eyes may burn from the RS graphics but still).

LMAO! :XD:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

The only people who read this will be people who don't need to read it... Wow, thats probably the 4th or 5th time someones said thats.... #-o

Anyways, 6 dead babies out of 10 for the video, it was pretty funny.. :)

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Never attack the person behind the post, if you oppose his/her ideas, post it. But an argument towards another person's personality, gender, age, nationality etc. is the dumbest thing to do in a debate.

(Unless it's clear the person is just troll-baiting or being an all-around moron by spamming all the time, making irrelevant posts, insulting others constantly etc)

I erased the piece of crap I wrote here like 1 year ago and have this new gem instead:

It doesn't matter what you do, what you say, or how much you try to please others, they are never happy. You follow the rules, and follow what everyone else wants, people just exploit you even further. If by the end of saying the truth about how you feel, everyone is pissed, it means you've got this "life" thing right.

2480+ total

• 9 months later...

If the right people read it, they would learn... Or turn their monitor off and Alt-F4. :lol:

The point is to show whats acceptable really, and it does not give you the right to say "This sucks." It is very well written, and I think that everyone should read this.

It's like having a condom available in stores, without teaching people how to use it.

No training needed! There are instructions in/on the box! :o

Haha nice guide Aaron. Though I will continue to feed the trolls, and you will continue to clean up the mess. That is until I see a picture of you in that maid outfit ;-)

• 2 weeks later...