Supposidly High Level Items Are Too Easily Accessible

Nugget89

I remember back in the day when having full rune meant something. A rune b axe used to cost 250k. In the beginning of RS, I've even heard that R2h's cost upwards of 1 mil. Now you look around and you see level 45-50's strutting around with one and having full rune do go along with it. For as hard as smithing is to train, it's not as though you get much money for it anymore. I'm not sure exactly how this could be fixed. Maybe there could be a minimum of 100k per rune armor item and weapon. It would be more expensive, but at least you wouldn't have to buy a mask or trimmed armor to prove you aren't a noob. Anyone else have any ideas?

1630201_f_m_1.jpg

124 Combat

Retired Echo of Silence Council

http://rseos.com/forums/

That's exactly what I'm saying. If you're f2p like I am, you almost have to buy god armor to not be noobish. What they need to do is either make something inbetween rune and dragon for f2p players or make dragon f2p and make an even more elite armor. Something has to be done. I don't like the fact that I had to pay almost 4 mil more for armor just because it has white on it.

1630201_f_m_1.jpg

124 Combat

yeah, its VERY annoying when somebody calls you a noob and you have nothing to prove it wrong.I use my money towards skills so its annoying when people call me a noob...ok maybe not because i DO have some expensive items but i see where your going.Now the only things that prove you arent a noob are things that add +1 defence, unless you have 40 mil, then you can bu something just a little bit better than rune to prove your not a noob.Yes, very annoying. :roll:

Ferahgo28.jpeg

GODSLAYER IS A PIXEL BEAST!

*Sigh* when will you all learn, im serious to prove to someone your not a noob just be the bigger person. You don't have to fight back (wow im being really hipocritic right now) just show them your best item or your money, for me even 15mil sometimes doesn't cut it but hey!!!As long as im happy with my character im fine.(As long as i can still open up a can in the wildy 8) )

Mocrank'd TBH

Proud member of TF

93/99 Range 95/99 Mage

106 CB atm m88888

Jagex never expected for RuneScape to get this big, and it shows.

My first good rune weapon was a battle axe. I mined for hours to collect the 1500 steel bars it cost me (1.5 mil then), I traded the bars to Patryn, who was Tyler's (one of the first rune smithers, forget his full RS name...Tyler0 or something..) merchant. I was like level 60 something, but that's because I mined a TON to get it, I had full rune at level 39 because I mined to 60 mining and sold ores...I was a good noob. :P

My point is, yea, something should be done. Why? Because 99 smithing, at it's cheapest, costs 36 million gp to get from level 15. I'd love to see a lot of 99 smithers make that 36 million back now adays..

However, rune smithers seem to get good money, but nothing like what they spent. They trade rune for tons of different items for other skills, and you don't see that type of thing with other skills..

I don't think 2h's should be like, 1 mil, like they were, but things like that should be worth a few hundred thousand gp. Fair enough.

Jagex will fix it. They eventually fix everything that people whine about for long enough.

Jagex never expected for RuneScape to get this big, and it shows.

My first good rune weapon was a battle axe. I mined for hours to collect the 1500 steel bars it cost me (1.5 mil then), I traded the bars to Patryn, who was Tyler's (one of the first rune smithers, forget his full RS name...Tyler0 or something..) merchant. I was like level 60 something, but that's because I mined a TON to get it, I had full rune at level 39 because I mined to 60 mining and sold ores...I was a good noob. :P

My point is, yea, something should be done. Why? Because 99 smithing, at it's cheapest, costs 36 million gp to get from level 15. I'd love to see a lot of 99 smithers make that 36 million back now adays..

However, rune smithers seem to get good money, but nothing like what they spent. They trade rune for tons of different items for other skills, and you don't see that type of thing with other skills..

I don't think 2h's should be like, 1 mil, like they were, but things like that should be worth a few hundred thousand gp. Fair enough.

Jagex will fix it. They eventually fix everything that people whine about for long enough.

meh, i hope

However, rune smithers seem to get good money, but nothing like what they spent.

Did you somehow get the notion that every person who makes an investment should always be guaranteed a return on that investment??

If you really do suffer from this illusion...I welcome you to the real world.

