Are you living life to the fullest?

n64jive

i usually play from when i get home from school arond 4 ish till 9 unless i watch somethign before and after

yes i admit i AM an addict and ont go out much usually coz

a)no mates live near me

B) i dont liek the area i live in

i still excel in school

if i was back in manchester however id go out alot more again

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats life? :oops:

Sigged!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I just love it when people who type this assume you will do 'constructive' things. If I never played RuneScape, I would of played another video game.

Teenagers don't play RuneScape over studying for school. They play it over Halo 2 or CounterStrike, or any video game. You actually think people would work and study hard for school if they didn't play RuneScape? HA! We would be playing other stuff that doesn't 'contribute' to our lives.

Your reason of "What if every hour you spent on runescape, you instead spent working a job making around $8 an hour. How much money could you have." is pathetic and could be used in anthing other than RuneScape. Even to the book worm who studies 24/7, 'cept it would be like "What if you took those hours and made some friends." phrase.

This whole RS < RL thing is pissing me off, since RuneScape is as much 'apart' from real life than any other form of entertaiment. Exessive amount of hours playing Xbox, listening to music, watching movies...

And please, no one say how normal their lives are to "protect" themselves. No one gives a damn.

exactly if we didn't have runescape there would be another game people would playing just the same as runescape so it dosen't make a difference

Its our lives. We choose what we want to do, If people would rather play runescape then go out or what not then so be it.

Who are we to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing (I know you was not, but I'm just saying).

maynard2002.png

I have always been able to put RS on the back-burner if something important is happening, like school, etc. I consider myself lucky, since most people cant do that due to addiction and wind up failing tests, and losing relationships, because of a game.

Truth is, if people didnt play RS they would find some other way to waste their free-time, because that is what people do(not saying the game is a waste of time, but compared to other things in life it isnt as important). It wont change...

Pasty.png

I think a lot of players are younger, and dont have the ability to work yet. And, as far as 'excelling at life' is concerned, Im perfectly content with the way my life is. Its my time to use how I want, and the only one who will EVER regret it is me, but, if Im happy, then whats the problem?

And, yes, what other people above me said is true. If RS wasn't around, Id be playing some other game, like Warcraft (warcraft 3, not WoW, way too much money for me :shame: ) So it doesnt really matter anyway.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I just love it when people who type this assume you will do 'constructive' things. If I never played RuneScape, I would of played another video game.

Teenagers don't play RuneScape over studying for school. They play it over Halo 2 or CounterStrike, or any video game. You actually think people would work and study hard for school if they didn't play RuneScape? HA! We would be playing other stuff that doesn't 'contribute' to our lives.

Your reason of "What if every hour you spent on runescape, you instead spent working a job making around $8 an hour. How much money could you have." is pathetic and could be used in anthing other than RuneScape. Even to the book worm who studies 24/7, 'cept it would be like "What if you took those hours and made some friends." phrase.

This whole RS < RL thing is pissing me off, since RuneScape is as much 'apart' from real life than any other form of entertaiment. Exessive amount of hours playing Xbox, listening to music, watching movies...

And please, no one say how normal their lives are to "protect" themselves. No one gives a damn.

FTW. Just completely and utterly FTW. =D>

When I was flunking out of school, my parents got the Internet disconnected. So I reloaded an old game of Carmen Sandiego. They banned me from the computer except for homework. I watched TV. They banned me from the TV. I'd lay on my bed and play GameBoy.

You cannot make someone do something they don't want to do. If you remove the choice, they'll find a third option.

So true, so so true. If you lose Rs then you will just move on to another thing to play.

Rs isnt the only thing that people play to waste there time.There are always ganna be other things people play.

sal550.png

signa2.pngMSSW3-Banner.gif

Buyin 3k pure ess.PM or post here if selling

I do in no way encourage kids to no-life before the computer to achieve goals in games such as Runescape, but as you explain it, you need to think about that life ends one day aswell, and then what is all those years of working and studying worth? It's kinda the same thing, if you think it's fun to play Runescape, do it.

How much time would you really spend studing?

If you just hang out with friends, isn't that compariable to playing RS? To an extent? You chould make an agruement that going out with friends is a waste of time. Not a very good one, but an arguement nonetheless.

Ahmen!!!

Its just if you always worked or studied then you would have no life, so we use runescape for entertainment... But the balance is most important!

clickforblog.jpg

My lvl 90 and lvl 48, c1oud and waf1le, hacked, lost about 28 mil overall .

zzzuperthingy-1.jpg

paulkill.jpg

A Man Died - 100% F2P -Skiller/Pure Ranger

well now-a-days, people are becoming pretty stinkin' rich so the kids don't need to study or work or anything because the standards for those jobs are being lowered, and the kids are so spoiled and rich they don't need to do ANYTHING and just do whatever they want for their entire lives

That's why whenever you do kind things lately, you see that the adults are extremely extremely grateful than usual

You are not alone, Our Father, God will always be with you.

