(done)Information about revenants (new wilderness monsters)

Freesia

db986 - usable information added

I did quite a bit of revenant hunting later lately and manage to find some information of them so far. Hence I hope to share what I found so far and hope this information will be useful to many tifers or people who use the website. :)

These revenants are highly aggressive people, they can spot and attack you from the minimap distance which you are standing (center of circle) and these revenants can spot and start attacking at the circumference of the minimap circle or like some way out. They use 3 types of attacks, mage, range and melee, but generally prefer to start attacking you with mage.

The projectile of the mage attack looks like this. This attack is also what can have a chance of tb (teleblock). If you actually get teleblocked by this attack, a message will appear in your chatbox saying so. Below is the picture of the mage attack:

mageprojectile.png

Next is the projectile of the range attack (below). This attack is the one that acts as an entangle (preventing movement for about 3-4 seconds). If you get frozen, the chatbox will say "the icy darts freeze your muscles!". Below is the picture of range projectile:

rangeprjectile.png

If you can't see it well, its the spiney needle-like things on the middle of the screenshot.

Lastly it attacks with melee, basically approaching and just attack you, that's melee attack style. It seems that the revenant won't attempt to approach and melee you if you are more than 5 squares away from it, but I can't confirm these.

After you activated any protection prayer, for the next round the renevant will not use that protected against type of attack style against you (these monsters are pretty smart).

Ok enough with the attack styles now. These renevants are found near zammy mage (the one that teleports you to abyss) with 3 spawns in the center of steel mine, and become more commonly found past lvl 20 wildy. I personally didn't see much of them at wildy lvls less than 20 except at zammy mage.

Each renevant spawn can be an entirely different lvl, the monster to spawn is picked at random. Each renevant remains spawned for around 1-2minutes before being removed from the spot if no player is attacking it.

If it is attacking you and you don't retailate, this feature still stands.

Spawns are totally random and another group of different lvl renevants may not replace the old ones that are removed from the spot, hence you might find no renevants at a particularly spot for a certain period of time.

The last feature I'll want to say is that these revenants can be teleported by the ancient obelisks found all over wildy, so they are just like pkers. Therefore, if you gonna die to any renevant in wild and is near a obelisk, approach it and teleport the renevant away using it (you will most likely be teleblocked at that stage anyway so you won't be teleported).

Well I shared my information here and I believe most of the information are correct except the spawning feature which I'm not 100% positive.

Cheers.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Revenants found:

Imp (7) Near the Members border into Deep Wildy

Goblin (15,22,30,37) Near the level 44 wilderness obelisks, inside the agility course basement, graveyard east of Bounty Hunter

Icefiend (45) South of the agility course, across Edgeville ditch, South of Volcano

Hobgoblin (60) Edgeville ditch, North of Bounty Hunter

Werewolf (60(not confirmed),75) Mage bank, near Edgeville ditch

Vampire (68) West of agility course (icy area), Hobgoblin mine

Orc (105) West of Mage Arena Bank

Knight (126) Rogue Castle, North East of Swamps with Moss Giants, In packs West of Mage Arena Bank

Known Drops: Clues (dunno level, probably 3), Dragon Daggers, Coins (200ish to 1000ish), God Staffs (Like Guthix), Dragon Platelegs (not confirmed)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

-They can heal themselfs.

-Max damage of 20+

-They can cure themself of poison several times

edit: the max hit aint correct, the orks were hitting 22 at me, so i dont no what the max hit is.

^if there ar spelling errors up here, I cant help it I speak dutch :p ^

The monsters themselves have been added to the Bestiary, with basic information only. The information about them healing themselves and curing their poison I would like confirmation on, as well as the drops. Thank you (especially you Saradomin_Mage) for providing this information. Thank you also Freesia for gathering the information on their attacks.

At this point, I'd like to request that any additional information you have be made in a new post (on this topic is fine) but don't edit your original posts or the information you add risks getting missed.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

They appear to work very similar to how PKing used to work in terms of whether or not you will get attacked and whether you can attack them.

I was at Earth Warriors, Wilderness level 9 & 10 and had seen the Goblin, Pyrfiend, Werewolf, Vampire, Ork and Knight. The only one to attack me (at combat lvl 116) was the Knight (126). The others ignored me.

Sometime later, I tried attacked a lvl 15 Revenant Goblin and received this message in the chat window:

You can't attack a revenant unless its combat level is close enough to yours.

Try going deeper into the Wilderness.

