Report abuse! But, which?

Dan_I_Can

I just recently lost my membership- so I decided to be productive while I re-subscribe.

I was firemaking at the new Grand Exchange (best f2p fm'ing area, probably better than Ecto/monk place in members too.) Suddenly, someone started spamming that they were selling their account! I immediately reported them for Account sharing/trading. I warned them (as they we're spamming, and obviously using an auto talker) to stop before their account gets into further risk! (funny how I care even though they don't care what happens to their account.) So, I was at a crossroads; I was going to do one last report based on the spamming, but I didn't know to report for Macro'ing (use of 3rd party programs) or Offensive Language (spamming). I didn't want to spam Jagex with reports, so I picked Offensive Language- unsure and disappointed.

Now to my question, which IS the right choice? Report for Offensive Language or Macroing?

Thanks to everyone who puts in their imput and helps me better understand this!

I'm not uncool enough to have a stat sig.

dan_i_can.png

I lied :-p

I'm quite sure they we're using an auto talker, I have 100 wpm myself (well I usually push 90). He was using Shake and glow 3 at one, very fast (fast enough that it never stopped shaking).

I'm not uncool enough to have a stat sig.

dan_i_can.png

I lied :-p

The few PMods I've asked have told me that using autotalkers is reportable under Macroing. They might not be 100% correct when they are talking about the rules (as ultimately Jmods are who execute them), but I've never been warned for misusing the report system.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Any good gaming keyboard has programable keys

so you dont really know if they where using a program or just a good keyboard

In the end though it doesn't really matter as jagex customer service will just look at the content of both yours and the offenders chat logs for the last few mins from around the time you reported. So its not going to come down to what you report it as so much as what they see.

Because of this you might want to say exactly what they are doing in your chat log as it will be read but the jagex customer service and that will make more difference then what you report it as. Also it will point out what is going on.

So next time you report just type in what you see going like the hundreds on macroers. Type in where you are and whats going on it will make a diffence as they will know what to look for.

I just recently lost my membership- so I decided to be productive while I re-subscribe.

I was firemaking at the new Grand Exchange (best f2p fm'ing area, probably better than Ecto/monk place in members too.) Suddenly, someone started spamming that they were selling their account! I immediately reported them for Account sharing/trading. I warned them (as they we're spamming, and obviously using an auto talker) to stop before their account gets into further risk! (funny how I care even though they don't care what happens to their account.) So, I was at a crossroads; I was going to do one last report based on the spamming, but I didn't know to report for Macro'ing (use of 3rd party programs) or Offensive Language (spamming). I didn't want to spam Jagex with reports, so I picked Offensive Language- unsure and disappointed.

Now to my question, which IS the right choice? Report for Offensive Language or Macroing?

Thanks to everyone who puts in their imput and helps me better understand this!

Dan, I'm bypassing all the other posts in the thread to tell you this.

You should stay quiet and report under all applicable rules. The more reports that Jagex has about a given rule-breaker, the better. So if they are breaking R6, R7, and R1 nail them for all 3. Then if you wish to warn them after to stop, do so. This will give Jagex the level of evidence needed for an insta-ban against the rule-breaker, without chance of appeal success for that rule-breaker.

Fair warning, however, never talk to R11/R12 violators. You'll give yourself away to the bot nets and such, and you'll never be able to catch any of them again after. (I know because of experience with helping the "Ad Busters" channel and their network that is trying to kill R11/R12 violators, and the things I've heard. You might wish to come join us and help, we can teach you more.)

Good luck to you, and I hope to see you in the 'Ad Busters' channel in the future, helping with the fight. :thumbsup:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I've always thought that it wouldn't matter if you reported someone for breaking two rules at once because they would both be included in the snapshot for Jagex to see, and that sending in more than one report for abuse just slows down the system. Although, that is just my intrepretation of what I have read in the knowledge base and I'm not 100% sure that its correct.

P.S. D V Devnull, I've always thought that only Player Moderators could join "Ad Busters", is that true?

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

Yes, I'm pretty sure that if you report them once then when Jagex looks at the report snapshot, they will see the rulebreaker breaking the other rules, and give them multiple offenses. I would just report them for the most severe offense, which is probably account selling/trading.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Off-topic, but must be replied to:

P.S. D V Devnull, I've always thought that only Player Moderators could join "Ad Busters", is that true?

Packer15, even though Pmods are the only ones that can join the main clan, their channel is open to all users. Also, such a clan depends on the normal users of RuneScape helping the Pmods of 'Ad Busters' by sending them targeting info with which to find and end an ad bot's spamming and disturbance to normal function of the game.

Hope to see you in there, helping everyone. 8-)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)