items harder to sell now? or just a hype?

ixfd64

Does anyone else find items harder to sell now since the release of the GE? A few days ago, I was about to sell 50k mithril bolts for about 130 GP each rather quickly. However, I put 9k mithril bolts in the GE last night and checked today, and there were no buyers.

The same goes for rune arrows. I've always sold them pretty easily, but I put some of them in the GE for 400 each, and again, there were no buyers. I tookt hem out and started selling manually, and I immediately got a guy who bought 100 for 40k.

Is this just a hype because everyone is still trying out the GE? Or have items actually become harder to sell now?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It fluctuates. There are plenty of times on the forums where I was completely unable to sell stuff, I would give up and leave the thread. Then suddenly when I came back after half an hour or so, people were fighting to try and buy from me. GE is no different, you can't always expect insta-delivery.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Every1 is selling at the GE and no one is buying. Just let it get on track.

Edit:

Ugh... How many times does this point have to be brought out? Right now everyone is trying to sell all the stuff in their bank which results in everyone selling and no one wanting to buy. Give the G.E. a chance to stabalize.

What he said

sal550.png

signa2.pngMSSW3-Banner.gif

Buyin 3k pure ess.PM or post here if selling

Ugh... How many times does this point have to be brought out? Right now everyone is trying to sell all the stuff in their bank which results in everyone selling and no one wanting to buy. Give the G.E. a chance to stabalize.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Before GE almost everyone had a ton of stuff in their banks that they couldn't be bothered to sell because it just takes too long. Now that there is an easy way to sell said items, everyone is unloading. Once most of these "bank junk" items have changed hands to those who actually have use for them, it will slow down.

You are struggling to sell you items for a couple of reasons, the first.

1. More people are selling items than buying items in this intial period of the ge.

2. The GE is biased to take into account the demand side only, not the supply, by this is mean, sellers are forced to sell @ the lowest prices, as they do now know how much of a good is actually for sale.

3. Unless you sell your item at the bottom price, almost gaurenteed it won't sell in the current market.

pocket_0aces.png

It's very simple. Jagex has implemented price controls, so buyers are not free to offer below a certain price. As soon as all the buyers who want to buy at Jagex's minimum have their orders filled, nobody else can sell until either more buyers willing to overpay show up, or Jagex lowers the minimums.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

3. Unless you sell your item at the bottom price, almost guaranteed it won't sell in the current market.

Not true. Nats were like this the first day; everyone was selling for the rock bottom price of 280 ea, then the next day it was 270 ea... but the lowest that day was 264 ea. Today the median price is 271 ea, and that's what everyone is selling them for. Prices WILL stabilize once they get down to their market equilibrium, some will just take longer than others because quite frankly some of Jagex's prices weren't even close...

It's very simple. Jagex has implemented price controls, so buyers are not free to offer below a certain price. As soon as all the buyers who want to buy at Jagex's minimum have their orders filled, nobody else can sell until either more buyers willing to overpay show up, or Jagex lowers the minimums.

There is no price minimum/maximum on the forum prices therefore this is hardly a price control. It's just an estimate.

I really don't like this idea of jagex trying to control the trades. I would be willing to agree IF and ONLY IF trading from player to player was removed. Now, since that is not the case, there is no evidence that jagex is trying to control prices. They just want to keep GE a stable place.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

There is no price minimum/maximum on the forum prices therefore this is hardly a price control. It's just an estimate.

But he was talking about the GE.

I really don't like this idea of jagex trying to control the trades. I would be willing to agree IF and ONLY IF trading from player to player was removed. Now, since that is not the case, there is no evidence that jagex is trying to control prices. They just want to keep GE a stable place.

Well, making it so hardly anyone can trade will keep it stable. :)

If you think it's bad now, just wait until the next major update. The GE is going to cause lots of people to get ripped off, and smart merchants to get rich.

Ranarrs were at estimated 7600 at first, (which was fine for me, I sold at 8k when demand was high =) ), but dropped to almost 6900 by yesterday. They've gone up a bit, juuust under 7k (6993), and around 7k-7.1k-7.2k I suspect they'll settle.

Everything is dropping in price. I just bought 100 prayer pot (4)'s for 7k each -- no joke.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Hmm, I lowered the mithril botls to 125 GP each and still got no buyers. I'm going to further lower it to 120 and see what happens.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

are you kidding me? :? the GE makes items much more easier to sell. i got rid of almost all my unwanted junk from my bank for a decent amount of cash. who buys dagannoth bones??? with the GE sold it for a nice amount when i was gonna bury them. ::'

Does anyone else find items harder to sell now since the release of the GE? A few days ago, I was about to sell 50k mithril bolts for about 130 GP each rather quickly. However, I put 9k mithril bolts in the GE last night and checked today, and there were no buyers.

