(iiii) How do I get there?

Chapter 2

(i) What should I bring?

(ii) Tactics on killing the brothers

(iii) An example of 50 runs

(iiii) How to get the puzzles right

(iiiii) Credits

Chapter 1

[hide=(i) What is barrows?]Barrows is a minigame which I myself will mark as Dangerous, you will be digging into the tombs of some ancient warriors, and when trying to search their mounds a ghost of each warrior will appear and attack you. Except for one of the mounds where there is a hidden tunnel. In the tunnel there is a chance the last brother will spawn when opening doors (if you miss other brothers they might spawn by opening doors aswell) If you can't find the last brother he will spawn if you open chest.[/hide]

[hide=(ii) Why Barrows?]This question I have come across several times, people ask me, why not steel/iron dragons? or slayer creatures?. The answer to that question is pretty simple, when fighting Iron/steel dragons the chances of getting a rare item (Dragon medium helm, Dragon plateskirt, Dragon platelegs, Draconic visage) are a bit lower, even though the items dropped both places have a pretty similar value (except for draconic visage) It is true the most valuable item at barrows is "only" 4,5-5m (Guthan's Spear) but the chances of getting it is the same as getting Dragon platelegs, and a lot higher than getting Draconic Visage![/hide]

[hide=(iii) What are requirements?]The requirements are atleast:

43 prayer (Anything below 43 prayer will end up as sucide, 55+ prayer if you only want to carry one prayer potion.

1 defence (Atleast 60 defence is recommended, it can't be done efficient without).

35 magic, 50 or higher is recommended, or else it will become inefficient.

40 range, 60 or higher is recommended, or else you will be wasting prayer potions.

90-99 attack If you wish to melee all the brothers, 75-80 attack if you wish to melee Karil (the ranger).

Quest requirements: You have to have completed the Priest in Peril quest and atleast have started the Nature Spirit quest.

It is however recommended that you do the In Search of Myreque quest, which is explained a little later.[/hide]

[hide=(iiii) How do I get there?]Below is a picture of getting to the minigame, I have credited it below in credits.

The red route can only be used if you have done In Search Of The Myreque quest, it is also the recommended route since it will save you both food and time!, remember the more you can save the more you can earn.

The green route which is the alternative to getting to barrows can be used by everyone, however it is not recommended as you will lose more food and getting there will take a lot longer time (about twice the time as the green route)

barrowsmap2bc5.jpg[/hide]

Chapter 2

[hide=(i)What should I bring?]There is an expensive recommended setup, a recommended setup, high level melee setup, and a minimalist setup. All setups will be shown on pictures below.

[hide=The expensive recommended setup]2001207492005547186_rs.jpg[/hide]

[hide=The recommended setup]2001286101599554228_rs.jpg[/hide]

[hide=The high level melee setup]2001249185805383699_rs.jpg[/hide]

[hide=The minimalist setup]2001234108100682221_rs.jpg[/hide]

Helms: Verac's helm or Rune full helm & Archer Helm (these items will be swapped when fighting other brothers, details in tactics section)

Amulet: Fury>Glory amulet (this item is always worn)

Ring: Ring of life is recommended (Since Ring of wealth has no effect of items recieved in chest) (this item is always worn)

Plate: Verac's brassard>Rune platebody & Karil's leathertop>dragonhide body (nothing lower than blue recommended) (these items will be swapped when fighting other brothers, details in tactics section)

Legs: Verac's plateskirt>Rune platelegs & Karil's leatherskirt>dragonhide chaps (nothing lower than blue recommended) (these items will be swapped when fighting other brothers, details in tactics section)

Boots: Wizard boots or Mystic boots (these are always worn)

Gloves: Best you can get from Recipe for disaster or Chaos gauntlets if you are using Fire bolt spell. (these are always worn)

Weapons:

Meleeing:

Godsword>Veracs flail (including full set) & (Dragon Dagger p++)

Using magic and range

Magic shortbow, Karils crossbow or Rune crossbow.

Slayer staff, Ancient staff or another magic staff. All depending of which spells you intend to cast.

