Why did the chicken cross the road?

Blarrrg

Andrew Gower's answer: Well, it's kind of a long story. We were having some problems with the friendserver, so I and Mod Tomd were having a looksee at the code, and we ran through it several times to see what the matter was. After cleaning it up to run more smoothly, we decided that we could handle people getting a new 50 or so entries into the friends list. So, we started playing with the code, and Mod Tomd decided he could just add a new variable called newmaxrange and set it to maxrange+50, but he didn't realize that it would affect not only the friendslist, but also all the other classes in the Java packages that make up RuneScape. So, what happened, is all the NPCs kept increasing their wandering ranges in an infinite loop, and some of the chickens started crossing roads all over the place. But Mod Tomd and I went right back to work fixing what we had messed up with a backup copy, and we were checking to make sure it's done right, which means you won't get any updates for a month or two, but it's okay because with a job like this you can never be too careful, and I'm sure you won't mind because its not like we were releasing anything of value anyway.

Happy Questing,

RuneScape Customer Support

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

I think this was posted a while back, but it's still funny. :)

My favorites are...

Sigmund Freud's Answer:

The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

Douglas Adams's Answer:

Forty-two.

Epicurus's Answer:

For fun.

Colonel Sanders' Answer:

I missed one?

:P

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Andrew Gower's answer: Well, it's kind of a long story. We were having some problems with the friendserver, so I and Mod Tomd were having a looksee at the code, and we ran through it several times to see what the matter was. After cleaning it up to run more smoothly, we decided that we could handle people getting a new 50 or so entries into the friends list. So, we started playing with the code, and Mod Tomd decided he could just add a new variable called newmaxrange and set it to maxrange+50, but he didn't realize that it would affect not only the friendslist, but also all the other classes in the Java packages that make up RuneScape. So, what happened, is all the NPCs kept increasing their wandering ranges in an infinite loop, and some of the chickens started crossing roads all over the place. But Mod Tomd and I went right back to work fixing what we had messed up with a backup copy, and we were checking to make sure it's done right, which means you won't get any updates for a month or two, but it's okay because with a job like this you can never be too careful, and I'm sure you won't mind because its not like we were releasing anything of value anyway.

Happy Questing,

RuneScape Customer Support

Best one! :lol:

ozXHe7P.png

O.J. Simpson's Answer:

It didn't. I was playing golf with it at the time.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

Thomas de Torquemada's Answer:

Give me ten minutes with the chicken and I'll find out.

Pat Buchanan's Answer:

To steal a job from a decent, hard-working American.

B.F. Skinner's Answer:

Because the external influences, which had pervaded its sensorium from birth, had caused it to develop in such a fashion that it would tend to cross roads, even while believing these actions to be of its own freewill.

(Couldn't resist posting that last one, I just had a biology test on the guy)

I think this was posted a while back, but it's still funny. :)

Colonel Sanders' Answer:

I missed one?

:P

Oh that was a good one! :lol:

classic.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.