The same goes for rune arrows. I've always sold them pretty easily, but I put some of them in the GE for 400 each, and again, there were no buyers. I tookt hem out and started selling manually, and I immediately got a guy who bought 100 for 40k.

Is this just a hype because everyone is still trying out the GE? Or have items actually become harder to sell now?

sold 2k rune arrows within an hour of posting them in the GE tonight, have sold over 27 mil worth of items since GE opened, and bought a few toys as well...love it love it, oooh as I typed this, I got two more "You have items waiting in your Grand Exchange collection box" wooooooooooot! \'

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

are you kidding me? :? the GE makes items much more easier to sell. i got rid of almost all my unwanted junk from my bank for a decent amount of cash. who buys dagannoth bones??? with the GE sold it for a nice amount when i was gonna bury them. ::'

It makes some things easier to sell IF you are lucky enough to hit the items that are not deadlocked. Most items are.

signew2.png

What price did you sell the rune arrows at? I tried 400 each before the maximum market price dropped to 399, and got no buyers.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

What price did you sell the rune arrows at? I tried 400 each before the maximum market price dropped to 399, and got no buyers.

I am all about moving items, I don't obsess about price, as a full time slayer, items rain from the sky for me to sell hehe.

I put them in at the middle price for about 15 mins, came back thru and lowered them to the lowest price, and they were gone 5 mins or so later.

When buying items, I put in for middle price, and if I dont get an immediate sale, I move it to max as to quibble over a few 100k is trivial.

lord+krohn.png

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

It makes some things easier to sell IF you are lucky enough to hit the items that are not deadlocked. Most items are.

What the heck are you talking about? I got rid of most of the "hard to sell" items in my bank very easily. The only one I can't get rid of is the left half. Some of the items took a long time, but they did eventually sell. And I didn't have to lift a finger to do it...

Edit: Nevermind... I just sold the left half for 631k :-s I thought they were worth a LOT less than that.

I wonder what the heck you guys are selling. I can't get anything to move, no matter how low the prices seem to go.

Granted, I'm trying to sell lower food chain pots right now, but I haven't gotten any bites with duelling rings, power ammys, full green dhide sets, etc. All pretty commonly in demand prices that are quite a bit lower than what I usually get for them.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? Besides lowering the price, as they are already set at the allowed minimum.

I could of course just pull everything and do some shopping instead.

"Duty, then, is the sublimest word in the English language. If I do my full duty, the rest will take care of itself." ~ Robert E. Lee

gz_sijan.png

I wonder what the heck you guys are selling. I can't get anything to move, no matter how low the prices seem to go.

Granted, I'm trying to sell lower food chain pots right now, but I haven't gotten any bites with duelling rings, power ammys, full green dhide sets, etc. All pretty commonly in demand prices that are quite a bit lower than what I usually get for them.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? Besides lowering the price, as they are already set at the allowed minimum.

yup, probably the problem. I threw in 500 games necklaces, and 400 duel rings at lowest price....nothing .....whips and darkbows flew as soon as I put them in, treasure trail items such as blessed dragonhides, robin etc...*poof* sold.....took out the pots, and jewelry. I have 5k bloods up, they havent moved either, but eventually they will, and it beats surfing the forums to sell.

lord+krohn.png

yup, probably the problem. I threw in 500 games necklaces, and 400 duel rings at lowest price....nothing .....whips and darkbows flew as soon as I put them in, treasure trail items such as blessed dragonhides, robin etc...*poof* sold.....took out the pots, and jewelry. I have 5k bloods up, they havent moved either, but eventually they will, and it beats surfing the forums to sell.

Things I have sold almost immediately after I put them up:

Coal, iron, whips, crushed bird nests, and dragon arrows. All set at rock bottom prices.

Items sold but took quite a while: Blood runes, sold 2k at rock bottom price, but took quite a while.

Items been on for days, and no takers: Maple logs (these will not move ever I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think lolz), Fire runes at 10gpea (same deal).

Summary: High use items will sell fast at GE, low use ones will not! Post the ones that donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t sell on RSOF etc at prices lower than GE if you are desperate to sell them, otherwise wait til the minimum price drops and repost them.

Trick: If you can figure out the timing of JagexÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s price drops, you should repost immediately after it. That way your goods will be the first to sell at the new price.

i used to be able to sell g pl8s for 170k (really really high), but now i cant even sell for 120k. :( looks like my investment was a mistake. on the bright side, makes selling stuff like duels and single pots, as opposed to spending hours in varrock selling to people who only want 1 :) still takes 4ever, though

The force is strong in this one. He has skill. He might even be able to defeat Chuck Norris in a fist fight.