Lock please

bubbyjoe2

Possibly, I kinda liked the old one. Reminded me of a train station. Oh and bubbly, can you get back to me on the exploration stuff I sent you so far?

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly, I kinda liked the old one. Reminded me of a train station. Oh and bubbly, can you get back to me on the exploration stuff I sent you so far?

Yes, I've read about it, and I'll send you my feedback ASAP.

P.S. It's bubby, not bubbly.

Hey, hey, thread owner, over here, I have something to point out.

Instead of making the game alot slower by having big express trains running around on runescape, perhaps make it so you can make narrow gauge engines, ya know, the small trains that run on a smaller track? They're pretty small and don't lag the game at all.

Or, another suggestion is there is a members only area where theres a large mountain full of resources like wood, and ores and animals. You could create a new narrow gauge rolling stock called "uncovered box car" in which you can fill them with animals, wood, or ores, and you can use your train to pull them around. The jungle is too rugged though, so you can only get to these places with your narrow gauge train, not on feet.

Hey, hey, thread owner, over here, I have something to point out.

Instead of making the game alot slower by having big express trains running around on runescape, perhaps make it so you can make narrow gauge engines, ya know, the small trains that run on a smaller track? They're pretty small and don't lag the game at all.

Or, another suggestion is there is a members only area where theres a large mountain full of resources like wood, and ores and animals. You could create a new narrow gauge rolling stock called "uncovered box car" in which you can fill them with animals, wood, or ores, and you can use your train to pull them around. The jungle is too rugged though, so you can only get to these places with your narrow gauge train, not on feet.

These trains are about 1.7 times as tall as your character, not that large.

The idea of making a large, resource rich, accessible by train only area sounds good, and I'm already creating a concept like that with FalconBomba. However, the resources there would have to be pretty dang good (Such as Runite or Dragonhides) for people to want to use them.

The new car isn't a good idea, however, because it would make the resources too easy to ship. It also wouldn't be easy to transport actual monsters as a group of players could "steal" the monsters leaving the actual resource gatherers with nothing to use.

Also, thanks for the productive imput.

Railways came in way after the middle ages, and I doubt they'll bring in any more in other than the track to Keldagrim. Also, out of all the possible skills they could choose, I doubt this would be high up on the list. I'm sorry, I just don't see the point of this suggestion. There are plenty (if not too many) ways to get around in the game and I doubt we need another one that goes between major cities.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

umm is everyone forgetting the railway in another slice of ham?

Yes, but you don't actually get to see the entire ride on the train.

I can see this update, were it implemented, being a try it and drop it, one of those things where people try it once, say "nice concept, but too inconvenient", then stop using it creating a barren wasteland wherever the update was.

Trains, if made somewhat similar to real life, would be too resource consuming to make them a useful form of transportation, as opposed to say teleportation which works fine.

I'm sure that the high demand for food in F2P would keep people using the trains, especially from Port Sarim to Draynor. And the skillers don't want to raise their magic to teleport. Some non-magic pures may also like this update because the track runs from Lumbridge to Edgeville, giving them a quick and cheap ticket to the Wilderness.

Or you could have a special underwater track going from Karamja to, say, Falador...

Edit: I support Whole heartedly! Now all runescape needs is its own version of Jurrasic Park!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

umm is everyone forgetting the railway in another slice of ham?

Yes, but you don't actually get to see the entire ride on the train.

I can see this update, were it implemented, being a try it and drop it, one of those things where people try it once, say "nice concept, but too inconvenient", then stop using it creating a barren wasteland wherever the update was.

Trains, if made somewhat similar to real life, would be too resource consuming to make them a useful form of transportation, as opposed to say teleportation which works fine.

I'm sure that the high demand for food in F2P would keep people using the trains, especially from Port Sarim to Draynor. And the skillers don't want to raise their magic to teleport. Some non-magic pures may also like this update because the track runs from Lumbridge to Edgeville, giving them a quick and cheap ticket to the Wilderness.

Or you could have a special underwater track going from Karamja to, say, Falador...

Edit: I support Whole heartedly! Now all runescape needs is its own version of Jurrasic Park!

I hope that isn't sarcasm... -.-

I think it is Bubby, and the narrow gauge is a good idea in my opinion to be less space, maybe a normal gauge would be used to get to the exploration areas though as they would need more power...

WE NEED MORE SUPPORT and POSTS HERE! (For all I've posted I should be worth like 5 supports...)

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

I think it is Bubby, and the narrow gauge is a good idea in my opinion to be less space, maybe a normal gauge would be used to get to the exploration areas though as they would need more power...

