RWT is not beat

xpandax

Of course they can still do it. Older accounts can still transfer money because the trade restrictions aren't in place for everyone yet.

After the restrictions go to 100% coverage on January, that wouldn't be possible. There will be no loopholes here.

Xpandax, I get the feeling that you are actually a RWTer who is trying to stir up false rumours to get Jagex to revert. It's not going to work. You obviously made no kind of suggestion to your 'friend' that RWT was cheating and was ruining the game. You claim to know RWT methods, and are very secretive. I don't trust you in the slightest.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because will_holmes, my friend and I are both 18 he is going to do what he wants to do whether i remind him it is against the rules or not. Neither of us are idiots.... he has played around 3-4 years now i believe, and he used a new account with the trading restriction already in place. So you saying that by january when the restriction is in place RWT will be stopped, is only wishful thinking.

pandapk2.jpg

Because will_holmes, my friend and I are both 18 he is going to do what he wants to do whether i remind him it is against the rules or not. Neither of us are idiots.... he has played around 3-4 years now i believe, and he used a new account with the trading restriction already in place. So you saying that by january when the restriction is in place RWT will be stopped, is only wishful thinking.

We aren't idiots either. If I am to believe what you are saying, you are being gullible if you are starting to believe that a loophole has been found without knowing what it is, especially from the word of mouth by the RWTing groups themselves. I don't want to hear baseless conclusions, and I suggest you don't either.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

RWT cannot be 100 percent stopped.

But it CAN be made unprofitable.

Which is what this update has done.

Sure there are ways to RWT still. But the age of a RWT using hundreds of bots to drop trade to a main to sell for gold is GONE.

Sure players can PAY to have their accounts leveled. They could ALWAYS do that. What will happen though? Now that there are THOUSANDS less bots to worry about Jagex can QUICKLY scan through reports both players and their software make about accounts.

And there is a VERY big difference between playing on multiple IPs, and logging out in ONE country, and then ten minutes later logging into another country.

That's IMPOSSIBLE, and will result in a ban that cannot be appealed. A player can try to mask his IP, but this can be detected and stopped. Jagex can easily deny players access to the game if they are logged-in using any proxy server.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

Is there some reason you're not sharing what this "way around" is that they've discovered?

My bet is that it has to do with a pricing flaw in the GE. Jagex knows about these and will plug them, though their refusal to allow markets to freely float will always create arbitrage opportunities.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

You guys seem to think that these companies are inherently evil... They may be questionably legal, at best. But they are still companies trying to turn a profit. It is in their best interest to not get you banned, and to not scam you. The best business is repeat business, or business from their friends spread through word of mouth. What other solution do you offer will_holmes. If I sat and watched 20 Mil appear in my friends inventory less than 2 hours after the purchase... it's pretty obvious there is some loophole, or the gp wouldn't be there.

pandapk2.jpg

doesnt bother me, i dont care about real world trading tbh

This is an interesting quote to me. I struggle with the RWT dilemma. First of all, I ask everyone what is the real harm in this?

Well, I will tell you.

It is explicitly in the rules to not do such things. Look at it from the perspective of if it was okay to RWT. Then anyone with a credit card or paypal could spend money to boost their character. People would be running around with 99s everwhere wearing full third age. Wait no they wouldn't because if everyone was cheating then no one would accomplish getting the third age items. Achievements would become futile and the game would truly implode.

RWT is definitely a curse that needs to be purged, but I am not certain that Jagex is doing it correctly. I however, do not at this time have a better fix so I will just deal with it.

felter_laur.png

You guys seem to think that these companies are inherently evil... They may be questionably legal, at best. But they are still companies trying to turn a profit. It is in their best interest to not get you banned, and to not scam you. The best business is repeat business, or business from their friends spread through word of mouth. What other solution do you offer will_holmes. If I sat and watched 20 Mil appear in my friends inventory less than 2 hours after the purchase... it's pretty obvious there is some loophole, or the gp wouldn't be there.

Of course you have REPORTED this to Jagex correct?

Or are you openly supporting these RWT that have ruined our game?

ANY company that violates rules to make money is "inherently evil".

Their entire company is based on violating the rules.