And yes...as the RuneScape economy grows it will start to behave more and more like the real world. The larger a market is, the more consistantly and efficiently it will balance itself out.

That's the way it is. The hand-wringers here would do themselves a favor to understand it, accept it...and get on with working with it.

And above all, enjoy the game!

Even if rune items were say 50k bar, the smiths wouldnt make anymore money than they do now , simply because rune ore prices would go up accordingly and would be 45-47.5k a ore.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

Even if rune items were say 50k bar, the smiths wouldnt make anymore money than they do now , simply because rune ore prices would go up accordingly and would be 45-47.5k a ore.

Well, one would naturally assume that if someone could smith rune, they could probably mine it as well, seeing as how mining is about 100x easier to train than smithing. Even if they couldn't originally, it wouldn't take them too awfully long to xp until 85. Therefore, they would be making more money.

124 Combat

well, rune armor only requires 40 defense. so i wouldnt call it a high lvl item, unless ur talking about smithing it. but you make a good point. Also, a factor u left out, a lot of "low lvls" have mains in which they transfer goods. And rune armor is very cheap, mainly because that is what people are going to buy for. I dont think it will change

knightsoforderse9.png

There are no high level items!

Rune only requires level 40 stats (noobish), and dragon only level 60 stats, which is mid-range level, not high level.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

how could you put a minimum price for rune items? the only way to do it would be to raise the shop price for those items. that way instead of bothering to find a buyer, smithees could just high alc the goods they make, thusly if you wanted the item from the smithee you would have to pay more than the alc price...

but of course this wuld just increase inflation, as it would mean a whole lot more money would be coming into the game (youre saying hundreds of thousands per item) with the sale to NPCs with still no real way that the currency is going out.

the only way i see to fix THAT problem would then be to increase the price of smithing the rune items - chances to succeed? disposable smithing equipment such as one use rune hammers? but then what happens? the profit made by smithees is reduced again, and who loses? the consumer who is now paying 100k + for his rune items.

anyway, the fixes to inflation on smithees are probably too late as there are probably people with huge stockpiles of rune armour and weapons who would just cash in and high alc everything they werent using. not to mention that doesnt place any check on people that find rune items.

unless there is some other way to magically force people to sell at different prices? ask them nicely?

Times change. Get used to it and keep playing or don't and quit.

That argument is patently ludicrous. Games always need improvement. There will always be things that will be wrong. If you don't talk about how to fix these problems, nothing will ever get better. If you haven't noticed, that's what this entire section of the forum is for. Would you make that same argument for every suggestion that is made? That seems rather implausible, but whatever. If you find the idea of discussing the game and suggesting changes so idiotic, why are you even in this section of the forums?

Idiot.

124 Combat

That's exactly what I'm saying. If you're f2p like I am, you almost have to buy god armor to not be noobish. What they need to do is either make something inbetween rune and dragon for f2p players or make dragon f2p and make an even more elite armor. Something has to be done. I don't like the fact that I had to pay almost 4 mil more for armor just because it has white on it.

1630201_f_m_1.*Format%20disabled%20due%20to%20security%20reasons*

Dude, we pay to wear the dragon armor, be happy jagex gives you more updates, back in runescape clasic free only had bronze arrows and normal bows, now you got almust al bows and arrows. And you f2p guys only ask for more, just pay then you get more. omg just gona pay, 5 bucks aint that much

1630201_f_m_1.*Format%20disabled%20due%20to%20security%20reasons*

Dude, we pay to wear the dragon armor, be happy jagex gives you more updates, back in runescape clasic free only had bronze arrows and normal bows, now you got almust al bows and arrows. And you f2p guys only ask for more, just pay then you get more. omg just gona pay, 5 bucks aint that much

u are lucky you are saying this AFTER the addy arrows update. otherwise i would have flamed you big time!

ill explain:

back in rsc we f2pers had only bronze arrows but

(yes ready very carefully) with those BRONZE arrows (which only costed 10-20 each i think) you could hit as much as STEEL arrows now.

so what did we f2pers got?

just some arrows which look better, but are just more EXPENSIVE.

yeah, thats what we got, more expenses for the SAME result...

however, with the addy arrows, it has changed