(done)Information about revenants (new wilderness monsters)

Freesia

Regarding spawns, I don't think that specific revenants spawn at specific places, but rather Revenants in general spawn at specific locations. I've seem many different Revenant monsters near the Abyssal Mage before (Knight, Orc, Demon, Imps, Hobgoblins, Dark Beasts, etc). This information would probably be helpful to be forwarded to our mappers, who could probably place them on the Wilderness Map once we have it updated.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I wasn't wearing any armour as I was just looking around, so I let the Orc kill me, however it got me to 1hp and disappeared. Has anyone actually be killed by a revenant?

Eye

All revenants have a limited time on the map as what I stated on the first post:

Each renevant spawn can be an entirely different lvl, the monster to spawn is picked at random. Each renevant remains spawned for around 1-2minutes before being removed from the spot if no player is attacking it.

If it is attacking you and you don't retailate, this feature still stands.

However, what you just experienced proved the last line of my claim wrong, but the bold part still stands and explains the "disappearing" act of the revenants. However, i still believe there might be delay in the time span of renevants if you are attacking it, i personally attacked an orc myself after it attacked me on an abyss once, most revenants don't stay for more than 2 abyss runs, i definitely took a while to take him down and would surely have passed the original timespan of the revenant spawn staying on the map. :-k

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I found a fairly descriptive log on the revenents on the RSOF here

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

A lot of good useful information here.

i have a very similiar thread here, http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=724 ... sc&start=0 if anyone is interested

Continue to post on this thread - but that is just more information other players have posted.

Im currently working on a guide, i expect it to be out in 2-3 days all about revs and their spawn patterns, combat levels, max hits, hp, combat styles, drops, pictures, etc

Regarding spawns, I don't think that specific revenants spawn at specific places, but rather Revenants in general spawn at specific locations.

I have a theory very similiar to this, but just a little different. Going to be posting it with my guide very soon.

Glad to see Erad's and my observations are both 100% the same

Great work yah'll!

Also, Darkblade?

I noticed you didn't have a few pictures of some of the Rev's for the bestiary. I'll just post mine here that I'm going to be using for my guide, use them if they're good enough for you :)

darkbeastlx3.png

Dark Beast

revhellhoundby6.png

Hell Hound

I have the vampire, hobgoblin, and ork pictures on another computer, I will get them to ya as soon as I can.

Also, I noticed there is no picture and no data entry at all for the Cyclops:

cyclops2ua6.pngcyclopspm7.png

Level 82

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

On the site it says icefiend and the name is pyrefiend.

Confirmed this, there is actually BOTH

Pyrefiends - level 52

Icefiends - 45

Well then the picture and level is wrong. I have a nice picture on the cyclops lvl 82

cyclopstp1.th.png

cyclops2te3.th.jpg

cyclops3ab5.th.png

and for the site a cut version ;) :

cyclopscutqf4.th.gif

and the magic missile:

magicattackft3.jpg

Some info I know, first hand.

Poison attack is from melee only

Teleblock hits even though you have Protect From Magic activated.

Had a really bad run-in with a few yesterday doing a clue.

Teleblocked by a 126 at red dragon isle, so ran to rogues castle to hide while waiting for tb to wear off, then gets poisoned by an orc while trying to get into the castle (no anti-poison with me).

I manage to get upstairs and heal some hp and decide to run to the tele portal south-east of the castle. The orc decides to follow me and teles with me to lvl 13 wildy when I could tele. I make a run for edgeville (stupidly past the abyss mage) where i get group attacked by knights with mage and range.

I managed to get out with a few hp left.

Yes, the wildy is still dangerous in extreme circumstances.

8ig8alls.png

Revenant imps can respawn in edge, lvl 2 wildy. I've seen one just by chance.

Also, I am also thinking that they can teleport, I've seen it happen. I was fighting a lvl 82 Cyclops when it was at half health it disappeared. I can tell more if needed.

22031_s.gif

I saw earlier you were looking for confirmation that the revenants can heal themselves. They can, but only a limited number of times, not only have I seen this happen but this is information available in the Runescape Knowledge base along with confirmation that they can cure themselves of poison.

I have not yet been poisoned by one myself. I've only killed about 10 lvl 105 Orcs and 3 lvl 126 Knights so I may have just gotten lucky, Unlikely but it's possible. I have soloed all that I've killed so far with whip wearing d-hide armour.