WE NEED MORE SUPPORT and POSTS HERE! (For all I've posted I should be worth like 5 supports...)

Well, It would make more sense in my opinion to make the whole system narrow gauge, to save even more space. Also the use of normal gauge in unsettled areas wouldn't make sense as the areas are less developed than the areas near Varrock, Falador, etc.

I am almost completed with the maps of the railroad network, both F2P and P2P, and will be adding them soon.

And to the people who just say, "This is a bad idea" Or "It's laggy/F2P" You are making no real contributions to the thread. I'd like to know why it would lag, why it shouldn't be added to F2P,(Not the "We Pay" things) and how it can be fixed. I would also like to thank the people again who are helping to make this a better suggestion. (Even if they didn't support)

I'm fairly sure at first glance, people think this is just a nooby post who wants to severly strain the technology of the Runescape content. That isn't true at all.

Railways came in way after the middle ages, and I doubt they'll bring in any more in other than the track to Keldagrim. Also, out of all the possible skills they could choose, I doubt this would be high up on the list. I'm sorry, I just don't see the point of this suggestion. There are plenty (if not too many) ways to get around in the game and I doubt we need another one that goes between major cities.

It doesn't matter when trains were made. For the 5th time, RUNESCAPE IS NOT MIDEIVAL. IT IS FANTASY WHICH MEANS ANYTHING CAN BE ADDED.

Also, this, in a sense, increases your inventory 10x. It can also deliver tem to nearby banks and at a fast pace.

The major point here is to utilize far away resource locations that currently are too slow to be profitable.

Well Bubby you have made an awesome Suggestion.

Just reading it makes me think of all the benefits it would have, and how much of a great update it would be if Jagex actually did implement it.

You got my 100% support on this mate.

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

It doesn't matter when trains were made. For the 5th time, RUNESCAPE IS NOT MEDIEVAL. IT IS FANTASY WHICH MEANS ANYTHING CAN BE ADDED.

Also, this, in a sense, increases your inventory 10x. It can also deliver tem to nearby banks and at a fast pace.

The major point here is to utilize far away resource locations that currently are too slow to be profitable.

They make them far away for a good reason. Isn't it obvious why resources such as rune rocks are so far from the bank, and the wilderness has so many coal and higher level ore mining spots? It's to make you put more effort into getting them and to keep the prices relatively high and therefore keep the economy stable. My main point was in fact that we don't really need another major transport system, we already have plenty. And please don't flame me, I was only giving constructive criticism.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

It doesn't matter when trains were made. For the 5th time, RUNESCAPE IS NOT MEDIEVAL. IT IS FANTASY WHICH MEANS ANYTHING CAN BE ADDED.

They make them far away for a good reason. Isn't it obvious why resources such as rune rocks are so far from the bank, and the wilderness has so many coal and higher level ore mining spots? It's to make you put more effort into getting them and to keep the prices relatively high and therefore keep the economy stable. My main point was in fact that we don't really need another major transport system, we already have plenty. And please don't flame me, I was only giving constructive criticism.

Well, F2P really needs this. It's very slow to move around in it, but the railroads are limited. Unlike horses, which are bound to be Members Only, Trains are, "You HAVE to go here. You HAVE to go there". But horses, on the other hand, you probably can go pretty much anywhere you want on them.

Also, the price of Runite is that because of what it can make, not how hard it is to obtain.

[hide=Quote Train]

Well, F2P really needs this. It's very slow to move around in it, but the railroads are limited. Unlike horses, which are bound to be Members Only, Trains are, "You HAVE to go here. You HAVE to go there". But horses, on the other hand, you probably can go pretty much anywhere you want on them.

Also, the price of Runite is that because of what it can make, not how hard it is to obtain.

[/hide]

Uh really? Consider how big the f2p world is compared to the members world. When I was f2p (and believe me I was for nearly 2 years) I found I could to just about anywhere fine using the 3 teleports. The only exception to that was the high level wilderness, except I never did a huge amount of pking. And where did the idea of horses come from? JaGex have stated that horses would be complex and difficult to do, I've seen no plans for them or even well reasoned arguments why they should be released. And I was using runite as an example. Yes, the price is kept moderately high because it's a reasonable inexpensive armour (compared to other types), but if runite was available to mine in locations closer to banks and there were more rocks, the price would probably fall quite a bit.

I'm sorry, but I still fail to see the point in this suggestion. I doubt people would want to wait a while for a train to arrive and then take them to their destination when for the sake of using a few runes or a piece of enchanted jewellery they could get there much quicker.

draciontheman.png

Something to consider:

First of all, this would be too hard to display . RS is based on "squares" You can only walk horizontally and vertically.