This leads me to believe that combat level +/- Wilderness levels are the revenants you need to worry about.

Sharnel.png

The information about them healing themselves and curing their poison I would like confirmation on, as well as the drops.

They heal themself i saw it, so here is your confirmation :P

I got a pic of revenant werewolf, didn't remember the combat lvl:

revenantwerewolfle9.png

he spawned at the Chaos Dwarves in lvl 35 Wildy, and didn't hit as hard as I was expecting. I'm lvl 85 and he hit mostly 6's and an occasional 16 (both with mage)

hope my name gets mentioned at the bottom of Bestiary!

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

The information about them healing themselves and curing their poison I would like confirmation on, as well as the drops.

They heal themself i saw it, so here is your confirmation :P

You may say this, but I'd prefer to have a second source other than the original submitter. I'm not casting doubt on your information, but it's easier on us to wait for full verification rather than having tons of people yell at us for being wrong.

I got a pic of revenant werewolf, didn't remember the combat lvl:

revenantwerewolfle9.png

he spawned at the Chaos Dwarves in lvl 35 Wildy, and didn't hit as hard as I was expecting. I'm lvl 85 and he hit mostly 6's and an occasional 16 (both with mage)

hope my name gets mentioned at the bottom of Bestiary!

I'll see what I can do with that picture, but thank you for submitting it.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I got reports that all revenants seem to be able to poison players as well. Some people have told me that there seems to be a difference in how hard the poison hits as lvls of the revenants differs, a knight (lvl 126) poisons for 8, an ork (lvl 105) poisons for 7 and a werewolf (lvl 75) poisons for only 6. I'm not actually sure which kind of attack actually poisons or whether the poisonous attack actually has a different projectile. :?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

don't know if my pics are any good, but can't hurt posting them:

revenantorcxv4.png

Revenant ork (lvl 105) @ 46 wildy

sorry if they aren't big enough

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I got reports that all revenants seem to be able to poison players as well. Some people have told me that there seems to be a difference in how hard the poison hits as lvls of the revenants differs, a knight (lvl 126) poisons for 8, an ork (lvl 105) poisons for 7 and a werewolf (lvl 75) poisons for only 6. I'm not actually sure which kind of attack actually poisons or whether the poisonous attack actually has a different projectile. :?

Hmmm... that would make sence, since these guys are supposed to replace pkers and the standard DDS they carry...

don't know if my pics are any good, but can't hurt posting them:

revenantorcxv4.png

Revenant ork (lvl 105) @ 46 wildy

sorry if they aren't big enough

Unfortunately, that image is a little too small for me to get a decent image out of. As a note though, when making Bestiary submissions (and Bestiary submissions only, as this is a personal request), you can use Bitmap image format if you can crop the image down to just the monster itself. The clarity of Bitmap images makes my job much easier.

Was not able to get a picture of it, but yesterday while RuneCrafting, I came across a Revenant Dark Beast near the Abyssal Mage. It's combat level was 120.

Added and credited, I remember seeing one as well.

f475e02ecc.png

can it be that they only poison people in member worlds? because I went a lot to these revenants but there was none who poisoned me (I'm f2p)

can it be that they only poison people in member worlds? because I went a lot to these revenants but there was none who poisoned me (I'm f2p)

Poison does not exist in f2p.

Here is what I found out (everything is f2p):

The knights attack with meelee first until you put on protect from meelee then they use magic. The hit up to 26 on me. I found him under lava maze east of the mine.

revenantknightih8.jpg

I hope you can cut me out of the picture but its the best I could do.

I found an ork and many other west of chaos temple and a bit higher up to bounty bank. Most of them appear there.

I saw an orc (105): revenantws0.jpg

A new one (not yet on the site) pyrefiend lvl 52: pyrefiendwe7.jpg

Werewolf (75) : werewolfzf6.jpg

werewolffrontrq5.jpg

With most of them when you put protect on and another enemie is in sight and in multi combat zone, it attacks another enemy.

More pictures coming later.

Ah... good, a better Werewolf picture. Either way, those images all look like I can work with.

f475e02ecc.png

Ok, I will provide some more later. I just noticed that the pictures missed on the site and I found it annoying. Is there any way to make more detailed screenshots? Cause now you only have as much pixels as a screenshot has. I always try to put myself a few steps away from the enemy so that he fills my whole screen (almost) and then make the screen. But it is very hard.

