70 crafting F2P

Moonshadow

Ok, I will clarify this, I am not insane!

So, I am going for 70 crafting F2P. I have heard that smelting silver ore into bars & tiaras is a good way to go.

I have also heard about people doing the bowl method.

Which one is better, and is the crafting guild or is al kaharid better for tiara making?

I might buy cowhides, but, I really don't want to shell out my money... I like to hoard it. But, I was thinking, maybe I could do cow hides here inside the guild. Would that be a good idea?

So, to put my random little thoughts into a simple comparison, which is better. The Bowl Method, Cowhides at the crafting guild, Tiaras at the crafting guild or tiaras at Al Kaharid?

tfssig.png

Here's a guide to crafting guild leather.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

-Personally ~ the crafting guild is too far away from the bank in falli, and crating tiaras isnt a bad idea, just it take forever to mine silver even with a high mining. I would buy cowhides, and make hard leather bodies which is good exp (about 40ea). making ammys is also a good way to make profits and pretty good exp. If u were P2P, you could make emerald rings then enchant them-Ring of Dueling-then sell for 2-4kea :XD:

good luck :thumbsup:

gl1111.png

ArchSupport.png

Its better than bowl method, especially if you have a decent combat.

Silver may be better, but its harder work and is very slow if your mining is not high.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

-Personally ~ the crafting guild is too far away from the bank in falli, and crating tiaras isnt a bad idea, just it take forever to mine silver even with a high mining. I would buy cowhides, and make hard leather bodies which is good exp (about 40ea). making ammys is also a good way to make profits and pretty good exp. If u were P2P, you could make emerald rings then enchant them-Ring of Dueling-then sell for 2-4kea :XD:

good luck :thumbsup:

Heh, it does take a bit of time. But, I am not shelling out tons of cash to buy cowhides. That would be a sinkhole for my cash. I am going to use all my cut gems for crafting. I have almost 200 sapphires, rubies and emeralds saved up for that. My diamond stash is being saved for 70 crafting. Thanks for the good luck, I will probably need it :lol:.

Its better than bowl method, especially if you have a decent combat.

Silver may be better, but its harder work and is very slow if your mining is not high.

I have 93 combat, (74 attack, 80 strength and 70 defence.) Also, I have a high mining (71 if you consider that high).

So, with my stats, what would be better?

Oh, how many bodies can I make with one spool of thread?

tfssig.png

Each thread lasts for 5 bodies.

2153_s.gif

userbar_full.png

I have tried every single one of those methods. I have made at least 5k tiara, a couple thosand bowls etc.

In the end I find hard leather bodies to be the best but I did buy them. If you are willing to put in the effort mining your own silver I would say that would be best for you. :)

Though you can always make more money through skills. Example mine gold or something, every ore = 5-6 cowhide. Basicallly I am saying do not gather your own hides if you want to do leather bodies, use your other skills.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

The best method, in my opinion is mining silver at the crafting guild, teleing to falador, stopping at the furnace on your way to the bank, smelting the bars, and then banking. Keep repeating til you have your desired amount of silver then go to al kharid and make them into tiaras. This is what im currently doing, as it will get me 70 mining/crafting and 60 smithing :thumbsup:

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

I actually got 70 crafting on f2p before I ever became a member, so this is definitely my area of expertise. My stats were also similar to yours when I trained my crafting to 70, including 71 mining.

I made hardleather bodies in the crafting guild and dropped them from 50-60, but that was very slow. Clay bowls in the guild is even slower! I tried buying silver ores and bars, but they were too expensive and hard to buy, so i mined 1k silver ores in the crafting guild and made tiaras. This was the slowest method so far!

Then I found a method that got me from 60-70 crafting in about a week, and earned me over a mil in gp \' . I world hopped in Al kharid, buying cowhides from people for up to 100 gp each. I bought about 30k of them for 3m, then tanned enough hard leather for 70 crafting. I crafted the hardleather bodies on the way back to the bank from the tanner (this was before craft x was given to hardleather, so it was faster exp back then). Then I sold the rest of the hides to members on the official forums for 150 gp each(maybe wait for grand exchange).