(Slayer dart is pretty popular since you often get Death and Mind runes from the chest.) (these items will be swapped when fighting other brothers, details in tactics section)

Ranged ammo: Use atleast 200 of the best ammo you can get your hands on preferably nothing higher than rune and nothing lower than mithril, if you use Karil's crossbow bring Bolt Racks. (this item is always worn)

Shield slot: Rune kite shield, (Rune defender, Prayer book) (this item will be swapped when fighting other brothers, details in tactics section)

Misc: Emergancy Tele tablet or Runes to teleport out (Camelot teleport recommended because it takes up less space. Spade, you will have to remember a Spade or else you will be unable to get into their mounds.

Potions and food: It is shown on picture, you should experiment with it and find out whats the best for you.[/hide]

[hide=(ii) Tactics on killing the brothers]The way of killing the brothers is fatal, it will decide if you can do it efficient and if you will live or die, and I'm not kidding don't ever be too confident if just one of the brothers become lucky you will end up in Lumbridge!

Remember your prayer will be drained 10 points every 15 seconds!

[hide=High level melee setup]

First brother: (Dharok) Wear your full Veracs, by now you should drink a dose of super attack potion, and super strenght potion. Dig at the spot where Dharok is burried (shown on map below tactics on the brothers), before searching Dharok's mound turn on 'Protect from Melee' prayer and keep it turned on as he is the most dangerous of all brothers, since he can hit 60+ when at low hitpoints, It doesn't matter if your lvl 85 or lvl 126 Keep the prayer on unless you have a deathwish. If Dharok however is your tunnel brother skip to next brother. (If you have less than 1 Prayer potion (3), it is suggested that you leave barrows and return to kill him, since you are not wearing any magic/range equipment for killing him behind a safespot.

Second brother: (Ahrim) Wear your No armor (or as little of Verac's you can) along with a Dragon dagger (p++) which you use specials then switch to whip and finish him off, watch your health as he will be hitting fairly hard, I recommend using prayer on him.

Third brother: (Verac) Wear full veracs, eat if you get below 40hp since his set effect gives him a chance of hitting through your armor so watch your hp and be ready to heal.

Fourth brother: (Karil) Wear Guthan's platebody, helm and legs with rune defender and use Dragon dagger (p++) specials and then finish him off with whip. Use the remaining part of your prayer on him, you should be able to fight him without prayer if you get him as tunnel brother, just remember to eat so you don't go below 35hp.

Fifth brother: (Guthan) Wear your Veracs, and drink a dose of Super attack potion. Dig into Guthan's mound, search the mound and attack him, even though he is usually easy be ready to heal if you get below 40!

Sixth brother: (Torag) Wear your Veracs, drink a dose of Super attack potion. Dig into Torag's mound, search the mound and attack him, same with Guthan he usually doesn't do much damage but he can get lucky, so be ready to heal if you fall below 35![/hide][/hide][hide=Minimalist setup]First brother (Dharok): Wear your Archer helm, and your staff. Dig at the spot where Dharok is burried (shown on map below tactics on the brothers), before searching Dharok's mound turn on 'Protect from Melee' prayer and keep it turned on as he is the most dangerous of all brothers, since he can hit 60+ when at low hitpoints, It doesn't matter if your lvl 85 or lvl 126 Keep the prayer on unless you have a deathwish. If Dharok however is your tunnel brother skip to next brother. (If you have less than 1 Prayer potion (3), you will have to try to get him in a room with a safespot, the safespots are shown in the picture at the bottom)

Second brother (Karil): Wear your Archer helm, and your staff. Dig at the spot where Karil is burried, turn on 'Protect from range' before searching the mound, as he is the second strongest since he hits fast and often, and sometimes really hard. (If this is your tunnel brother and you have less than 1 Prayer potion (3) you should teleport out and return with new supplies, he is not recommended to be fought without prayer.

Third brother (Verac): Wear full rune armor including rune kite and your staff, your magic bonus will be lowered, but you will still hit him though the chances will be lowered slightly. Before searching Verac's mound turn on 'Protect from melee' prayer, he set effect gives him a chance of hitting through prayer so watch your hp and be ready to heal, praying against melee lowers his hits though!