Ok, I will provide some more later. I just noticed that the pictures missed on the site and I found it annoying. Is there any way to make more detailed screenshots? Cause now you only have as much pixels as a screenshot has. I always try to put myself a few steps away from the enemy so that he fills my whole screen (almost) and then make the screen. But it is very hard.
'

There really isn't anyway to get more detailed than the pixel because that's the most detailed unit on a computer. However, if you save your images as Bitmaps (.bmp), then it makes my job a bit easier because it saves it pixel by pixel, which means I have it exactly as you see it and not how the image type decodes it.

Either way, so long as the background noticeably contrasts (meaning is different) from the monster, then it's fine (for example, the Goblin one took a little extra manipulation out of me because it was rather close, but I still got it in the end).

f475e02ecc.png

But isn't there a way to let your computer generate more pixels? By chosing a higher quality. you can chose 600x800 or 1280x1024 but isnt there a way to let your computer make it even bigger?

About the drops. Some people say they drop what they get from killing other players in the wildy. Is there anyone who is sure about this. We killed one with a group but the one who had the kill left before it died so we didn't know what it had dropped.

You misspelled pyrefiend on the tip.it site. It says icefiend. And well not that it matter my name is without the "s" in the end.

Ty for posting the pictures so fast

But isn't there a way to let your computer generate more pixels? By chosing a higher quality. you can chose 600x800 or 1280x1024 but isnt there a way to let your computer make it even bigger?

These aren't a measure of quality; these are a measure of size. If you have a 100x100px image, and a Monitor designed to handle 800x600px, then you'll get one result. However, if you increase or decrease this amount, the image may change shape relatively, but it's still 100x100px, so there isn't any more detail to it.

f475e02ecc.png

I went hunting for revenants and found that the werewolves (i believe lv 98?) spawned by the ardoungh teleport lever near the mage arena. I also noticed that the revenant goblins may spawn a bit west of bounty hunters, because I recently saw an army of 4 of them following eachother heading east from the west side of bounty. One guy also told me he got a glory from killing a 126.

Just another note: for ALL revenants, if you run away from them they can continue to hit you with range or mage even if you're beyond sight of them. when running away from them, be sure to keep running for a while and put as many obstacles (trees, buildings, etc) between you and the revenant as you can. I fought an orc, he maxed a 29 on me with melee and 18 with teleblock (his range was very low accuracy, it hardly ever hit me). Therefore what I'd suggest is if it is true that they will use an attack style you're not protected from, your best bet (from my own experie3nces) is to keep a bit of distance and, wearing black d hide, use protect from mage. this forces him to range you and you'll take significantly less damage. for me, theyr range maxed at about 15 but it was rather rare.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

One more thing: it is apparent that these guys have incredibly low range defence. I fought a werewolf solo with melee. Hardly ever hit him with 80+ skills. Later me and a small team went out hunting and found a 126 knight. we had 2 meleers and 2 rangers, the rangers did a majority of the damage (one of our men was using diamond bolts and hit constant 20+, and i mean CONSTANT). The rangers got both the knight's drop (coins) and the kill from an orc (he dropped nothing. this also proves something else, that revs can drop nothing.)

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

On the site it says icefiend and the name is pyrefiend. Then I found another new one with great pics. The name is cyclops and he is lvl 82. The pictures will come this evening when I have some more time to post.

I would like to ley you know that West of chaos temple there is defenatly a spawn place because that is where allmost all my pics have been taken.

And the ones spawning is totally random. I have some nice pics of the magic attack. It is clearly a skullformed missile.

I 've noticed they acctually dont use ranged often and as warren said it never hits.

I also noticed that the revenant goblins may spawn a bit west of bounty hunters

I can second this, I also found revenant Goblins here, near the Bandit Camp. I also found a revenant Orc near the Teleport Obelisk west of the Lava Maze.

I wasn't wearing any armour as I was just looking around, so I let the Orc kill me, however it got me to 1hp and disappeared. Has anyone actually be killed by a revenant?

Eye

I also noticed that the revenant goblins may spawn a bit west of bounty hunters

I can second this, I also found revenant Goblins here, near the Bandit Camp. I also found a revenant Orc near the Teleport Obelisk west of the Lava Maze.

I wasn't wearing any armour as I was just looking around, so I let the Orc kill me, however it got me to 1hp and disappeared. Has anyone actually be killed by a revenant?

Eye

yes several times while making screenshots. I also noticed they eat and you hear the eating sound. They also run out of food after a while.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.