Are you living life to the fullest?

n64jive

I maintain a job, Runescape, school, sports, and a social life very well. I feel all that is needed to do this is moderation. Spending too much time on any one thing will deplete your belonging in the others. Moderation is key with anything in life.

=D> I couldn't have said it better myself. =D>

***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

eagleglobeanchorke1.gifc975dbbbcb.png eagleglobeanchorke1.gif

violent069oe7.gif Who says smileys are always happy? gunfight32zm4.gifmortarox0.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never meant to turn this into a "You should work instead of runescape" post..it was just a mere example...

I know that it's very important to have a good mix of fun and work.

Currently, I'm attending college, work during the afternoons, party with my friends every weekend/some weeknights...

For me to throw runescape into the equation wouldn't be possible...Over fall break, I was bored back in my hometown, and this is when I started looking at forums again..and decided to start up another membership.

My membership has been running for 9 days now..and i've probably had time to play a total of 5-6 hours...

w4M8t.png

In my opinion, this isn't really a case where you can say "Will RS matter in 10 years?". You could ask a counter question to that, does 10 years from now matter right now? Does anything actually matter at any given time from now? Sure, some things like school that allow you to be successful, but does being successful even matter? Being successful leads to being happy. However, for many people, RuneScape is something that will make them happy. The key is, if it matters now, then it's probably fine, for now. Not many things matter 10 years from now, if you think about it. RuneScape is just like any other game, it's meant to be fun for the time you play it, not to be a God in ten years.

my mom says this all the time

well the thing is noe im 12 and in a 1 day ill be 13 and in febuary we r moving to brisbane and in australia studies are a bit hard after primary school and i want to play rs a little by that time coz my parents r gonna get me membership

but after that in class 10 its all gonna change. ill need to study and study and study

the truth is i only hav a little time left and want to enjoy some time on rs and other games like perhaps 1-2hrs a day

knight95007.png

I've been playing runescape since early 2002, so i've always known that it is a game that takes a while to level up. That is not my epiphany. What I have recently discovered is that the general runescape public knows that it can take a year to get level 99 in one skill, playing an average ammount a day, yet no one cares.

People are willing to spend years of their free time on this game(and why shouldn't they..it is their freetime) to gain acheivments and goals that in a few years arn't going to mean anything.

Kids drop out of highschool...don't study for exams in college...don't go out with friends..because they would rather stay up all night playing runescape. Isn't their something wrong with that? People throw away their lives over a video game that will give them no advantage in the real world.

Think of this: What if every hour you spent on runescape, you instead spent working a job making around $8 an hour. How much money could you have. And that's just if you spent working at a low wage job. What if you spent those hours studying for tests, gaining knowledge to maintain a 4.0 GPA average in highschool to get into a good college, and continue that excellence to get a degree, which leads to a six figure job? How much better lives could many people lead if it wasn't for runescape. People need to forget the demise of runescape, but instead think about the demise of many young kids lives.

Now, I know a lot of people do still excel in life, and put it first...please don't make posts pointing out how you still live a normal life...I understand that. This is just something to think about. Don't say its not really a problem...because I've talked to many who talk about their life, which seems less then desirable.

The irony of this post is that I am reading it instead of writing a 6-8 page paper the is due tomorrow :ohnoes:

Venedlor

Venedlor.png