Fourth brother (Ahrim): Wear your range equipment (Dhide armor or Karils) and equip your bow, before searching the mound Turn on 'Protect from magic' prayer, he should be fairly easy (it is possible to fight him without prayer, but you will have to atleast have Black dragonhide)

Fifth brother (Guthan): Wear your full rune armor including rune kite and your staff. Dig into Guthan's mound, search the mound and attack him, I recommend to not use prayer on Guthan, but watch your health and eat a shark if you get below 40 hitpoints, remember this guy may reheal off you when your fighting him!

Sixth brother (Torag): Wear your full rune armor including rune kite and your staff. Dig into Torag's mound, search the mound and attack him, I recommend to not use prayer on Torag, but watch your health since this guy can get lucky and eat a shark if you get below 40 hitpoints, this brother has no real set effect of importance, he can just lower your energy.[/hide][hide=Recommended and Recommended expensive]The reason for the expensive version is that you will kill the brothers a lot faster but you will use two blood runes each cast, so it can become inefficient.

The way of killing the brothers is fatal, it will decide if you can do it efficient and if you will live or die, and I'm not kidding don't ever be too confident if just one of the brothers become lucky you will end up in Lumbridge!

Remember your prayer will be drained 10 points every 15 seconds!

First brother (Dharok): Wear your Archer helm, your staff and Prayer book (if you have). Dig at the spot where Dharok is burried (shown on map below tactics on the brothers), before searching Dharok's mound turn on 'Protect from Melee' prayer and keep it turned on as he is the most dangerous of all brothers, since he can hit 60+ when at low hitpoints, It doesn't matter if your lvl 85 or lvl 126 Keep the prayer on unless you have a deathwish. If Dharok however is your tunnel brother skip to next brother. (If you have less than 1 Prayer potion (3) and you get him in tunnel, you will have to try to get him in a room with a safespot, the safespots are shown in the picture at the bottom)

Second brother (Karil): Wear your Verac's brassard, plateskirt and helm along with your rune defender and Dragon dagger (p++), before you dig drink a dose of attack potion. Dig at the spot where Karil is burried, turn on 'Protect from range' before searching the mound, now enjoy your specials, when your done with using specials change to whip and finish him off. If you get him in tunnel there is two options:

Option 1: If you haven't use any prayer doses, then you can fight him in tunnels with your prayer.

Option 2: If you are without prayer doses you can either run back and fill up supplies, or you can fight him without prayer (remember to use super attack potion)

Third brother (Verac): Wear Verac's helm, Brassard, plateskirt, your staff (and prayer book if you have) I recommend fighting Verac without prayer since you will end up making more gold pieces in the end. Be ready to heal as he can hit through your armor. Never let your hp drop below 40.

Fourth brother (Ahrim): Wear your range equipment (Dhide armor or Karils) and equip your bow, you should not use prayer on him, just be ready. Never let your hp drop below 40.

Fifth brother: Wear Verac's helm, Verac's Brassard and Verac's plateskirt Dig into Guthan's mound, search the mound and attack him, I recommend to not use prayer on Guthan, but watch your health and eat a shark if you get below 40 hitpoints, remember this guy may reheal off you when your fighting him!

Sixth brother: Wear Verac's helm, plateskirt, brassard, your staff (and a prayer book). Dig into Torag's mound, search the mound and attack. Watch your health since this guy can get lucky, eat a shark if you get below 40 hitpoints, this brother has no real set effect of importance, he can just lower your energy.[/hide]

Here is a picture of the barrows maze, including safespots which can be used. Credits are at bottom.

2001609568406015538_rs.jpg

Picture of the location of the brothers, this picture is not my own credits are at bottom.

brotherslocation2vl2.jpg

[hide=(iii) An example of 50 runs]Run 1. Runes and Bolt racks

Run 2. Runes and Ahrim's skirt

Run 3. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 4. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 5. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 6. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 7. Runes and Bolt racks

Run 8. Runes and Hold

Run 9. Runes, Gold and Dharok's Plate

Run 10. Runes and Gold

Run 11. Runes and Gold

Run 12. Runes and Gold

Run 13. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 14. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 15. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 16. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 17. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 18. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 19. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 20. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 21. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 22. Runes and Bolt racks

Run 23. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 24. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 25. Runes and Gold

Run 26. Runes and Gold

Run 27. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 28. Runes and Gold

Run 29. Runes, Gold, Bolt racks and Half key

Run 30. Runes, Gold and Dharok's helm

Run 31. Runes and Gold

Run 32. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 33. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 34. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 35. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 36. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 37. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 38. Runes and Bolt racks

Run 39. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 40. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 41. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 42. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 43. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 44. Runes, Bolt racks and Ahrim's Skirt

Run 45. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 46. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 47. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 48. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 49. Runes, Gold and Bolt racks

Run 50. Runes, Gold, Bolt racks and Dragon Medium helm[/hide]

[hide=(iiii) How to get puzzles right]Here I will shortly show you how you can get those annoying barrows puzzles right everytime. The correct answers are shown by screenshots below.

2004028131458749573_rs.jpg2004072503329720737_rs.jpg2004005851921698981_rs.jpg2004049438172280257_rs.jpg[/hide]

[hide=(iiiii) Credits]Pictures: http://www.runescape.com

Quest guides: http://www.tip.it[/hide]

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

nice runs :) i have a cool barrow calc/log in my sig click on it to get a link so u can download

i think it would be better if u use hide quotes

[hide=NAME]

Use This :o

[/hide]

[hide=NAME]

[/hide]

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

OK...but get your own pics...This is jus some info compiled up in less ten 10 min, then stole some pics off the tip.it site. Althuogh you credited them abiove each pic, ALWAYS CREDIT AT BOTTOM!

4/10

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

OK...but get your own pics...This is jus some info compiled up in less ten 10 min, then stole some pics off the tip.it site. Althuogh you credited them abiove each pic, ALWAYS CREDIT AT BOTTOM!

4/10

Considering I've been working on this guide several hours just the writing your 10 minutes are really long!

Besides that, your comment is appreciated but worthless, a lot of typos and I can't really use your comment to anything, I would like constructive critisism, yours is just critisism nothing else. There is no suggestions nothing.

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

Idk if this happens with anyone else:

[hide=click me]I find this way too annoying.[/hide]

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

4-5/10

Your mage setup....you arent using anything on your top and bottom, so you can get owned pretty easy, second why using zammy flames on barrows even if it is strong, it doesnt worth it, better use ancient magicks

Learn to crop kai? since your pics are full slow pcs can blow or something #-o

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

4-5/10

Your mage setup....you arent using anything on your top and bottom, so you can get owned pretty easy, second why using zammy flames on barrows even if it is strong, it doesnt worth it, better use ancient magicks

Please read my guide again (to the place where there is tactics, should be something about using melee armor on melee brothers!)

Besides it did say "expensive option". Why does players buy Phats? simply answer because they can afford it!

And if you had even read to the tactics part it says put on armor against Melee brothers where you don't use prayer!

Last time I checked pics they worked :-k, and they still do :-s you sure it's not your computer?

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's better to use some sort of mage armor, such as Ahrims/Mystic/Ghostly. Hell, even Zammy Robes are better than nothing.

And when using Magic Dart, you can wield that Veracs that's in your inventory for a prayer boost with little negative side affect to your hits.

Also, I find Monkfish just as useful as Sharks, but for 1/3rd the cost.

Oh, and when doing a run, there's no need to bring 1.6k Mith, better to have about 100, to minimize any losses, if it comes to that.

Unholy Book is better than a Holy one, for the mage attack increase.

And why bring both a Defender AND an Obby Shield? Better to pick one or the other.

[Edit] And where is your emergency Telly Tablet/Ectophial? I've had to leave in a hurry before, and running doesn't work in the tunnels, as the brothers spawn at every door if you're unlucky enough to have him before the chest when trying to escape.

4/10.

I hope I wasn't too hard on you.

nvm this post

my bad

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

4-5/10

Please read my guide again (to the place where there is tactics, should be something about using melee armor on melee brothers!)

Besides it did say "expensive option". Why does players buy Phats? simply answer because they can afford it!

And if you had even read to the tactics part it says put on armor against Melee brothers where you don't use prayer!

Last time I checked pics they worked :-k, and they still do :-s you sure it's not your computer?

First, ancient magicks are better 100% than zammy flames, so you should change that

Second, the pics work, but they arent cropped so the computer has to load more, learn to crop them

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png