Hawthorne Heights guitarist Casey Calvert died :'(

Plugpoint

Hawthorne Heights guitarist Casey Calvert, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene on Saturday after police were called to the band's tour bus outside Washington, D.C.'s 9:30 Club around 2:30 p.m. and found him unconscious. The Washington Post reported that Calvert's death came one day after he and his bandmates boarded the bus to begin their Wintour 2007 outing, which kicked off Friday night in Detroit. Police are awaiting results of an autopsy.

On the group's Web site, fellow band members announced the death of their "quirky and awesome best friend," who they said had "passed away in his sleep."

"Today is probably the worst day ever," the group wrote. "It's with our deepest regrets that we have to write this. Casey Calvert passed away in his sleep last night. We found out this afternoon before sound-check. We've spent the entire day trying to come to grips with this and figure out as much as possible. At this time we're not sure what exactly happened. Just last night he was joking around with everyone before he went to bed. We can say with absolute certainty that he was not doing anything illegal. Please, out of respect to Casey and his family, don't contribute or succumb to any gossip you may hear. We don't want his memory to be tainted in the least. Casey was our best friend. He was quirky and awesome and there will truly be no others like him! His loss is unexplainable. As soon as we know more we will let you know. Sincerely, Hawthorne Heights: Eron, JT, Micah and Matt."

I'm not really a fan of Hawthorne Heights but this has shocked me.

R.I.P. Casey

If anyone has any thoughts or anything they'd like to say - as long as it's nice - post here.

Plugpoint92 :(

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

"Today is probably the worst day ever,"

:?

Sorry to see him go, but after reading that I think the band members are trying to cover him or are not telling us something. :-k

:shock: !

If your best friend died - someone you'd been working with on a day to day basis in your dream job, someone who you'd known since high school, someone who had been there for you throughout everything you've gone through since - then I think YOU would probably class it as the worst day ever.

Idk how you can class that as 'trying to cover him or not telling us something.'

Plugpoint92.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

No, the way they said it. "This is probably the worst day ever." Probably. Seems a bit odd to me.

They really stressed the fact that it had nothing to do with anything illegal, and this death happened only two days ago. Rumors about this are commonly spread in two days? Have any of you heard of any gossip about this? It seems suspicious that they added that bit.

Rumors about this are commonly spread in two days?

You're right on track to spreading a rumor yourself (about them lying).

Well, it still seems weird that they wrote that. And all I was doing was thinking that they might be lying about something. That's not a bad thing, really.

Rumors about this are commonly spread in two days?

You're right on track to spreading a rumor yourself (about them lying).

Well, it still seems weird that they wrote that. And all I was doing was thinking that they might be lying about something. That's not a bad thing, really.

Stop over-analyzing; it doesn't matter. This is how silly conspiracy theories are created.

Not a big fan of their music, but it's always sad to see another young (or old) musician pass away, so RIP nonetheless.

2009rb9.jpg

Yargh, if anybody has read that last bit I just posted: I didn't mean to post that. Seriously. I was in a rush.

I didn't really mean to post that part about the gossip and rumor thing anyway. I was just saying that it was awkward that they said that, and that they might be hiding something. Sorry.