Assassin's Creed OR Oblivion?

SanFranciscoGiants

deep_pain, I'm sorry but you are so dead wrong it isn't even funny.

The fact is you do need a more expensive PC than a console to be able to match its performance.

a $400 computer would not get you much to be able to game on these days. Lets take a recent game, bioshock, to prove a point.

Bioshock (to run on all highs) takes roughly

Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor

System RAM: 2GB

Video card:

DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better)

DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

Sound Card: Sound BlasterÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî X-FiÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

for the recommended requirements. Keep in mind this is to really get it to match the 360's performance and graphical quality. It may, just because it is a PC, surpass it but I'm not sure if they scaled bioshock upwards more for PC users (save for DX 10).

Now looking at prices here, if we're wanting to run it in DX9 you first need a 512MB card or better. Honestly you will not find a good one for lower than around $170 or so. I have a 256MB card that manages to run bioshock well, but it does skip at certain parts.

The cheapest intel 2 duo core processor is roughly around $120 or so if I remember correctly. Throw in 2 gig's of ram and we're up another 40, and our price is up to about $330 total.

Than throw in a $50 PSU (550 w or so), an operating system ($90 or so) and a case ($30 for a cheap one) and it's up far above a 360 already ($500 about).

Than put in a hard drive, about $50 for a decent one.... and any other parts you need, and well -- its a bit more expensive than the console. I'm not even really including everything.

Now to pick this post apart a bit.

Bear in mind a PC game doesnt have to run in "high detail" to compete with a console, for example Oblivion on 360 plays at about medium PC settings, dont believe me, do a search..

No, it doesn't have to. However most games I know that are 360/PC the only difference for the PC graphical wise is if you run it in DX10.

Also PC games are on average 50% cheaper than Console games, 5 games and selling console would probably soon save him the amount he spends on any upgrade.

The hell?

New 360 game, $60

New PC Game, $50

That is no where near half cheaper, not even in the same ballpark.

Most people are unaware of the fact that PC's at the SAME price as a console can perform equally, and yes obviously the higher end the PC the more it can outperform consoles. I was giving him these suggestions as an option, had he said on his post, I know PC's are better, but I enjoy spending more money and playing consoles I wouldnt have posted any suggestion about upgrading a PC.

See above, you're wrong.

Obviously somewhere along the line I have annoyed you, but you have picked the wrong post to say that 'your "solution" is so far off the mark it wasn't even funny'

You're solution was off the mark. This guy was asking what game to buy, not how he should upgrade his damn computer. Honestly, take your fanboyism elsewhere -- this is not the place for it.

My post is entirely factual.

PC's can outperform both consoles on oblivion

PC games are cheaper.

Your entire post is just speculating.

You can get a quad core, 1GB of fast ram and an 8800 or equivalent for around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300 max here, that is $600. obviously you can spend much more, but personally I would actually spend less.

Ok, sure you can do that. Except that a PC includes much more than just a processor, ram, and a video card. You're leaving out the cost for a:

Motherboard

Hard drive

Case

Operating System

Sound card (if you don't use onboard)

Power supply

Considering that your solution was already 200 bucks over what a 360 costs, once you factor in these costs it comes out to a lot more than what you would originally project -- in fact, it would probably come out to about the price of what I suggested.... Amazing, isn't it?

Please remember that if his motherboard is even a bit old he won't be able to do your upgrades, because of a lack of a PCI-E slot and most likely it won't support intel 2 duo core processors as well. The reason why I make this assumption is that I'm fairly sure he's just a console gamer.

TO play Oblivion at medium settings you need only spend ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã150 ($300) on those 3 core parts. OK the PC will not be as powerful as the 360, however that is the settings the 360 plays in.. so it will look the same and fps is about the same so who cares if the 360 core is supposedly faster.

Oblivion was fairly poorly optimized for the PC. Also you keep saying it runs on all medium settings on the 360, yet you have not bothered to actually post any sort of proof.

Buy cheaper parts, get equal performance then in a year upgrade when PC's will far outperform consoles, just spend a little every year, perhaps the money you saved on games alone, and a PC will always outperform 360 and ps3

Look, I love PC's -- ok. Don't get me wrong, I'm a PC gamer my self and enjoy them over consoles.

