Changes coming to the Grand Exchange

qeltar

Wha? Price floor, I don't see how that can work...they can't force prices to go up if no one wants to buy for that price. I don't get it. :wall:

According the various other threads around, this price floor is not just a limitation on how low people can sell their items.... Jagex is actually buying up items on the Grand Exchange themself - and they broke their promise that the Grand Exchange would be purely player based by doing so.

Oh my! It does seem rather unworkable to have a price floor, surely that would just make people have huge stockpiles of unsellable stuff. The Jagex is buying theory could be right but who knows, we can't prove it unless they admit it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having trouble finding these threads you mentioned. I would really be interested in reading more about this theory. Have you seen this around the offical forums or here on tip.it?

I'm not just asking Duke, can anyone else point me towards any posts that discuss this theory? Thanks.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=723463

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=723541&start=20

Obviously no "evidence", but there are signals pointing into that direction.

• 1 month later...

Bwhahahaha! Guess what? They lied! New items already HAVE set prices; look at spirit weed and summoning potions for a couple examples. You might want to check out pouches too... Bwhahahaha!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Thanks for finding this for me.. I appreciate it.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I don't have a members account so i can't check, but can anyone confirm that the price of the new herb is around 7k, and the new pot (4) is around 150gp!? i saw it posted somewhere and it made me laugh because if that's the case.. neither herb or potioan will be able to be sold.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif