To the people saying Duel arena hid rmts.

123Yourgone

Stop and think for a second.. If anything they were EASIER to detect..

People give friends gifts via trading.

People die and lose good items..

People do NOT stake 16m cash for NOTHING.

Show me some one who walks up to a random person places 10-500m in the duel screen and hits accept..

No one.

Jagex was just annoyed that we stakers were making so much money with what they considered little work, but i was risking a lot every time i staked, and theres still people out pking in bandos and stuff so are they going to remove pking incase people get lucky there?

Its ridiculous.

Well actually....

I haven't done it before, and haven't talked to anyone who has, but I would imagine the gold transfer with the dual arena would have been more along the lines of this:

Buyer and seller are communicating through msn, they both log in. One of them says they are staking 10m, they find each other and do the dual. Both of them put up 10m. (Seller has a few accounts, so he can always have an account around the same level as the buyer)

Once the stake begins, the seller deliberately loses. Having cheap armor and a less powerful weapon. Maybe by running away for a little, maybe by not eating when the buyer was, maybe by getting spec'd etc.

It wouldn't be hard to make it undetectable.

Though I do understand you're pissed about the staking update, I personally don't stake as I'm f2p, but I'm concerned about the future of pking.

Well actually....

I haven't done it before, and haven't talked to anyone who has, but I would imagine the gold transfer with the dual arena would have been more along the lines of this:

Buyer and seller are communicating through msn, they both log in. One of them says they are staking 10m, they find each other and do the dual. Both of them put up 10m. (Seller has a few accounts, so he can always have an account around the same level as the buyer)

Once the stake begins, the seller deliberately loses. Having cheap armor and a less powerful weapon. Maybe by running away for a little, maybe by not eating when the buyer was, maybe by getting spec'd etc.

It wouldn't be hard to make it undetectable.

Though I do understand you're pissed about the staking update, I personally don't stake as I'm f2p, but I'm concerned about the future of pking.

Do you honestly think that every one who buys 10m already has 10m? lol.

People buy rs gold couse they are addicts and ussually as a result of losing everything.

Not to mention the seller could just win the duel and keep the gold and the money, they use the duel arena to prevent scams not create them.

Not all of them no, but even so they would still put up something.

I'm sure the buyer would take steps to ensure it was an unfair fight. Combat level difference, looking them up etc.

Plus I doubt the gold companys would scam people, they would make less money overall from getting a bad reputation - It's fierce business.

Either that or Jagex just didn't flag 1 sided stakes - I do know that people got away with it.

I think it's a little of both. I already know Jagex doesn't do all they can to stop rule breakers. For example they could easily ban client edited macros on login - they already have a reflection system that lets them know it's an edited client on login.

Y'know this how?

Who? And know what?

How does 123 know that people don't stake 10M for nothing..

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Your ignorance is amusing. Jagex didn't ban staking because the RL traders found it an easy way to trade money(although banning staking killed this too), they banned staking so that the RL traders wouldn't have an easy, quick way to make millions of gold.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Your ignorance is amusing. Jagex didn't ban staking because the RL traders found it an easy way to trade money(although banning staking killed this too), they banned staking so that the RL traders wouldn't have an easy, quick way to make hundreds of gold.

I think you mean millions?Because hundreds is way too easy(even for me)

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Your ignorance is amusing. Jagex didn't ban staking because the RL traders found it an easy way to trade money(although banning staking killed this too), they banned staking so that the RL traders wouldn't have an easy, quick way to make hundreds of gold.

I think you mean millions?Because hundreds is way too easy(even for me)

Well, you know what I mean.. >.<

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

They could also do smaller duels. By example, the customer already has 2m. So they make a 2m vs 2m duel, and of course the customer wins. Then they raise to 4m, 8m, 16m, until the customer gets all the gold he paid for. It was not uncommon for people to get cleaned by the same person over and over, so this would not really arise suspicion.

2480+ total

Do you have any sort of evidence in any way, shape or form? Biased assumptions hold no value.

What he said.

I have evidence, but it will get a good friend in a lot of trouble so i cant post it.

