Trying new things.....

Roberthree

(Well, I logged on to see my thread was locked. Please don't let it happen again...)

Ok, this just irks me. It seems like every time I try something new I get insulted. First time I go to cw? I get "owned" and called a "noob". I learned later that that's nothing new but it still made my first day of members feel kinda like a waste of $5. Pest Control was full of pures and jerks. Dueling or the Wilderness? Not a chance in hell of not seeing the noob word tossed around. Heck, I even got mocked for wearing prayer gear while doing Monkey Madness. That doesn't surprise me, but it really ruins the experience of trying something new. I won't dwell on those because I want to get to the main part of this rant:

The God Wars Dungeon. This place if full of people who need high skill levels and skill in real life to not die here. Pures don't come here either so one would think this would be like a jerk-filter, no? Well I was wrong. Me and 2 of my friends (Similar levels) decided to check it out. We agree to go after a zamorak mini-boss (I explained that we were no match for krill himself). This was just for a bit of fun, not meant for profit. We get our 40 kills and go into the chamber. I was glad that some others had krill busy so we were free to deal with the 2 generals that were pestering us. I was going to thank the krill-killers when I heard this:

rsgwd2.jpg

Dear god, just ONCE can I go somewhere new without being mocked for it? Yes. I'm level 85 and in the gwd. So what? I probably know just as much about this game as they do so why does it matter? I mean, I'm in the god wars dungeon. Most dangerous place in the game. Not running around lumbridge going "fr33 st00f pl0x??". Imo, they should have been glad we were keeping those generals busy, thats less food used by them and more krill kills. I'm just so annoyed that every time I try to do something meant for someone with higher skill levels I get mocked. Jeez. End rant, I'm sure theres something you guys have to say and I don't plan on getting defensive. But please don't just say something short and blunt like "get over it".

I knew I posted this before:

Honestly, those people were [wagon] to you, and you did not deserve such treatment. You should be free to experiment in this game no matter what your level, and if those guys don't like it, then that's their problem.

Take it with a grain of salt. In this game, there is only about 3% of people that are genuinely nice; the other 97% are looking for ways to belittle you so they can feel better about themselves.

Kinda strange you'd repost it after five pages though...oh well, not my concern.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Imo, they should have been glad we were keeping those generals busy, thats less food used by them and more krill kills.

Too bad only 1 general comes up to hit them if you do it right, so it wouldn't have meant much benefit or detriment to them if you hit the mage and ranger. However, on that same point, that does show that they were being a bit stuck up for calling you a noob for sharing the room w/o stealing their kills. Why some high levels do that sort of thing is beyond me and truly just immature, you just need to ignore them and do the things you want to do without faceless kiddies over the internet bugging you.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

I know this about you trying new things and getting flamed by random strangers you will never meet in real life ever, but I have to say this to you..

Its really pisses off people when someone or someone(s) decide to invade a God Wars boss chamber. Why? Because their concentrating on killing the boss without dying, and you come in there waltzing around killing the minions. Your not helping them, don't think that for a second! Those minions are attacking the players (but not damaging them, because all good GWDers use prayer ;p ), and as soon at those players knock down that boss, their going straight for...(guess what)...the minions in hopes that they might get a decent drop (like an armour piece or a sword shard). It really pisses off a group of GWDers when people do that.

So, next time, maybe when you see a group of people already in a boos chamber...just hop worlds. Its the respectable thing to.

SOTW_Tag1.png

here!

I know this about you trying new things and getting flamed by random strangers you will never meet in real life ever, but I have to say this to you..

Its really pisses off people when someone or someone(s) decide to invade a God Wars boss chamber. Why? Because their concentrating on killing the boss without dying, and you come in there waltzing around killing the minions. Your not helping them, don't think that for a second! Those minions are attacking the players (but not damaging them, because all good GWDers use prayer ;p ), and as soon at those players knock down that boss, their going straight for...(guess what)...the minions in hopes that they might get a decent drop (like an armour piece or a sword shard). It really pisses off a group of GWDers when people do that.

So, next time, maybe when you see a group of people already in a boos chamber...just hop worlds. Its the respectable thing to.

Dont even try explain it to him.

dont bother explaining, youll probably just get flamed by level 50s who cant even get near godwars saying "Omg he was trying to help, noone owns monsters in rs!" (the downsides of public forums :(), i agree though.

Um, yeah. At least m4tty is gone :thumbsup: .

Robert even said: We agree to go after a zamorak mini-boss.....This was just for a bit of fun, not meant for profit.......

Goldtiger, it's not like anyone owns GWD or any Runescape area(except a company called Jagex). He has as much right to go into GWD as a lvl 126. So what if he "peskered" a couple of people. It's not like they can treat him like crap because he pops up in the dungeon.

The people treating him like crap is the main issue, not him walking around "distracting" a few people.

Robert even said: We agree to go after a zamorak mini-boss.....This was just for a bit of fun, not meant for profit.......

Goldtiger, it's not like anyone owns GWD or any Runescape area(except a company called Jagex). He has as much right to go into GWD as a lvl 126. So what if he "peskered" a couple of people. It's not like they can treat him like crap because he pops up in the dungeon.

