World of Warcraft or Everquest2?

Auicroa

I wanted to make a poll on the newest MMORPG's of the year. So we have world of warcraft and everquest2

I played EQ2 it was fun for little while but it started to become lame since you are stuck to only one part of an area before you level up and do so many quests then theres the buddy system to much buddy you gotta be in a group for EVERYTHING to even kill a monster you have to be in a group! it was so annoying! it was basicly a game realesed to early for its own good! the bugs were uncountable you stepped on them all the time. after a week i was done! i sold it to my friend for 30$ and good riddence.

Now for my favorite! WoW! world of warcraft is basicly like EQ2 but alot better. you arent restricted to area x until you do quest y. and wow you can actually solo things but not the dragons, and dungeons. the dungeons and bosses, dragons are meant to be in groups for since back then i doubt the knight could kill such a thing by himself. world of warcraft is perfect! the loads arent long! the graphics arent too good but good enough! *which was a problem with eq2* in wow you barely find any bugs, the world is enourmous you can go anywhere any time so world of warcraft is my choice! now leave your replys!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/pizza says it all for me, that's what SOE think of their paying customers.

Blizzard did an april fool poking fun at them.

ITs hard to chose really. I read a PC gamer review, and they chose WoW. But i will have a hard time myself. WOW has sucky graphics, EQ2 has good. Wow has better gameplay. WoW servers lag a lot, EQ2 don't. Its hard to say. I think i would chose WoW though

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

ITs hard to chose really. I read a PC gamer review, and they chose WoW. But i will have a hard time myself. WOW has sucky graphics, EQ2 has good. Wow has better gameplay. WoW servers lag a lot, EQ2 don't. Its hard to say. I think i would chose WoW though

I wouldn't say that WOW has sucky graphics. It has beautiful graphics, it's just that it's cartoony and a little different. I personally don't like the cartoony graphics, but they are still nice.

I haven't played either, but from what my friends said (they play alot of MMORPGs), they had alot of complaints about EQ2, and had nothing bad to say about WOW.

Now there's always Final Fantasy XI that is a great game to play!

Ugh that was the first and last in-box MMORPG for me. Terribly slow, have to group to do anything..it looked pretty though.

I've played some WoW and I'd definitely go with that, I like to play solo more often than not, and its actually possible in WoW.

hubby and kids play eq2, i didn't like it when i tried. hubby has stopped up all night playing it, its very addictive. graphics look nice i must say.

now WoW- ever since i saw a screenie i wanted that game.(kids bought it for a surprise on motherdays) as far as i'm aware there is no caps on xp, but i've only just hit lvl 20 so i'm not an expert on it.

i love the graphics, and i love not being stuck in one area . but the best for me is that you don't lose your stuff when you die(lose 10% durability on yr items) so you don't haveto worry about losing your best stuff.

WoW for me personally

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

Both are good games, but I don't buy them out of principle. They both are carefully-designed money-suckers.

Everquest 1 had a new "expansion" every 2 weeks or close to that, just so people would have to buy each new one every time. EQ 2 went even further and now has "buyable areas" and other systems whereby the more you pay the more advantage you get. This is BS in my opinion. I can understand a SINGLE p2p systems, where ALL p2p'ers are equal, but the way they designed it is just disgusting.

WoW may not do that, BUT: Paying $50 for the game, and then $15 every single month to play is a completely unfair rip-off, regardless of how good the game is.

Why, may I ask, no other genre except MMORPG's charges monthly fees? I pay enough money for the game as it is. Pretty much every gaming genre (FPS, racing, strategy, etc) has on-line mode with servers (that yes, have to be maintained by paid staff) yet nobody except MMORPG makers charge ridiculous amounts of money for it. For all I care the real reason is not because of claimed "high costs" but just because they know RPG's are addicting, so they can suck more money out of consumers. And the ways they come up to achieve that are really amazing (in a bad way).

I'm not going to be part of that, even if I had enough money to.

P.S. Yes I know, the same even applies to RS, although to a lesser degree (single-rank p2p system, only $5 a month, no purchase fee).

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

actually MMORPGs arn't only type of P2P monthly games

I can list a lot that arn't rpgs, or even traditional games.

now I'd choose WoW, but my computer is very bad...I can't evan handle rune scape 2 high detale.

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

Doesn't WoW have a cap on how much exp you can get per day?