People don't want to work for what they want... this is a truth in life. Of course i don't LIKE it, but I live with it. And qeltar, I don't know what methods they use, i just watched my friend get the money and deal with the RWT's. They didn't go into detail about their methods.

And about the companies being evil... is it the companies being evil? Or is it the persons supporting them? It's an economic fact, where there is a demand, there will be supply.

pandapk2.jpg

And qeltar, I don't know what methods they use, i just watched my friend get the money and deal with the RWT's. They didn't go into detail about their methods.

If your friend did it, then your friend probably knows.

And about the companies being evil... is it the companies being evil? Or is it the persons supporting them? It's an economic fact, where there is a demand, there will be supply.

A chemical company that poisons groundwater and covers it up is evil.

A medical practice that cuts corners on proper treatment to save money is evil.

These people are just cheats. They are arguably commiting intellectual property offenses, but in some parts of the world these concepts aren't held in the same esteem as they are in the west.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

People don't want to work for what they want... this is a truth in life. Of course i don't LIKE it, but I live with it. And qeltar, I don't know what methods they use, i just watched my friend get the money and deal with the RWT's. They didn't go into detail about their methods.

The person is evil, AND the company is evil for trying to make a buck on it.

Again, did you report your friend to Jagex so they can see exactly what happened?

1.) only an idiot is going to give out their password for this even if it is real, because if the money can transfer one way it can also transfer the other way.

2.) if it catches on with the selling communities Jagex will get wind of it and fix it, it would not last long enough to make an impact.

1.) only an idiot is going to give out their password for this even if it is real, because if the money can transfer one way it can also transfer the other way.

2.) if it catches on with the selling communities Jagex will get wind of it and fix it, it would not last long enough to make an impact.

But haven't some of the previous methods lasted for a long time? I have heard of RWT problems the past 3 years. They just seem to be fixing it that last few months. The only one that seems to be a little too "fixed" is the wilderness, but it still took them some time.

Point number 1 hit the nail on the head. Always remember, live by the sword; die by the sword.

felter_laur.png

I'm not going to report my friend in real life for cheating in a video game... grow up. Sure it is against the rules, and I may not like it... but i'm not going to go tattle to jagex about it. I was with my friend through the entire process so no, he doesn't know the methods qeltar.

And don't you think it's quite the step to say someone is evil for cheating in a video game... he may be breaking the rules and in the wrong, but he didn't do anything evil, he cut a corner and bought success in a video game instead of spending countless hours earning it.

pandapk2.jpg

But haven't some of the previous methods lasted for a long time? I have heard of RWT problems the past 3 years. They just seem to be fixing it that last few months. The only one that seems to be a little too "fixed" is the wilderness, but it still took them some time.

Point number 1 hit the nail on the head. Always remember, live by the sword; die by the sword.

yes but that involved lots of drastic changes, this just sounds like one small hole in the system that needs patching.

I'm not going to report my friend in real life for cheating in a video game... grow up. Sure it is against the rules, and I may not like it... but i'm not going to go tattle to jagex about it. I was with my friend through the entire process so no, he doesn't know the methods qeltar.

I'm not going to call you or your friend liars, but sorry, something here is not adding up. Given the limitations currently in place, while I can see the possibility of a loophole being found, I cannot see how your friend could have exploited it without knowing how it works.

Edit: I forgot that he gave them access to his account. It was almost certainly a GE-related exploit, and it will be plugged. Even if not, anyone doing this is asking to be banned.

signew2.png

I'm not going to call you or your friend liars, but sorry, something here is not adding up. Given the limitations currently in place, while I can see the possibility of a loophole being found, I cannot see how your friend could have exploited it without knowing how it works.

Edit: I forgot that he gave them access to his account. It was almost certainly a GE-related exploit, and it will be plugged. Even if not, anyone doing this is asking to be banned.

I think it will be treated like most major bugs in rs history. The first few to discover and use it, usually go unpunished. It is those caught using it multiple times, and after jagex is aware of it that reap the consequences.

pandapk2.jpg

And don't you think it's quite the step to say someone is evil for cheating in a video game... he may be breaking the rules and in the wrong, but he didn't do anything evil, he cut a corner and bought success in a video game instead of spending countless hours earning it.