This was before the bank in lumbrige was added, so you may also want to try to buy hides from there also.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

I actually got 70 crafting on f2p before I ever became a member, so this is definitely my area of expertise. My stats were also similar to yours when I trained my crafting to 70, including 71 mining.

I made hardleather bodies in the crafting guild and dropped them from 50-60, but that was very slow. Clay bowls in the guild is even slower! I tried buying silver ores and bars, but they were too expensive and hard to buy, so i mined 1k silver ores in the crafting guild and made tiaras. This was the slowest method so far!

Then I found a method that got me from 60-70 crafting in about a week, and earned me over a mil in gp \' . I world hopped in Al kharid, buying cowhides from people for up to 100 gp each. I bought about 30k of them for 3m, then tanned enough hard leather for 70 crafting. I crafted the hardleather bodies on the way back to the bank from the tanner (this was before craft x was given to hardleather, so it was faster exp back then). Then I sold the rest of the hides to members on the official forums for 150 gp each(maybe wait for grand exchange).

This was before the bank in lumbrige was added, so you may also want to try to buy hides from there also.

I suggest to get Crafting 70 just when you become member, because really usefull usage or profit you don't get from it anyway, power ammies rare ppl buy and is not big money comparing with time & resources what you plan to use on it on F2P, in P2P you quick find much better method and maybye profitable ;)

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

I suggest to get Crafting 70 just when you become member, because really usefull usage or profit you don't get from it anyway, power ammies rare ppl buy and is not big money comparing with time & resources what you plan to use on it on F2P, in P2P you quick find much better method and maybye profitable ;)

I won't become a member. There is a better chance of hell freezing over twice and pigs flying around Chicago. But, I am not intending to sell these power amulets super fast. I will sell them slowly, over time.

tfssig.png

With crafting, you must allot some money to it or else it won't work. So sell your excess stuff for it.

Btw I too want 70 crafting too, however my plan is to get rid of my gems (2k+) for some decent money, then convert to cowhides > soft leather then make coifs (P2P) which is best exp for cowhides.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

I would suggest the crafting guild method as stated in one of the earlier replies. It is simple, effective, and will make 70 seem effortless. Well, as compared to 80. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Mine silver and make tiaras, that's how I got it years ago on F2p. Offcourse power ammies were still somewhat money back then, so I had a good reason to get it :P

Plus, mining will give you heaps of gems, which will help you as well. Just try to do it in stages, like: mine 500 ores, then smelt and make tiaras, that way it seems like it's a small goal ::'

Goodluck on it :thumbsup:

hmm, i had a goal, but to lvl 43

I went to these forums and bought all the silver bars i needed

then i crafted them to tiaras

heres where u can split

a) save tiaras for RC levelng

B) sell the tiaras on the runcrafting forums for about 100 ea

since u got gems, buy gold bars, they are cheaper, and is possible to make ammies that sell for some $$

leather is fast, but bad moneywise

another way thats cheap but rakes in a lot of $$$$$ is

to hang out at lumby/varrock general stores and buy

uncut gems, and silver bars

silver bars are cheaper than gold bars in general store

I myself am going for 70 crafting sooner or later, and I plan on using the silver ore-into silver bar- and then into tiara teqnique, since it gives mining xp, doesnt cost money to tan, is more xp, a lot less confusing, and possibly quicker.

Good luck! :D

postedimage.png

Shame Adam Rexic Shame....

Personally I was going for Crafting on P2P doing the Hide/Crafting Guild Strategy when I went off to go hunt. Then 0 0 Spec Aww sidetracked me and made me agilitize my self. Then I went slaying. Soon Ill be back to crafting.

Well Back on topic use the guide posted near the top.

Good Luck!

~Knotch_Blade

Ok, I timed these.

For the Cow Hide Method, I got:

-RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 875 crafting exp in 5mins 37secs. That's 9,347 exp/h. Estimated time to level up: 2hrs 22mins 54secs

For the Tiara Method, I got:

-RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 1,418 crafting exp in 10mins 49secs. That's 7,865 exp/h. Estimated time to level up: 2hrs 27mins 50secs

For each of these, I did one load. If anyone wants to do them more than one at a time, be my guest.

But, according to this, I do cow hides much faster.

tfssig.png