Falsely reported!

Paaaaarker

ok, so i was on my lvl3 skiller, and i was mining and so guy was like 'reported' when i walked by, so i said why?

and he said i was autoing! i was like what?! im talking to you for chrissake!

Also, whenever i asked him why, he kept saying i was autoing, and i was like you noob! no! im talking! omg!

and i dont even look like most autoers! my clothes are dark green and i have red hair!

I was dude? why would report me?! there was no reason, im so angry, i really didn't want to be reported for something i havent done! i really hope i dont get banned or muted or anything.

Anyone else ever been reported for autoing when you're on your skiller? or for some blatantly stupid thing?

What are your stats/money? Just out of interest.

You won't get banned.

When the report team review it (which probably won't happen for ages since they must be so backlogged), it will just be ignored.

The guy who reported you has more chance of getting banned.

spacescenev24.jpg

Don't worry, if anyone will get in trouble it will be him for abusing the system.

Well, before we jump to any conclusions about this guy abusing the system I have a few question for Paaaaarker. Whats your skillers name, were you ignoring everybody, did he ask you questions that you just ignored, and were you really paying attention to your file? Not that I believe you weren't, its just I've reported people with names that are steriotypical of a macro, who I questioned for about a minute, and made sure they could hear me, and then about two minutes after I report them they ask me, "Why would you report me?" Then when I explain it to them they just say, "You never talked to me noob, reported." And I've never got a black mark, so if you did something like this(which I'm not saying you did) then nothing should happen to the guy that reported you.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

Remember that many people like to have their chat settings to "Off". Although you may not have had it off, you are under no obligation to talk to someone either. Unfortunately, some people don't take this into consideration, and jump to conclusions quickly. :(

If this player reported you for no reason, nothing will happen to you, whereas the player who reported you may have action taken against them for Misuse of Customer Support.

Another thing to consider is that some people only say "Reported", to try and worry you. A key thing is that if you know you haven't done anything wrong, then you don't need to worry at all. :)

Don't worry, if anyone will get in trouble it will be him for abusing the system.

Well, before we jump to any conclusions about this guy abusing the system I have a few question for Paaaaarker. Whats your skillers name, were you ignoring everybody, did he ask you questions that you just ignored, and were you really paying attention to your file? Not that I believe you weren't, its just I've reported people with names that are steriotypical of a macro, who I questioned for about a minute, and made sure they could hear me, and then about two minutes after I report them they ask me, "Why would you report me?" Then when I explain it to them they just say, "You never talked to me noob, reported." And I've never got a black mark, so if you did something like this(which I'm not saying you did) then nothing should happen to the guy that reported you.

My skilers name is Blaring mute, i made him 4 days ago, so his stats arent high, but theyre around 40.

I was walking to the varry mining site, and he just said reported, didnt even talk to me, i was just walking by to mine.

And i asked him why, and he said i was an autoer, and i was talking to him after he reported me for just walking to mine.

And he still accused me of being an autoer!

My skilers name is Blaring mute, i made him 4 days ago, so his stats arent high, but theyre around 40.

I was walking to the varry mining site, and he just said reported, didnt even talk to me, i was just walking by to mine.

And i asked him why, and he said i was an autoer, and i was talking to him after he reported me for just walking to mine.

Well if he was still accusing you, the best thing to do was to ignore them. :)

It seems like what he's trying to do is get you to retaliate in a way which would be breaking other rules. People like that just aren't worth the time or effort.

Then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. And he probably has a pretty high chance of getting a black mark when his report is reviewed.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

I've had worse.

A player called me a bot, despite my telling him that I'm not a bot, pointing also to the fact that my firemaking was ranked. He said that bots were apparently smart enough to hold conversations. Apparently, the fact that I had a decent firemaking and bots don't train firemaking didn't mean anything. #-o

Just ignore him and continue on your way.

I've had worse.

A player called me a bot, despite my telling him that I'm not a bot, pointing also to the fact that my firemaking was ranked. He said that bots were apparently smart enough to hold conversations. Apparently, the fact that I had a decent firemaking and bots don't train firemaking didn't mean anything. #-o

Just ignore him and continue on your way.

i told him bots dont mine, and he was like theres auto miner, and i was you noob, no one uses auto miner.

It's also lame when they see the name of the player in question, IE `Blaring Mute' or `De Rich Hobo' and not realize that this person is NOT a bot. -.-

i Know! bots names are like yh123 and yh124... etc...

Or when you dont even look like bots! you have a sense of fashion(somewhat) and a full head of hair!

jeez. i also hate it when ppl call you froobs when you pwn them at being right.

Well, people will be people. We just learn to deal with them.

Oddly enough, haven't had to deal with these kind of people for a while :anxious:

i guess its just the f2p worlds.

i get called a noob atleast 3 times an hour... which might not seem like much, but i play in worlds will 1000 or lower players so its quite often.

But i find it nicer to play with 'noobs' than with people who are more experienced. i have made 3 or 4 friends just by being nice to the new players, and i really enjoy their company over the higher lvl players.

I'm sure that a lot of people do not know what an autoer/macroer is. I think that their opinion is that anyone who is doing a repetative task, like mining, and ignoring them is one.

I am combat lev 110 with all skills in the range 68-80 and have still been (allegedly) reported for macroing simply because i did not talk :wall:

I'm sure that a lot of people do not know what an autoer/macroer is. I think that their opinion is that anyone who is doing a repetative task, like mining, and ignoring them is one.

I am combat lev 110 with all skills in the range 68-80 and have still been (allegedly) reported for macroing simply because i did not talk :wall:

Ow.... hope you dont get banned! but when i got reported i hadnt seen the person who reported me before... he didnt even try to start a conversation.

I am level 3 too and I was falsely reported for autoing. Except the person who did it to me was totally silent about it so I had no chance to counter-report for customer support abuse. I was permanently banned. I had to explain to Jagex through appeal how I wasn't a bot and it was thankfully successful.