Runescape- The Massive Online "Adventure" Game?

bubbyjoe2

An adventure is an activity that comprises risky, dangerous and uncertain experiences.In the context of a narrative, the adventure genre is typically applied to works in which the protagonist or other major characters are consistently placed in dangerous situations, and a character who lives by their wits and their skills is often called an adventurer. The term is broad enough to refer to any enterprise that is potentially fraught with risk, such as a business venture or a major life undertaking.

Most of the definition of adventure is real, life threatening, risk. Merchanting is not risky. It's not an "adventure". Sure, it's a "business venture" but, just because the term is "broad" enough to be used as a "Business adventure" it's still not used right. Unless your merchanting adventure involves being burnt by dragons, shot by arrows, or being shanked it's not really an adventure in the original sense.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life is an adventure. RS is more like life. You get screwed over... a lot. By the property of transition, RS is an adventure :)

Yeah, I agree. So what? There still is the CHANCE for adventure! (the revanents, the edge dungeon--come to think of it, I haven't entered it yet in my 4 years of playing!--etc...)

ive been playing for 2 and a half year, and i have alot fun to do and im f2p!!!

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

Main Entry: 1adÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷venÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ture

Pronunciation: \ÃÆââ¬Â°Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d-ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ãâ¹Ã¢â¬Â ven-chÃÆââ¬Â°Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢r\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English aventure, chance, risk, from Anglo-French, from Vulgar Latin *adventura, from Latin adventus, past participle of advenire to arrive, from ad- + venire to come ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

cooltext68818402.gif

It is perfectly possible to go through the entire game to where you have maxed out stats and great gear without once trading with other players/on the GE. It isn't easy, but it IS an adventure. It all depends on weither you want to take the easy way out and get supplies/make money through trading with people rather than stores.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Whell, I think that there are two sides of the comunity, the adventure hungry, monster killing ones and the laid back, skilling ones. I am more of a skiller since I found out that clicking on a Lesser Demon and watching my character swing at him is the same as clicking on a Yew tree and watching my character swing at it, just that the tree gives me logs all the time and the demon coins and ashes. No big difference really.

And when you say that mining, woodcutting, fishing, ..., are all repetitive skills, so is combat, you still click and wait, don' t you? With the exeption of eating once in a while or drinking a potion. High leveled monsters are also repetitive actions, just more clicking. Atleast in my oppinion that is.

And I see what you mean, I agree on that, but do you know what all you can do in Rune Scape? Someone stated that the area you want is similar to Elf Woods (or something), and it doesn' t stop there. You can go kill Black Demons, Dragons, everything you want, just use your imagination.

With some imagination, a couple of willing friends, some snowballs and a peacefull area, you can easilly have fun.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Yeah, I agree a little with you, but it's mainly lost the adventure sense cos of the autoers. The new changes destroy the sense of adventure in in the wildy and the new changes are mainly cos of the autoers.

Autoers or Adventures? Take your pick

~JW