The word "Noob" strikes again

Returned3

Moments ago, i had just finished alching my yew longs.

Ah, what a great moment. Imediately, i decided to make more cash.

I looked into my bank and saw 25k raw trouts.

I decided to sell them all.

"Selling raw trouts 50gp each", i said

Someone traded me and asked how many did i have, i showed him the 25k trout and this was his response;

"Trouts are 25 each, Noob"

Aint much of a rant but, whether i was selling the trout at the right price or not, I could not understand why he had called me this word "noob".

Did the guy have a great dislike for raw fish? Does he go around "fixing" prices? Did he get offended by my sale of fish? Or maybe he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I know a short-tempered lvl 94 complaining about a small incident occuring with a lvl 53 concerning the price of raw fish is kinda pointless.

But, was the word "noob" really nessescary? Lots of posts have been about the definition of the term "noob" Was I really acting noob-ish by *possibly* overpricing MY fish? Am I a noob for ranting here?

Comments please

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Look, if the price was wrong (I do not know about trout prices), I wouldn't call you a noob (that guy you mentioned is clearly a non-thinker). That word "noob" is probably the most pointless way of being "insulted". Many people use it just to feel tough, but if you are called a "noob", just find something witty for a good comeback, "Thats Mr. Brenda Noob to you, mister!"

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Some people are just morons. Most of these sort of people call others noob just before they tele away, which makes them cowards too.

I had some guy trying to buy 50 shark 50k. So I trade him and he puts up 50gp and accepts. I decline (of course) and he calls me a noob!

Lmao

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

First off trout is worth 40gp each not 50gp and definatley not 25gp each :wink: . But players call others noobs perhaps to fell superior to someone. Or because they are insecure :shame: But don't let it bother you.

EDIT: Warrager what you said is a bit of an oxymoron as you yourself call other players noobs on this forum :shame: .

88_349d34.png

I got called a noob by someone about to be "free trimming" scam. Go figure. #-o

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Specimen #3,184,094, section 43, exibit "N".

Here you see a generic "somebody called me a noob" thread. Please do not tap on the glass.

Thank you,

The Museum of the Ancient and Redundant Threads Society (ARTS). All donations are tax-deductable and go to supporting boring rants across the world.

In my opinion, there really is no definite price. You can sell anything you want, for however much you want. The way i think of it, the suggested price is only there because that is the price that you will be able to sell your items at the easiest without losing money. You could sell buckets for 1k each, and you may have a hard time selling them (no one wants to buy buckets at all) but your not overpricing em so much as your just selling them for your price. If people dont like your price, too bad for them. Thats just my opinion anyways, who cares.

Obviously, you just had a very common encounter with a cranky, mean person. There's nothing you can really do but ignore em. If there was a rant for every time this happened, well..... you get my point, there'd be alot of rants. You definetly were unfairl called a noob. No one really deserves to be called a noob, except in a joking manner, with your friends or something. Even low levels should only be called newbie, really. Just accept things the way they are....

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

...If there was a rant for every time this happened, well..... you get my point, there'd be alot of rants...

There already are a lot of rants. Just go down the front two pages, maybe 3, 4 rants about that one word?

Just ignore it, seriously. Who cares if you get called a "noob" by some 10 year old?

Well, appearently the thread author does... :?

Yea well, i gotta think of better comebacks than "Rofl"

Maybe "Welcome to my ignore list" etc.

And whats with people saying "I dont offer" during trades, are they trying to act cool, or they just dont know the price and are too afraid to let people know.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I just find it funny when somebody calls me a noob for something like that. Its just like them admitting that you're better than them or that they're jealous of an item that you have.

A good example is ancienting in castle wars, your freezing people and doing them considerable damage, because they were stupid enough not to bring either mage defence or a range weapon they just call you an "ancients noob" a sthats all they can do against you.

Whilst I sympathise with people for the annoyance that the word "noob" can cause, Im getting sick of topics about the word "noob". By discussing it in every 5th topic we're probably making the problem worse.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

Here you see a generic "somebody called me a noob" thread. Please do not tap on the glass.

Thank you,

The Museum of the Ancient and Redundant Threads Society (ARTS). All donations are tax-deductable and go to supporting boring rants across the world.

*taps on glass*

Does he bite or something?

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Thank you,

*taps on glass*

Does he bite or something?

Sorry mate, you'll have to ask the curator. I only work here on weekends. ::'