The people treating him like crap is the main issue, not him walking around "distracting" a few people.

thank you for understanding this thread.

goldtiger was just explaining why they got mad... you are perfect example of the lvl 50s i said about in my post...

goldtiger was just explaining why they got mad... you are perfect example of the lvl 50s i said about in my post...

Wow, your shaping up to be a m4tty. Honestly, the main topic of this post is about: people treated Roberthree like crap. NOT: A flaming war because of two people who think GWD is not the place for lower lvls. I point that out and I become, "the lvl 50s i pointed out earlier"? Mind keeping things on topic, and NOT start berating people who state their opinion? This is precisely why Roberthree's last topic got locked. A person berating others for stating things that were relatively true. I'm not wanting to have this topic go down in ashes and be locked, but it is sure looking that way...

Wow, your shaping up to be a m4tty. Honestly, the main topic of this post is about: people treated Roberthree like crap. NOT: A flaming war because of two people who think GWD is not the place for lower lvls. I point that out and I become, "the lvl 50s i pointed out earlier"? Mind keeping things on topic, and NOT start berating people who state their opinion? This is precisely why Roberthree's last topic got locked. A person berating others for stating things that were relatively true. I'm not wanting to have this topic go down in ashes and be locked, but it is sure looking that way...

quit trolling... goldtiger posted the reason the guys at gws mightve got annoyed and you start an argument by saying we are saying low levels arent at godwars... maybe the guys shouldnt have got so angry but they had a reason to tell him to leave... my first day here and i already have a bad impression of the forums... maybe i should just go back to zybez... the reason i quit there and came here is because of people starting fights for the sake of starting fights and i wanted proper discussions... but i guess this is just the same...

quit trolling... goldtiger posted the reason the guys at gws mightve got annoyed and you start an argument by saying we are saying low levels arent at godwars... maybe the guys shouldnt have got so angry but they had a reason to tell him to leave... my first day here and i already have a bad impression of the forums... maybe i should just go back to zybez.

Look at the nub lmao. na let him die. This will b funny. I'm sure that's a real good response to someone pop up -.- . Now back on topic. Now, I'm getting Goldtiger out of this arguement(shouldn't have been in the arguement in the first place). Your attitude is more irritating. I'm trolling, I'm the lvl 50s I stated eariler. You really should go back to Zybez, maybe they have a more passive community.

quit trolling... goldtiger posted the reason the guys at gws mightve got annoyed and you start an argument by saying we are saying low levels arent at godwars... maybe the guys shouldnt have got so angry but they had a reason to tell him to leave... my first day here and i already have a bad impression of the forums... maybe i should just go back to zybez.

Look at the nub lmao. na let him die. This will b funny. I'm sure that's a real good response to someone pop up -.- . Now back on topic. Now, I'm getting Goldtiger out of this arguement(shouldn't have been in the arguement in the first place). Your attitude is more irritating. I'm trolling, I'm the lvl 50s I stated eariler. You really should go back to Zybez, maybe they have a more passive community.

my point is maybe the people shouldnt have being so harsh but i already knew itd get replied to by people who wouldnt even be able to get close to godwars who dont know why the people got annoyed at roberthree, the people in the gws dungeon already did have a reason to get angry, but they where (possibly) too harsh.

my point is maybe the people shouldnt have being so harsh but i already knew itd get replied to by people who wouldnt even be able to get close to godwars who dont know why the people got annoyed at roberthree, the people in the gws dungeon already did have a reason to get angry, but they where (possibly) too harsh.

First off, they were not "possibly too harsh". Yes it may be a little annoying a lvl 80 something coming to GWD when it was meant for high lvls, 100+. But that really does not excuse the behavior some ignorant jerks. Like roberthree said it was: This was just for a bit of fun, not meant for profit.

He's just exploring, checking the place out, etc... I don't see why this at all constitues the responses he poster eariler. Runescape was meant to be fun, not to have: nub lmao, b funny when he dies, etc thrown at your face when you enter a high lvl dungeon.

The people who were already in the GWD area do not really have the right to get that angry. So what if they were there first? I'm pretty sure that if they went to an area of GWD they would not like stupid comments pummeled at them for simply being there.

PLEASE, stop this flamewar before the topic's closed again. No offense warrager, but this is the second flame war in this topic and the second time you're involved..

On Topic: Nobody's got the right to forbid you to go to GWD.

PLEASE, stop this flamewar before the topic's closed again. No offense warrager, but this is the second flame war in this topic and the second time you're involved..

On Topic: Nobody's got the right to forbid you to go to GWD.

Well, what's that mean? Just because I was involved means nothing... Anyways, don't let some morons get to you. Like maxx, and others have said, you have the right to go to GWD.

First off, they were not "possibly too harsh". Yes it may be a little annoying a lvl 80 something coming to GWD when it was meant for high lvls, 100+. But that really does not excuse the behavior some ignorant jerks. Like roberthree said it was: This was just for a bit of fun, not meant for profit.

He's just exploring, checking the place out, etc... I don't see why this at all constitues the responses he poster eariler. Runescape was meant to be fun, not to have: nub lmao, b funny when he dies, etc thrown at your face when you enter a high lvl dungeon.