Ahhh... Along the lines of "Stop snitching", huh?

Sorry, I would report ANYONE in the game for cheating. The same I would turn in ANY person who broke the law in real life.

Tattling?

No, it's doing the RIGHT THING.

I know it's hard to do sometimes. But that's how people learn responsibility. They get caught, and they learn that breaking the rules has consequences.

These people are just cheats. They are arguably commiting intellectual property offenses, but in some parts of the world these concepts aren't held in the same esteem as they are in the west.

...And let the church say "Red Herring".

Yeah, I know I say this a lot, but what's the point in introducing completely irrelevant points into a discussion about RWT not being dead? All it does is detract from the real issue at hand. Hence why it's considered a logical fallacy.

And, by the way, the concept of good and evil is completely subjective.

...But I digress.

Anyway, I've always wondered why people hate RWT's so much. They don't impose on your gameplay in any way, shape or form nor do they impose on Jagex as real money isn't going through Jagex; Just the parties involved.

Ahhh... Along the lines of "Stop snitching", huh?

Sorry, I would report ANYONE in the game for cheating. The same I would turn in ANY person who broke the law in real life.

Tattling?

No, it's doing the RIGHT THING.

I know it's hard to do sometimes. But that's how people learn responsibility. They get caught, and they learn that breaking the rules has consequences.

What good would reporting my friend do now? He might, might get banned from a video game? This sort of behavior repeats itself buddy, I am doing my friend a favor by not getting him caught... What greater lesson will he learn? Will he come away with more from this experience if I tattle and get him banned, or years down the road if he's done something far more serious and gets caught for that. People will do what they want to, we cannot shape someone elses decisions. Ultimately the final say is theirs.

pandapk2.jpg

...And let the church say "Red Herring".

Yeah, I know I say this a lot, but what's the point in introducing completely irrelevant points into a discussion about RWT not being dead? All it does is detract from the real issue at hand. Hence why it's considered a logical fallacy.

And, by the way, the concept of good and evil is completely subjective.

...But I digress.

Anyway, I've always wondered why people hate RWT's so much. They don't impose on your gameplay in any way, shape or form nor do they impose on Jagex as real money isn't going through Jagex; Just the parties involved.

But thankfully in a forum discussing Runescape we have a ready source of what is defined as good and bad, or good and evil.

If it's NOT against the rules, it's good.

If it's against the rules, it's bad, or EVIL.

Very easy, Very clear cut.

I think it will be treated like most major bugs in rs history. The first few to discover and use it, usually go unpunished. It is those caught using it multiple times, and after jagex is aware of it that reap the consequences.

Personally, I think Jagex just has its collective hands full right now dealing with all the recent changes, tweaks, etc. My educated guess is that they are working on a suite of related changes to be implemented simultaneously in late Dec / early Jan that will plug the loophole your friend used and many others. In the meantime they are just ignoring minor infractions like these because they are busy.

signew2.png

But thankfully in a forum discussing Runescape we have a ready source of what is defined as good and bad, or good and evil.

If it's NOT against the rules, it's good.

If it's against the rules, it's bad, or EVIL.

Very easy, Very clear cut.

Remington -- you're replying to a forum troll who is incapable of telling right from wrong. He even thinks Hitler was only evil because he was portrayed that way by his enemies. You'll never get anywhere with him, trust me.

signew2.png

Personally, I think Jagex just has its collective hands full right now dealing with all the recent changes, tweaks, etc. My educated guess is that they are working on a suite of related changes to be implemented simultaneously in late Dec / early Jan that will plug the loophole your friend used and many others. In the meantime they are just ignoring minor infractions like these because they are busy.

I suppose the real question is, are they merely turning the blind eye because they are busy preparing updates or are they incapable of detecting such infractions? I know jagex has certainly made some wild claims about things they are able to track... but through personal experience and watching my real life friends play, I severely doubt they are able to do half of what they claim they can do. I've broken or bent the rules many times over the past 6ish years i've played, on multiple accounts... and I have never even been black-marked. On one of my retired accounts, i even used a script to high-alch to 85 magic for me, never got banned. Granted that was about 2-3 years ago, so maybe detection has improved...

pandapk2.jpg