Eliminate noob!

nerdattack16

If we can't use noob, we'll use nub. If we can't use nub, we'll use narb. If we can't use narb, we'll use /\00b...etc...etc.

Not nessesarly the same words, but people will make a new word with the same meaning. Solution to this: Stop thinking noob as a negative word. It literally translates to 'new player' and I do not know why people are getting insulted and writing threads about being called a new player.

Actually, the word Newb (derived from Newbie) means new player. The word Noob means an annoying/ stupid player. The word Noob was originally Newb, but somebody decided it was "L33t" to misspell it because they are too lazy to press n-e-w-b on the keyboard. Somehow from there it was twisted into its current meaning (annoying player).

The word Newb is not an insult (although used as one), it merely means new player, I.E. unexperienced. The word Noob is an insult, and is so overused that it really means nothing anymore, and being offended by it is slightly pointless. Besides, people will just find a way around the censor if the word Noob is blocked, because thats how people are...

Oh god I feel like a combination of Dr. Phil and Oprah... :roll:

Pasty.png

What's so bad about the word noob, the meaning is a low level player so why can't we say the truth to a "noob"

Not technically true. You're confusing "noob" with "newb", a.k.a. "newbie." Plus, being low-leveled doesn't make you a "noob/newb" necessarily. You could have played for years, know a lot about the game, you just don't train a lot.

The words part of this community nowadays, deal with it <.<

Exactly what I want to change, at least, in the Tip.It community. And if you were thinking that the word offended me, well, you were wrong. It simply annoys me that the people here use it so much. Aren't we supposed to be the ones with IQs higher than that of the average 'Scaper? :P

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

People that use noob in an argument are usually not smart enough to come up with a valid argument for whatever is going on anyway. Not sure if that helps this topic any, just thought I would share my opinion.l

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

What's so bad about the word noob, the meaning is a low level player so why can't we say the truth to a "noob"

The fact that it's being over used by people who thinks it actually is offensive. You can make it 'offensive' if you mix it with other words, such as 'goddamn nolifing macro noob' (which i get 10 times every day <3: )

I have to admit that it is getting really annoying when 100 people accuse others of being 'noobs' when they are wearing bronze med and dagger at lvl 16, where others have steel so far (woooo :lol: ) ahh.. what a good reason to play chat on friends :P

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

I don't find "noob" offensive, but what I find annoying is how many people discuss it. Its just a stupid word designed to "offend" people. I don't mind if you use that word with friends (exaggeration of course), but I don't take that word literally.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

It's overused I get it alot when playing Castle wars. I generally get a situation like this I'm getting teamed on world 24 by about 10 people I run out of bandages I'm ranging mages on the enemy's wall while keeping myself alive. Then I eventually die and some level 46 just calls me a noob for dieing.

I personally just find as a laugh people have different meanings for it the one I got used to or well it was in 04 was someone new to the game. Sorry but I've been playing for over 3 years I'm not new. Or someone annoying is it now sorry I use proper grammar and I'm a not 9 year old kid. So when someone kills me and says "Owned" "Pwned" "Ownt" or "Noob" I find is as a compliment they're basically saying I win at life and they fail. I will have to agree.

"Noob" is used wayyyyy to much...it needs to be cut down...and the amount of times people report somebody for calling them a noob is unbelievable :shock:

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Ranker11 told me too :P

I fully realize that we can't make a dent in the usage of "noob" in RuneScape. My point was that we could eliminate it here at Tip.It, and see if that might help if at all. Some of you seem to be misunderstanding my idea.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

it's kinda like calling someone an asswipe irl, it doesn't mean anything and its way overused :P

This is Runescapeloser22, made a new account name know that I quit Runescape.

Real Rank: Demon Vanquisher

jealoussig-1.jpg

BOSTON RED SOX 2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

I thought Vegimite was another word for lesbian.... :oops:

Little known fact that only a few people will know

Jagex actually banned the word noob and various forms of it for 2ish weeks. It was quite chaotic lol. You'd get so many more rants about free expression than you do now with poorly written rants. Just have to imagine what that would cause. I remember what it was like when everyone was yelling out 4 character astriks for 2 weeks and then going "wtf"