The people who were already in the GWD area do not really have the right to get that angry. So what if they were there first? I'm pretty sure that if they went to an area of GWD they would not like stupid comments pummeled at them for simply being there.

so because people have a "right to" jump on peoples worlds (which is annoying for the reason which was stated earlier) they should? thats a bad attitude. they shouldve just asked politely rather than being as harsh as they where but it doesnt change they did have a right to be annoyed, and dont say "they didnt have a right to be annoyed" because thats just stupid. quit replying to my posts, you annoy me.

so because people have a "right to" jump on peoples worlds (which is annoying for the reason which was stated earlier) they should? thats a bad attitude. they shouldve just asked politely rather than being as harsh as they where but it doesnt change they did have a right to be annoyed, and dont say "they didnt have a right to be annoyed" because thats just stupid. quit replying to my posts, you annoy me.

Um why don't you go and cuddle with the Runescape community back in Zybez? If you don't like opinionated people, I suggest you leave. Anyways, it'd be better if you left, so this topic wont be locked.

(Also, I'm sure you can make me shut up, LOL "quit replying to my posts you annoy me" LOL)

EDIT: Mods, don't lock yet. I've seen few people state their opinions. So let this "conversation" live a bit more...

you are just being lame now repeating the exact same points over and over again... im not even going to reply to you anymore till you reply to my point (that what roberthree did is annoying to people already there as that guy said on the 1st page, but maybe he didnt realise why it was annoying at the time, and that maybe the guys already there where too harsh and shouldve just basically explained what the guy on the first page said rather than flamed), but i understand why you dont understand kinda, you would get 1hit even trying to get close to godwars... btw not replying to you again so have fun trolling on your own.

you are just being lame now repeating the exact same points over and over again... im not even going to reply to you anymore till you reply to my point (that what roberthree did is annoying to people already there as that guy said on the 1st page, but maybe he didnt realise why it was annoying at the time, and that maybe the guys already there where too harsh), but i understand why you dont understand kinda, you would get 1hit even trying to get close to godwars...

I'm repeating the same points because you just don't seem to get them. I'll do it again. Roberthree comes to a world, goes to GWD, he goes to a mini boss for fun. He get's jeered at, just for being around. That's the reason he gets jeered at?!?! Yes he may have been "peskering" and "bothering" people, so what? It's an online game, deal with it. The real world has a lot of things WAY worse.

Also the 1 hit think is really sad. Drawing the conversation away from the main topic, and to "me getting 1 hitting if i got close" thing is really cruddy. A real m4tty is coming back alive.

Mods, this is a debate/conversation, not a flaming war, so keep this topic alive, and don't lock.

if anything you "are the m4tty", ignoring what i say and just trying to start a fight. hopefully you see the same fate as him soon (banned). my points:

1. roberthree did something which WAS annoying, but he DIDNT KNOW it was annoying

2. it has being pointed out WHY it is annoying - and i quote "I understand what he's saying. I still think they didn't need to be rude, but I guess you make sense there."

3. the people there had a reason to get annoyed which was pointed out calmly by gold tiger10, but read point 4...

4. the people there didnt need to overreact like that - i agree with you on that one...and onto point 5

5. the people there shouldve just said "can you please hop, we are already killing the monsters on this world" or something to that effect

i really dont care what some guy who isnt even able to get to godwars thinks on this subject so thats my last reply for real now. if you want your own words used against you - "get over someone "jeering" at someone in a game. in the real world there are things way worse" see how that works?

if anything you "are the m4tty", ignoring what i say and just trying to start a fight. hopefully you see the same fate as him soon (banned). my points:

1. roberthree did something which WAS annoying, but he DIDNT KNOW it was annoying

2. it has being pointed out WHY it is annoying - and i quote "I understand what he's saying. I still think they didn't need to be rude, but I guess you make sense there."

3. the people there had a reason to get annoyed which was pointed out calmly by gold tiger10, but read point 4...

4. the people there didnt need to overreact like that - i agree with you on that one...and onto point 5

5. the people there shouldve just said "can you please hop, we are already killing the monsters on this world" or something to that effect

i really dont care what some guy who isnt even able to get to godwars thinks on this subject so thats my last reply for real now.

Ahem, m4tty got banned for really incredible flaming. I really don't think that my "flaming" will get me banned. Also "starting fights" doesn't make me think that'll get banned either...

1. Not too sure about. That's debateable.

2. Well I'm 99% sure those people over reacted with all the jeering, etc.

3. Ties into point 2....

4. Kinda ties into point 2...

5. Yes. Some decency to a lower lvl really could have helped.

Your last comment just completely throws out everything you said. Like I said before, HOW does combat lvl tie into this at all??? The conversation has nearly nothing to do about GWD, except the location of the encounter. I mean, you really ought to stay on topic and try and make decent points about the topic in question, NOT other non related points.

Good thing I don't have to hear your "I dont care what a person who can't get into GWD thinks. " Or your other mumbling talk...

Mods, like I've said before, we're having a debate, NOT a flame war, at least not yet...