The world of rmts has more scammers then legit sellers just so you know, most of them dont care about rep, couse they make an acc on one of the forums, do 3 or 4 sales, rip some one off then make a new account.

The fact is the duel arena was one of the worst ways to real world trade, the best way is put the money on a lvl 3 and die to a guard on varrock castle roof.

I have evidence, but it will get a good friend in a lot of trouble so i cant post it.

The world of rmts has more scammers then legit sellers just so you know, most of them dont care about rep, couse they make an acc on one of the forums, do 3 or 4 sales, rip some one off then make a new account.

The fact is the duel arena was one of the worst ways to real world trade, the best way is put the money on a lvl 3 and die to a guard on varrock castle roof.

Then quite frankly your friend doesn't know what he is talking about, and doesn't know about the countless underground communities, and possibly even all the advertised companies.

I am guessing he is a member at scythe.

Do you have any sort of evidence in any way, shape or form? Biased assumptions hold no value.

What he said.

Thus is the behavior of cheaters and thieves.. How is it actually possible to become a "legit" seller??

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Then quite frankly your friend doesn't know what he is talking about, and doesn't know about the countless underground communities, and possibly even all the advertised companies.

I am guessing he is a member at scythe.

I know all the underground communities, [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation], runecms, [bleep]ex, stork, rscd, zieglers, you name it.

They all have scammers.

None of those are underground, however rsdaemon used to be, (probably before you heard of it) then everyone kept talking about it and because of that reines got threatened by Jagex. I doubt you've heard of TI, Rsr or KYAB. You might have heard of RSCA and SRL which aren't so underground anymore.

=D>

I am not a registered member at [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation], [bleep]ex, RSCA, KYAB...

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

None of those are underground, however rsdaemon used to be, (probably before you heard of it) then everyone kept talking about it and because of that reines got threatened by Jagex. I doubt you've heard of TI, Rsr or KYAB. You might have heard of RSCA and SRL which aren't so underground anymore.
Theres a few you forgot to mention also.

This discussion isnt about how l33t you are though so try to post on topic.

Show me any community without scammers..

And just so you know this friend has sold more rs gold them almost anyone (enough to retire on) so he knows what he is talking about.

What he said.

Proof that you can't show me isn't considered proof and thus hardly changes the validity of your arguments. Besides, the existence of all the underground scamming websites in the world doesn't change the fact that your assumptions are biased. Nowhere is it indicated that this was a covert update aimed at getting rid of stakers. There are only speculations on that matter.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I'm not trying to sound l33t, I'm trying to explain that just because your friend bought gold, doesn't mean he knows what he is doing.

They want to be kept underground for a reason, to keep out the scammers and idiots. They close registrations, with only people invited by trusted people can join, use trusted people as middlemen, screen shot and video trades etc. Almost all scams are done by people who don't use a middleman, if this happens both members are banned promptly. On the very rare occasion that a middleman scams (I know of only 1 person) he/she is banned. As you can see, these types of sites are extremely strict. Scams just don't happen.

And just so you know this friend has sold more rs gold them almost anyone (enough to retire on) so he knows what he is talking about.

More gold than almost anyone.. That's an assumption and a half. That aside, it doesn't matter how much gold he has bought, it's really just the people you know, and communities you are in, that determines if you go to an honest seller or not. BTW all forums you mentioned have quite a few known scammers.

I'm not trying to sound l33t, I'm trying to explain that just because your friend bought gold, doesn't mean he knows what he is doing.

They want to be kept underground for a reason, to keep out the scammers and idiots. They close registrations, with only people invited by trusted people can join, use trusted people as middlemen, screen shot and video trades etc. Almost all scams are done by people who don't use a middleman, if this happens both members are banned promptly. On the very rare occasion that a middleman scams (I know of only 1 person) he/she is banned. As you can see, these types of sites are extremely strict. Scams just don't happen.

More gold than almost anyone.. That's an assumption and a half. That aside, it doesn't matter how much gold he has bought, it's really just the people you know, and communities you are in, that determines if you go to an honest seller or not. BTW all forums you mentioned have quite a few known scammers.

Stay on topic, this post is about whether or not the arena was used often for big rmt trades.