Made my own paint program... (BETA RELEASED!!)

venomai

Thanks for all the suggestions/bug repots. :)

I'm glad people are enjoying V1.

Amazing, I really Like this New program, much better than Paint, Hands Down ^^ Only thing I would like to see there is a Zoom In & out Button Like on paint ^^

I will try for a zoom in/out for my next version. :)

- Brush/pencil opacity: when you type a number, it changes, but you can't put it back to 100 afterwards, it will only go to 99.

You can type the 0 key to set it to 100. This opacity hotkey is more or less copied from PS. I see the problem though, when you type "100" it stays at 10. I'll be sure to fix that in V2.

When you use the HSB color selection, you need to scroll along the different colors, but i personally find it annoying that the colors in the left part don't change automatically along the colors on the scroll... (if u don't understand it please say so and i'll try to explain it a bit better.)

I find it annoying, too. :) The colour chooser is part of the Swing GUI toolkit, so I'm not sure if there is a clean fix to that. However, I was planning on making a custom colour chooser for the next one.

More options for the Dashed Brush tool.

What kind of extra options?

Are you planning on making it handle screenies? That would be cool.

What do you mean?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More options for the Dashed Brush tool.

What kind of extra options?

More options like this if you untherstand it:

\||\|| :arrow: \= spacebar, |=a square

\\|\\| :arrow: \= spacebar, |=a square

\*\*\* :arrow: \=spacebar, *=a dot

\\*\\* :arrow: \=spacebar, *=a dot

This is just a variation that you could change, however i'm not sure if anyone would use it lol :P

and maybe some other variations like small objects (for exemple: a leaf brush in photoshop, leaf-space-leaf).

still a great program yet :thumbsup: ::'

taz3xk1.jpg

hmm, i cants seem to open it. i downloaded it, and when i want to open it, this is what i get

You need Java Web Start to run it. Download the latest version of Java and it should work when you try to run the JNLP. :)

http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/

It says "Unable to launch the application."

Here are some screenshots:

Do you have heavy firewalls or proxies set up?

What browser are you using?

It might be a bug with Java. I'll try to find a workaround but you might be stuck waiting until the applet release. :(

Just started progress on the next version. Here's a screenshot of the new brush system.

picto2uz2.jpg

It supports textures, as you can see with the feathered brush and the splatter brush. :)

I've also fixed most of the old version's brush glitches.

hmm, i cants seem to open it. i downloaded it, and when i want to open it, this is what i get

You need Java Web Start to run it. Download the latest version of Java and it should work when you try to run the JNLP. :)

http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/

Thx!

Do you have Java installed?

i do now :D

venomai, I use Firefox. Does that help? I wanna use your program. :(

Do you have any other browsers? If so, would you mind trying them?

It may be related to this bug:

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bu ... id=6504564

CUSTOMER SUBMITTED WORKAROUND :

In Firefox, Tools -> Options, Advanced, Connection/Settings..., Select Manual Proxy Configuration and clear host and port for all fields. Click OK. Click OK again.

In Firefox, Tools -> Options, Advanced, Connection/Settings..., Select Direct Connection to the Internet. Click OK. Click OK again.

Posted Date : 2006-12-14 11:06:56.0

TABLET SUPPORT ADDED for Windows & Linux. Here I am trying it out with my Intuos3. :)

picto2mq9.jpg

I have Internet Explorer also, and I don't think it's related to that bug because all of the proxy configuration settings are exactly like those of the workaround for the bug.

Sorry rushrock, I have no idea what the problem is. :( I'll ask around on dev forums and see if I can come up with anything. Chances are you'll have to wait for the applet release.

TABLET SUPPORT ADDED for Windows & Linux. Here I am trying it out with my Intuos3. :)

[imghttp]

I have Internet Explorer also, and I don't think it's related to that bug because all of the proxy configuration settings are exactly like those of the workaround for the bug.

Sorry rushrock, I have no idea what the problem is. :( I'll ask around on dev forums and see if I can come up with anything. Chances are you'll have to wait for the applet release.

And what about support for Mac? :P