Should I still get Halo 3 for Chistmas?

Skill_Caster

Halo is a very opinionated game (as you might be able to see by the comments.) It's a usual love/hate relationship in which you usually fall hard for the game, or you just don't like it (and dislike it even more because of the hype attached to a Halo title.)

I can't help but write from a baised perspective since I'm definitely an addict of the game, but I can tell you several things about the game:

1) The game is not worth it unless you have Xbox Live.

Many people might argue differently, but the fact is there are far better single player games (Unless you have played the other Halo's and read the books, in which case the single player game acually becomes much more epic and understandable.)

2)The multiplayer has a large "learning curve" so to speak. Halo multiplayer is a blast, and can be incredibly exciting and fun... when you are good at it. Chances are when you first get the game and use Online Multiplayer you will get smoked. It takes a lot of time to get used to the multiplayer, and the competition is intense and usually very good. The good part about Halo 3 is that it's not as bad as Halo 2 because of the TrueSkill matching. Don't let that fool you however. This is often the deciding point as you might not have very much fun online for the first week until you get a lot better.

3) The game is well made, and has tons of replay value. I mean, you really can't argue that. Through all it's faults, Halo remains exceptional. Online Co-op for up to 4 players, Forge Mode (Multiplayer Editer- Turned into a game!), the Theatre/Saved Films, one of the best multiplayers of all time, a fun campaign with loads of easter eggs, and great graphics (If you have a good TV.)

You will have fun with the game if you give it enough time, and for all the games out there right now I think it is a good investment. That's my recommendation.

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

/me falls of chair.

Halo 3 is a heck of a lot more repetitive

What's with the blind hate? You ever played Halo 3?

Assassin's Creed has no multiplayer with a pretty linear gameplay.

Halo 3's main feature is online matchmaking. Can't even compare them.

onceiroseik5.png

/me falls of chair.

Completed it. And Assassins Creed.

/me falls of chair.

You "Completed" Halo 3? You have all achievements/medals/armor perms/ and Level 50? I only say this because I believe the debate here is about the re-playability, and you say it has very little when I believe is has quite a lot.

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

You "Completed" Halo 3? You have all achievements/medals/armor perms/ and Level 50? Impressive, what's your gamertag?

No need to be an [wagon], you knew what he meant.

Anyways I'm not getting into this one again.

I just read your other posts. You're a PS3 fanboy. No need to bother arguing.

:lol: :lol:

Right so a ps3 fan boy hates halo and doesn't own a ps3 but owns a 360 and absolutely hates ps3? right?

Only buy Halo if you plan on playing multiplayer. If you want good single player game, Half Life 2 and it's expansion packs are better. Halo's campaign isn't bad...it's just short and uninspired compared to the the plot of the first game...back when Halo had a thrilling plot and fresh gameplay...[/run-on sentence]

the original Halo? Thrilling plot? There wasn;t even a single, solid plot until "Two Betrayals"! It was still awesome, though...

Anyways, if you have followed the rest of the series, yes, get it, but I think you said you haven't, so no. I believe it is useless to get into a game at the end of the series, playing the end first.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Just beat assassins creed, and I definitely think you should get it, maybe buy halo 3 and assassins creed used?

It's extremely short though, and extremely easy [i only died 2 or so times throughout the whole game]. But it's definitely a new and innovative type of game. Yes, it is repetitive, but the whole type of gameplay is so new you won't mind it. Also the story situation is quite interesting.

You shouldn't miss out on either of the games.

Lol @ halo fanboys trying to assert their game is better when the 2 games are completely different...

happiehour.jpeg

it's my #1 favorite game :anxious: lol... multiplayer is the best... campaigne is ....alright i guess, but the multi player r0x0rs your b0x0rs (you too nadril)!

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great