Ex,

A.B

C.D

Say you are in spot A and you want to go to D, the only way possible is to first enter B or C.

So bascially im saying that you would need to have it so that trains cannot turn.

Suggestion:Cut half those cities off and make it so that only cities that are abled to be traveled in a straight line can do this.

Or

Make the trains underground and get rid of the jump option.

Second of all: Why would you need a car to hold all your raw materials? Why would you want to move 5 iron ores from varrock to fally? Just go to the bank to withdraw, that's why we have a universal bank. That means there's no need for those cars to transport raw materials.

Next: Trains don't fit the theme of RS. Over 80% of the people here think this. If you were to ask the whole population of RS + the jagex staff, they would say this as well.

So what im saying is that overall, people don't really think this is going to work.

Then: If you are only going to lay 1 track(per direction), wouldn't you have to wait for that one car to complete its journey before you can start your journey? If your consider a long-haul route you would have to wait quite a while. It's going to be awfully slow training this skill.

Suggestion: Make an area with multiple tracks(somewhere where nobody goes, or make on that just goes underneath the ocean) where people can practice for purely xp. Im thinking about 5-6 tracks, that should be enough.

Finally: The graphical part + train speed.

How fast would the trains go? 2 squares per second? 3 squares? 4?

You said that you wanted people to see what was happening outside at that certain time. That is going to be very very hard for someone to create.

And what about if your on the outside looking at a train. It's going to be very werid. The train is going to move 4-5 squaures, then lag for a bit, then move again.

The graphical part is the most troublesome part and the only way to get rid of this is if you make it underground.

magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

Something to consider:

First of all, this would be too hard to display . RS is based on "squares" You can only walk horizontally and vertically.

Ex,

A.B

C.D

Say you are in spot A and you want to go to D, the only way possible is to first enter B or C. That's not true, you can move diagonally.

So bascially im saying that you would need to have it so that trains cannot turn.

Suggestion:Cut half those cities off and make it so that only cities that are abled to be traveled in a straight line can do this.

Or

Make the trains underground and get rid of the jump option.

Second of all: Why would you need a car to hold all your raw materials? Why would you want to move 5 iron ores from varrock to fally? Just go to the bank to withdraw, that's why we have a universal bank. That means there's no need for those cars to transport raw materials. You're right, major cities won't really need freight service, but they will need passenger service. Areas like the Lumbridge west mine, Port Sarim, Rimmington, and Logger's Island(will be added soon) need both.

Next: Trains don't fit the theme of RS. Over 80% of the people here think this. If you were to ask the whole population of RS + the jagex staff, they would say this as well. Here's something: There were no banks back them either.So what im saying is that overall, people don't really think this is going to work.

Then: If you are only going to lay 1 track(per direction), wouldn't you have to wait for that one car to complete its journey before you can start your journey? If your consider a long-haul route you would have to wait quite a while. It's going to be awfully slow training this skill.

Suggestion: Make an area with multiple tracks(somewhere where nobody goes, or make on that just goes underneath the ocean) where people can practice for purely xp. Im thinking about 5-6 tracks, that should be enough. That's a good idea. I'm thinking of adding another minigame like that.

Finally: The graphical part + train speed.

How fast would the trains go? 2 squares per second? 3 squares? 4? Walking goes 4 SPS. Running is 10 SPS. All of the trains go faster than running and their speeds were already listed on the Locomotives and Cars section.

You said that you wanted people to see what was happening outside at that certain time. That is going to be very very hard for someone to create. I'll change it so you see the landscape, but not players or NPCs. Players cannot see the trains either.

And what about if your on the outside looking at a train. It's going to be very werid. The train is going to move 4-5 squaures, then lag for a bit, then move again.

The graphical part is the most troublesome part and the only way to get rid of this is if you make it underground.

Thanks for finding problems with my thread so I could fix them.

I've seen videos of narrow gauge trains, and in Runescape terms they would move around about 3 squares per second.

Also, when the thread owner talks about trains, he's not talking about high speed japanese bullet trains, but like steam trains, tank engines, etc etc.

3 SPS? That's slower than walking! :ohnoes:

Support! I like all the ideas alot. I certainly hope you recreate it on the RSOF, so that Jagex will see it too.

Sorry, I can't, I'm not a member. Besides, if I post a free to play suggestion on there, it'll get spammed and flamed until it gets locked. (Not saying all RSOFers do that)