My "quest" to get Lv. 99 mining- and some perks go with it!

AshXQ

Hi there! All of you probably don't know me, but I'd like to share something I've been thinking about for a while. I've always liked to mine, in fact, it yields my highest level out of all skills. The problem is, the level isn't even that great to be honest (63)... so I decided to try to get a level 99 mining stat.

This, is obviously going to take A LOT of time and effort, not to mention how tedious it is to do. I started my planning by using one of the Rune Tip calculators. The numbers were astronomical; talk about discouraging. I figured before I give up, I should at least estimate the outcomes.

The fastest thing to mine: Rune/Pure Essence (I'm a member, so it's pure)

2,529,146 to Lv. 99 Mining

If I use Pure Essence, I'd craft them into either chaos or cosmics, but chaos is more practical because I wouldn't be able to enchant 2,529,146 things.

2,529,146 chaos runes = Lv. 99 Rune Craft

I have to use those chaos runes for something...

2,529,146 wind bolts (air staff + chaos runes) = Lv. 99 Magic

Uh... the outcome isn't bad, eh? Time is the key issue though. Do I really want to spend FOREVER doing this? I calculated the mining part of it, as I cannot calculate any others until I finish.

I have estimated my ability to mine about 100 essence for every 4 or 5 minutes (while running).

100 essence x 5 minutes = 1200 per hour

I need 2,529,146 essence...

2,529,146 / 1200 = 2107.6 (approx.) hours!

It depends on how many hours I play per day, but if I were to be really serious about it (and have enough time for homework and other real life stuff)

2107.6 hrs / 3 hrs per day = 702.5 (approx.) hours for every 3 days

702.5 / 24 hours (1 day) = about 29 days. A month! Only a month!

Think I can do it? I certainly hope so. Wish me luck! Status in avatar~

P.S., I'm interested in agility too. =)

I wish you the best of luck. But then again, you most likely won't be running the entire way every time unless you decide to drink Energy Potions or something. Therefore, it'll most likely take you a month and a half or more.

Believe me, it's tough to give 100% of your attention to something like Mining all the time. Especially when it's over 2 million Pure Essence.

Sorry if I'm sounding negative. I'm just trying to throw in a little bit more reality into the equation.

Once again, good luck!

Nul_Oblivion.png

Retired Member

Nah, you aren't being negative at all, but thanks for reminding me... I won't be able to run ALL the time. I think I'll pick up some energy pots. Thanks for the idea.

You may also want to hang onto any Strange Fruit you get from the Strange Plant random event. Those restore a portion of your energy as well as Purple Sweets you can get from level 2 Clue Scrolls.

Nul_Oblivion.png

Retired Member

I have estimated my ability to mine about 100 essence for every 4 or 5 minutes (while running).

100 essence x 5 minutes = 1200 per hour

I need 2,529,146 essence...

2,529,146 / 1200 = 2107.6 (approx.) hours!

It depends on how many hours I play per day, but if I were to be really serious about it (and have enough time for homework and other real life stuff)

2107.6 hrs / 3 hrs per day = 702.5 (approx.) hours for every 3 days

702.5 / 24 hours (1 day) = about 29 days. A month! Only a month!

Think I can do it? I certainly hope so. Wish me luck! Status in avatar~

P.S., I'm interested in agility too. =)

You don't divide it by another 24 hours. You in fact actually have 702.5 days... Sorry, but you math is wrong... :?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I don't know, but I divided his hours by 24 to get 81.816 days if he goes every hour of the day...was that what he was trying to do? if he only divides it by 3 then he has that many days.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Not sure what you're trying to do, but your math is wrong. It's 702.5 DAYS, which is almost 2 years. :shock: Good luck I guess... If you really want to mine, go with drop mining iron.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

My math isn't wrong; it's a simple conversion.

To convert hours into days, you divide by ONE DAY, in hours, which is 24.

I divided by 3 first because I divided my load of work into 3 hours per day, and then I calculated the day. It would not take 700+ days; are you completely and utterly mad?! If it takes THAT long, how did Zezima manage to get Lv. 99 construction in less than 2 months (if not sooner)?

your math is infact, wrong.

let me do it another way

1200*3 = 3600 ess per day

PER DAY (thats 3 hours of mining 1.2k per hour)

ok so your getting 3600 essence per day and you need 2,529,146

2,529,146 / 3600 essence (per day)

= 702.54055555555555555555555555556

Round it down because the last day you might wanna do the last 1600 essence =

702 DAYS

which equals about 1 year and 10 months

Happy mining =)

It's simple dimensional analysis...

