Guide to Mage stakers V1.0

mawd_luva

How to make a mage staker

[hide=Intro]

Mage stakers are a really good way to make money. On the other hand they cost alot too run and make also. You are going to need to dedicate a good amount of time and money into the mage staker. There are two common methods to mage staking. Snare and Zammy flames, and ancients. Zammy flames staking can be done at around 40 combat if you stake melee pures... Rangers will own you. Ancients can be done at around 53 combat and higher.

IMO: Staking is 50% luck, 40% skill, and 10%effort and concentration

[/hide]

[hide=Name choosing]

You want a name that is simple because if you have a name like 'mwmwmwmw' or 'Illllll' people will know you have a hidden talent and wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want to stake you. So I recommend something like 'love da dew' because itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s simple yet not purish.[/hide]

[hide=Getting money]

Like as stated above, a mage staker costs a lot to make and maintain. I recommend fishing to make money. I would get membership immediately after doing Tutorial Island.

Fish shrimp all the way to 30 fishing south of lumbridge. Now do shilo village and fly fish there till 80 fishing banking all food and selling trout if you need feathers. This will take about 1-2 weeks depending on the time you play. Spend the next 1-2 weeks cooking them at rouges den. Now you should have 80 fishing and about 80 cooking. Go to the fishing guild and fish sharks. Talk to other people so they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re an autoer. Fish till you have around 2k then cook or trade for cooked and sell 900-1k ea. Now you should have 1.8-2m.

[/hide]

[hide=training]

From 1 to 13 mage I recommend wind strikes. Wind strikes cost 17gp per cast and give around 7.5-12 xp ea. They are good xp at a lower level yet affordable. Always you an air staff for this spell.

From 13-39 mage fire strikes.

Fire strikes require 3 fires-2 airs- 1 mind costing 84 if you buy the runes. Use fire strikes at blue dragons, ogres, or anything made of ice.

note:you can use fire staff to make the cost about 24.

39-55 mage would becrumble undeads

From 55 mage just high alch

These are what I Would high alch

If you saved your blue d hides from blue dragon kills, use the new assist option to make into blue bodies and alch those

Buy mage logs 1k ea in low amounts like 10-100, bs 170 ea and nats 300 ea for a grand total of 1470 gp per bow. Use the new assist option or trade for mage longs. They alch for 1536 ea so you make 66 gp per bow, which adds up after 100k alchs.

[/hide]

[hide=God or Ancient spells?]

Now you can alch to 70 mage and stake with ancients or 60 mage and stake with god spells.

Always when mage staking.. set your rules simular to this.

setupforstaking.jpg

If you chose god mage stay here if not... skip this part.

[/hide]

[hide=zammy staking]

After you achieve 60 mage, get about 100 sharks and 300 fire blasts for the arena so you can get Zammy flames. Kill all 4 forms of the guy in mage bank then cast Zammy flames 100 times. Before you even start staking, get 200k cash and 100 Zammy flames and 200 snares.

So your inventory should have the following:

1 zammy staff

400 fires

200 bloods

100 airs

600 nats

400 waters

400 earths

200k cash

This leaves you room for if you stake items or use no armor.

Before staking throw on something noobish like iron skimmy, gnome clothes, and a power ammy.

As the countdown starts, equip Zammy staff glory or mage ammy, if you can afford seers ring and wizard robes.

Click snare on magic menu and click the enemy a fraction after it says ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Å1ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

baller_playa.png

35-55 mage would be fire bolts

Fire bolts require 1 chaos (140) 3 airs(15) and 4 fires (11) at about 230 gp a cast. Do family crest quest and get chaos gauntlets to hit 15ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s with fire bolts. Use these at blue drags or steel drags

You need 59 mage to do family crest.... use Crumble Undead.

Air strikes are more like 34 ea but you should get a staff. It should save more than what you pay without. And you must have nice friends to do shilo at level 3. Also earth strike so cheaper than fire fyi.

oops.. frgot about staffs.. aded it.. thanks

You need 59 mage to do family crest.... use Crumble Undead

added it in.. thanks

baller_playa.png

A good idea for a guide, but potentially not much information, for example you could add other ways to train magic, for example mage trainning arena, where you get exp and make cash at the same time!

Spending 2 weeks for 80 fishing + cooking is a waste, although it gets skills up, you could do things within members that don't need skills for example nature running, then merchanting, you could have around 5m within a week doing this easy!

I didnt see anything talking about defence level etc (maybe i missed it?)

For your staking options you should turn everything off accept weapon and sheild, then use a mage arena wand and a mage arena book for the ultimate magic bonus, if you don't have these stake everything off unless staking a meleer.

Didnt mean to be too critical just a few suggestions on how to prove, 6/10 so far :mrgreen:

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

I'm sorry to say this.

I was a mage staker and i got cleaned for 70m+

If you say that it's profitable

I think this guide tells about tricking noobs with ancient, to farcast them and win pixelz

I'm sorry, but with your stats i guess you don't even know about mage staking.

Saradomin gwd drops: 6 Ss, 2 hilts.

Not a good guide.... 3/10

Your magic lvl is 72, so theres really no way you could have done ancients effectivly, and the information proves it(you dont have any info about fighting)

For armour, Im not sure why you have a iron defender, as mage/zammy boook would be better. TAKE EVERYTHING OFF exept weapon and possibly sheild slot, as people with armour(like d hide) will pwn you.

Im not sure how desert treasure gets you 30+ atk and str lvls, but Im pretty sure the prayer is 11 or 12.

For getting money, running nats is best way, you get money faster.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Horrible guide...

Mage staking is unique because there is very little luck involved - it is all about which rules you set, though you state that it is 50% luck. Your guide implies that you know nothing of which equipment to use or how to properly use obstacles to your advantage. I'm sorry I can't offer any constructive criticism without giving away any of my secrets... you'll have to research it yourself

77yLQy8.png

-3454353453458345734587345934053/10

tbh

Your a noob i'm sorry to say this.

72 mage. staking in armour.

I would clean you using fire blast armour on, ghostly, vs ahrims, master wand and mage's book?

I'm sure, i would stake my green hat agains't 500k cause i know i could win.

Muggi said, it all depends on the rules, techniques.

I guess your a world "everything exept 22 and 83" staker, and you stake higher levels to farcast, that's sad.

If you aren't that, sorry, but 1/10

Saradomin gwd drops: 6 Ss, 2 hilts.

Its not wonderfull, however its not really worth it to stake anymore due to that stupid 3k limit anyway :evil: .

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"