If anything, runescape DOES help young kids

(mostly 16+) because think of it this way.

I get paid 400$ a paycheck.

i pay 5 dollars for members.

i pay 40 a week for drinks or food or both.

i have 355$ left.

i store 300 in my bank, 55 left for w.e i want.

i do this until 18.

OMG! I CAN AFFORD MY OWN CAR! apartment.. w.e i want.

If i didnt play runescape...

i get paid 400$.

i spend it all on girlfreinds and freinds who probably wont pay if i ask them to take me somewhere and pay for it.

im 18.

im still broke because I spent it all on freinds and girlfreinds?

i mean, if you enjoy playing runescape, work out every now and then, go to work, all that, why not?

its better then doing that and spedning all your hard earned money on freinds that you probably arent going to see after high school anyway right?

If you do like friends, make some runescape friends... i mean you dont have to spend your irl money on them right?

emofury1.gif <--- free rs guides by me lawl

Rip emofury 11/20/07

newbankofrsyq0.gif

What about those people wasting their lives back chatting teachers getting Detentions acting like they're cool and smoke in secondary school :/. I personally have nothing wrong with people spending time on it but wasting your life for a game is too extreme so it's entertaining but not worth dieing for.

No truer words have been spoken!! =D> =D> =D> =D>

Haha well said mate. =D> But i also kinda agree with n64, he has a good point. you can't help but feel sorry for people who do nothing BUT play Runescape for their lives. But i dunno hearing your argument raises a propa good point :shock:

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

Your entry title is trite. 99% of the time, the answer is no. The other 1% of the time, you're lying to yourself. People can always improve, can always live life fuller.

When it comes down to it, Runescape is for enjoyment. Anyone who weighs short-term enjoyment for detrimental long-term unhappiness is just stupid. So I agree with you.

But it's fine to enjoy RS. If you want to take life easy and have fun, that's okay.

Haha well said mate. =D> But i also kinda agree with n64, he has a good point. you can't help but feel sorry for people who do nothing BUT play Runescape for their lives. But i dunno hearing your argument raises a propa good point :shock:

I disagree. I play RS, CS, etc. for different reasons. I can quit RS and not play CS.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

To paraphrase virtually everyone else here - it's all about moderation.

For instance, I right now am somewhat addicted. I play the game but am not getting the full enjoyment I used to. That's the problem with MMORPGs - at first it's fun and you get rewarded for your accomplishments. But as it goes on, it often becomes much more difficult to make progress, and (for some people, myself included) it becomes less and less enjoyable, and more of a chore that for some reason you can't pry yourself away from.

But, it can be compared to so many other things - browsing random websites, social networking sites, posting on forums - they don't necessarily add much to your 'career'; but so what? It's about happiness. If you're enjoying what you're doing and YOU don't feel likee YOUR life is going to waste, then what's the problem? Peace of mind is what matters here. I'd say most people who 'quit' Runescape would go on to play another game religiously. But as I said, it's what matters to you. Me personally, I need to stop ... so I'm gonna go for a walk and buy a new video game. Fighting one addiction with another. Score!

Work up to 24 hours a week at over ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã6 an hour.

Passed A-Levels and now at uni. Uni average is over 60%.

Played RuneScape since GCSEs.

Find the balance and it's fine. I pay for RuneScape membership, anything I need at uni and paid for my motorbike and running it.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

I've been playing runescape since early 2002, so i've always known that it is a game that takes a while to level up. That is not my epiphany. What I have recently discovered is that the general runescape public knows that it can take a year to get level 99 in one skill, playing an average ammount a day, yet no one cares.

People are willing to spend years of their free time on this game(and why shouldn't they..it is their freetime) to gain acheivments and goals that in a few years arn't going to mean anything.

Kids drop out of highschool...don't study for exams in college...don't go out with friends..because they would rather stay up all night playing runescape. Isn't their something wrong with that? People throw away their lives over a video game that will give them no advantage in the real world.

Think of this: What if every hour you spent on runescape, you instead spent working a job making around $8 an hour. How much money could you have. And that's just if you spent working at a low wage job. What if you spent those hours studying for tests, gaining knowledge to maintain a 4.0 GPA average in highschool to get into a good college, and continue that excellence to get a degree, which leads to a six figure job? How much better lives could many people lead if it wasn't for runescape. People need to forget the demise of runescape, but instead think about the demise of many young kids lives.

Now, I know a lot of people do still excel in life, and put it first...please don't make posts pointing out how you still live a normal life...I understand that. This is just something to think about. Don't say its not really a problem...because I've talked to many who talk about their life, which seems less then desirable.

I completely agree, honestly i think video games like rs and other ones will be the downfall of mankind lol, honestly i prolly would be better off and so would everyone else if mmos had never existed,i for one have been trying to ween off games for a while,altho the only game i ever really played was rs and after playing for so long it takes a while to get off

but if wut im doing atm goes thru im gonna have someone put my laptop in a safe and hide the key lol also the only gaming system i own is a wii so other games shouldnt be a problem :P

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png