WoW does'nt have any kind of cap system - they want people playing 24/7 :)

i think you may have got confused with rested exp. you recieve twice as much experience for killing a monster if you have spent time in a city or logged out

oh and the only reason eq2 doesnt have any lag is because there is nobody on there servers - there all playing WoW

i think you may have got confused with rested exp. you recieve twice as much experience for killing a monster if you have spent time in a city or logged out

One of the reasons I got the game, it makes it so you don't have to spend every waking second on the game in order to keep up with your peers.

only for a few kills tho after you have rested,- your xp bar starts of blue after rested, and you get a little more xp, after a few kills the bar turns purple and you get no extra bonus.

therefore if you are travelling to another part of the map its worthwhile taking a lil detour to a inn and rest for 3 or so secs, just to get the extra xp(imo anyway)

I'll be honest..I would love to play WoW (id probably need a new PC but that wouldnt be a problem) Im not really scared to start it it's just the comfort level I have with runescape. It's simple and quite frankly there is nothing in RS that I can't do. I dont know if I want to start over again. I dont want to be a low level, I don't want to not be able to do something, quite frankly Id ont want to put the time and effort into a new game when theres a game that im very very good at. Does/has anyone else felt this way? What made you take that step into a new game?

Well my friend has WoW and he reckons its great, ive watched him play it sometimes and i also like the look of it. My computer has WoW's MINIMUM specs and im not sure if its a great idea buying it because it would probobly run really slow on my computer.

Eq2 ive heard that its a stupid game so yeah :)

i thought i was being a lil stupid quitting a ok char in rs for wow, but i've found there is things to do for every level, not like rs where everyone has to have the best stuff and is ridiculed if they don't.

i may be only level 20, but i've never been called a noob, or anything like that in the 6 weeks i've been playing.

i may not be able to make everything in game like i could in rs(well almost) but that doesn't matter. you are not judged on your level, that i've encountered anyway.

and i was only begged once! thats a major achievement if nowt else.

i used to get begged at least once daily on fat slug. :evil:

actually MMORPGs arn't only type of P2P monthly games

I can list a lot that arn't rpgs, or even traditional games.

now I'd choose WoW, but my computer is very bad...I can't evan handle rune scape 2 high detale.

it still wouldnt run then i play mine on minimum specs and hoping to buy a 64mb vid card only 34$. im only lvl 24 tho my bro caught up to me because he plays non stop and his comp is good. i just got done killing 23 level 30 elites with a big group ofcourse! ive been playing for a month and found 5 rares in one day but i was just lucky and that will never happen again. eq2 the load screens were too long and the game had too good grpahics not very good for crappy computers like mine. WoW

i thought i was being a lil stupid quitting a ok char in rs for wow, but i've found there is things to do for every level, not like rs where everyone has to have the best stuff and is ridiculed if they don't.

i may be only level 20, but i've never been called a noob, or anything like that in the 6 weeks i've been playing.

i may not be able to make everything in game like i could in rs(well almost) but that doesn't matter. you are not judged on your level, that i've encountered anyway.

The reason that it don't exist in WoW is that there's no place in WoW where people get taught how to act like that. In RS we got F2P where people learn how to call someone noob in the right situation (when they are lower lvl then you, when what they are wearing is worth less money then your equipment, when they refuse to give you free stuff, when they dont do as you tell them to or when you just feel like it). Basically, it teaches us that we are worth mroe then any other player and have the right to do whatever to them. It takes extensive P2P therapy to get rid of this disease. Or you are just a nice person in general that dont get affected that much by the cold and hostile atmosphere in F2P.

and when they do beg you if they say no they leave you alone!

eq2 doesnt have pvp.. so whats the point of all those quests! the graphics are way too good for that game and load screens unbearable even on my bros comp with 128mb vid card.

people are very nice on wow alliance arent too nice to me though but horde are. ive never been called a noob or called someone one. its a great game.

I liked everquest2 more because mainly of justa few things.

1 Graphics capability

2 World to explore

3 You instead of being alone all the time you are with other peeps

this is meant to keep your social skills to an reasonable amount

4 Housing nough said

5 Raids... nough said

6 uncountable amount of items.

7 uncountable amount of quests (yes some are mandatory to move further.)

8 mounts (yes that means horses (spirit horses and maj dul (flying carpets)they are the fastest)

9 you are restricted to one server... thank god (this prevents you from serverhoping) kill same monster over and over)

10 glitches getting fixed every single day (to keep the cheaters at bey)

11 the money system is far more advanced then just having gold... it spreads to Platinum gold silver and copper) you need 100 copper to have 1 silver 100 silver to make 1 gold etc.

12 more items/quests/fixes almost every day!

Had enough?

Graphics for WoW.... am i looking at a cartoon or an adult game?

cant list any more WoW because well i havent played the game (and i dont want to)

PS. i would actually prefer EQ instead of EQ2

100completepl0.png

<( *-* )> <(*-* <) (> *-*)> <( *-* )>