They don't always drop something. Mostly they drop random amounts of GP. Occasionally they drop NOTHING at all. I haven't yet gotten anything better so far but I've never been a lucky person so it may take me a good while to get anything better out of them.

I think a few of my friends and I discovered a dark beast (rarest revenant) respawn. they can spawn by two small lava craters near the southeast corner of the mage arena. theyr spawn life there is usually under a minute so you have to be really skilled in killing them before they dissappear.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

hey guys, i finished my revenant guide for these forums, it's in the player made guide forum :) or you can just click on my signature

i took info from this thread in creating the guide, and made sure to credit everyone

check it out if you want more rev info

(sorry for the very-close-to-spam)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Hi guys, after several revenant trips to the wild my mates and i discovered that the revenant knight can hit a max of 30 (f2p), revenants start eating when their hp is below 50% and they will continue eating until they run out of food or their hp is above 50%, they got AI: they freeze you and walk away a few squares then farcast you, when they are in groups of 2 or more in multicombat zones they pile 1 person, also they seen, im not completely sure yet, to understand what type of prayer protection you are using (melee, ranged, magic) they will attack with the other 2 styles also i got some pictures:

Revenant Hellhound lvl 90:

helloundfu0.png

Revenant Imp lvl 7

impgl1.png

I hope the infomation and my pictures are useful for tip.it =P

Regarding spawns, I don't think that specific revenants spawn at specific places, but rather Revenants in general spawn at specific locations. I've seem many different Revenant monsters near the Abyssal Mage before (Knight, Orc, Demon, Imps, Hobgoblins, Dark Beasts, etc). This information would probably be helpful to be forwarded to our mappers, who could probably place them on the Wilderness Map once we have it updated.

In addition to that, I think the specific monsters that respawn and their commonness or if they respawn in a certain place at all is different in some worlds. World 144 is my favorite world to hunt them because it pretty much has every respawn. Heres what I got:

Just about every revenant can spawn by some small lava craters shaped like a V right next to the southeast corner of the mage arena. On the world map, just look for a few lava craters close to that corner (the closest ones possible). This is the only known respawn of the rare Dark Beast! it also is a home for all other revenants.

Right by the lvl 50 wildy obelisk (by rogues den). about every 10-15 mins, monsters respawn in a specific order. first, pyrefiends lvl 52. then an orc lv 105. Then 2 orcs and a knight lv 126.

Hobgoblins: two lv 60 hobgoblins once in a while can spawn together by the wolves near the agility course in the wild. after a while if the hobgoblins are gone, 2 orcs can spawn as well. Beware, this area is multi combat. lure one of the monsters away to single and take him down.

Vampires/werewolves: lvl 68 vampires and 75 werewolves spawn frequently along the lava maze. If you and the rev are outside the maze, you can lure them north to multi for a team to help.

BTW heres a pic I got of a dark beast. You need it because in the bestiary, the current picture is a hellhound. Think you oughtta change it. Sorry about not cropping:

darkbeastau4.png

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

In addition to that, I think the specific monsters that respawn and their commonness or if they respawn in a certain place at all is different in some worlds. World 144 is my favorite world to hunt them because it pretty much has every respawn. Heres what I got:

Just about every revenant can spawn by some small lava craters shaped like a V right next to the southeast corner of the mage arena. On the world map, just look for a few lava craters close to that corner (the closest ones possible). This is the only known respawn of the rare Dark Beast! it also is a home for all other revenants.

Right by the lvl 50 wildy obelisk (by rogues den). about every 10-15 mins, monsters respawn in a specific order. first, pyrefiends lvl 52. then an orc lv 105. Then 2 orcs and a knight lv 126.

Hobgoblins: two lv 60 hobgoblins once in a while can spawn together by the wolves near the agility course in the wild. after a while if the hobgoblins are gone, 2 orcs can spawn as well. Beware, this area is multi combat. lure one of the monsters away to single and take him down.

Vampires/werewolves: lvl 68 vampires and 75 werewolves spawn frequently along the lava maze. If you and the rev are outside the maze, you can lure them north to multi for a team to help.

BTW heres a pic I got of a dark beast. You need it because in the bestiary, the current picture is a hellhound. Think you oughtta change it. Sorry about not cropping:

darkbeastau4.png

Got on another thread a pic of one, it might be too big though.

darkbeastao1.png

22031_s.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.