(2107.6 hours / 1) * (1 day / 3 hours) = 702.3 days

And that's it...

You can't go any further.

You currently have 702.3 in days and you can't just magically divide by 24 to get days again.

icecube7.jpeg

And that's it...

You currently have 702.3 in days and you can't just magically divide by 24 to get days again.

100% correct.

The MINIMUM amount of days, mining 1200 ess per hour, playing every minute of 24 hours a day, running every trip, is

88 days of NON STOP playing 24 HOURS A DAY

My math isn't wrong; it's a simple conversion.

To convert hours into days, you divide by ONE DAY, in hours, which is 24.

I divided by 3 first because I divided my load of work into 3 hours per day, and then I calculated the day. It would not take 700+ days; are you completely and utterly mad?! If it takes THAT long, how did Zezima manage to get Lv. 99 construction in less than 2 months (if not sooner)?

dude dude dude....you're way off...

FIRST OF ALL, mining is COMPLETELY different than construction! How could you even compare the two in the same time frame?! If you have a TON of money, construction is one of the fastest skills to level.

Second of all, with your calculations, it would actually take 88 days (YES 88!) of PLAYING FOR 24 hours a day! Now i doubt that will happen, so rethink your math a little, and if your not a very hard working player, I'd rethink your goals.

And that's it...

Lol!

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Not to mention that in general, people who get to level 99s in skills do it using the most efficient/fastest way. This, my friend, is far from it.

Either power mine iron or granite if you are member. You will realize that the numbers are MUCH less "astronomical."

As others have said, happy mining.

"You're pro or you are a noob....

puwre.gif

...that's life." - Athene

i dont even know why you would mine ess to level 99.. plenty of better options

2,533,167 Rune Essence

2,533,167 Clay

723,762 Copper

723,762 Tin

477,956 Limestone

361,881 Iron

316,646 Silver

253,317 Coal

2,533,167 Pure Essence

211,098 Sandstone

194,859 Gem Rock

194,859 Gold

253,317 Granite(tiny)

211,098 Granite(small)

168,878 Granite(medium)

158,323 Mithril

133,325 Adamantite

101,327 Runite

they are your options

your in for ALOT of mining mate

2107.6hr / 3hr per day

'Per' is also written as division. Miles PER hour is mph, or m/h. Kilometers PER hour is k/h.

So: 2107.6hr / 3hr / 1 day (24hrs)

Keyword: ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Dividing the hours by 1 is irrational, since it equals 2107.6. Also, it's not 1 day for every 3 hours, it's the other way around. If you flip a fraction (which is the same as division), it is most likely a different answer; obviously it would be the same in some cases whereas the numerator and denominator are the same, or if there's a 0 in the fraction, but in most cases, if you flip a division problem, the answer is completely different. You did the problem wrong. =(

Edit:

Um, I want to raise other stats in the process?

2107.6hr / 3hr per day

'Per' is also written as division. Miles PER hour is mph, or m/h. Kilometers PER hour is k/h.

Dividing the hours by 1 is irrational, since it equals 2107.6. Also, it's not 1 day for every 3 hours, it's the other way around. If you flip a fraction (which is the same as division), it is most likely a different answer; obviously it would be the same in some cases whereas the numerator and denominator are the same, or if there's a 0 in the fraction, but in most cases, if you flip a division problem, the answer is completely different. You did the problem wrong. =(

you are incomprehensible.

ok you go mine ess for 3 hours a day, for 30 days. i bet you everything i own (which isnt much) that you will have around 108k ess, NOT 2.5mil

If your right you get

D Legs

2.2mil Cash

And a dark bow

It's the same thing, if you're dividing by a fraction, you can multiply by the reciprocal of that fraction.

The way you're doing it,

2106.7 / 3hr / 1 day, you still get the same answer... 702.3 days, not hours. You already canceled your hours out.

And I divided by 1 to make it easier for you to see how the units canceled out.

icecube7.jpeg

2107.6hr / 3hr per day

Keyword: ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Edit:

Um, I want to raise other stats in the process?

Oh my god.

Who are you trying to prove wrong?

Us or you?

Your aiming for the impossible.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.