However, a PC is much more of an investment then a console is. If you get a console at the start of its lifespan it'll cost (at least for the 360) $400 for the console and basic's. Now please keep in mind that most consoles life span goes on for (roughly) 5 years or so before it is outdated. Meanwhile I know (personally) that I have gone through possibly 3 PC's within 5 years, maybe 6 years. There becomes a point with a PC where upgrading it doesn't really help unless you really plan ahead, because newer chipsets won't be compatible with your motherboard or something like that.

[hide]

The fact is you do need a more expensive PC than a console to be able to match its performance.

a $400 computer would not get you much to be able to game on these days. Lets take a recent game, bioshock, to prove a point.

UK Price ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã40 ($80)

UK price under ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã40 ($80)

Video card:

DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better)

8600 UK price ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã60 ($120)

Sound Card: Sound BlasterÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî X-FiÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards) I know a lot of motherboards at under ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã40 that have compatible HD sound built in, but as I was talking about an upgrade and not a full computer I wont add that

total ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã140 ($280) Bear in mind that Uk prices for parts are higher than U.S counterparts in general.

for the recommended requirements. Keep in mind this is to really get it to match the 360's performance and graphical quality. It may, just because it is a PC, surpass it but I'm not sure if they scaled bioshock upwards more for PC users (save for DX 10).

Now looking at prices here, if we're wanting to run it in DX9 you first need a 512MB card or better. Honestly you will not find a good one for lower than around $170 or so. I have a 256MB card that manages to run bioshock well, but it does skip at certain parts.

The cheapest intel 2 duo core processor is roughly around $120 or so if I remember correctly. Throw in 2 gig's of ram and we're up another 40, and our price is up to about $330 total.

Than throw in a $50 PSU (550 w or so), an operating system ($90 or so) and a case ($30 for a cheap one) and it's up far above a 360 already ($500 about).

Than put in a hard drive, about $50 for a decent one.... and any other parts you need, and well -- its a bit more expensive than the console. I'm not even really including everything.

I wont include harddrive, because if it is within the last 5 years it would be fine. The same with Case lol.. unless it's preraphaelite it's going to most likely be ATX, operating system should be with his current PC it was a suggestion of an upgrade as mentioned several times not a new computer

Bear in mind a PC game doesnt have to run in "high detail" to compete with a console, for example Oblivion on 360 plays at about medium PC settings, dont believe me, do a search..

No, it doesn't have to. However most games I know that are 360/PC the only difference for the PC graphical wise is if you run it in DX10.

Also PC games are on average 50% cheaper than Console games, 5 games and selling console would probably soon save him the amount he spends on any upgrade.

The hell?

New 360 game, $60

New PC Game, $50

Did I say new releases? I said average

Most people are unaware of the fact that PC's at the SAME price as a console can perform equally, and yes obviously the higher end the PC the more it can outperform consoles. I was giving him these suggestions as an option, had he said on his post, I know PC's are better, but I enjoy spending more money and playing consoles I wouldnt have posted any suggestion about upgrading a PC.

See above, you're wrong.

Qualify?

Obviously somewhere along the line I have annoyed you, but you have picked the wrong post to say that 'your "solution" is so far off the mark it wasn't even funny'

You're solution was off the mark. This guy was asking what game to buy, not how he should upgrade his damn computer. Honestly, take your fanboyism elsewhere -- this is not the place for it.

Not a solution it wa a suggestion

PC games are cheaper.

qualify

You can get a quad core, 1GB of fast ram and an 8800 or equivalent for around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300 max here, that is $600. obviously you can spend much more, but personally I would actually spend less.

Ok, sure you can do that. Except that a PC includes much more than just a processor, ram, and a video card. You're leaving out the cost for a:

Motherboard

Hard drive

Case

Operating System

Power supply

did I say new PC? I said upgrade

Considering that your solution was already 200 bucks over what a 360 costs, once you factor in these costs it comes out to a lot more than what you would originally project -- in fact, it would probably come out to about the price of what I suggested.... Amazing, isn't it?

Please remember that if his motherboard is even a bit old he won't be able to do your upgrades, because of a lack of a PCI-E slot and most likely it won't support intel 2 duo core processors as well. The reason why I make this assumption is that I'm fairly sure he's just a console gamer.

You are right, but he would probably no need to buy the 10 mile list of other irrelivent tat you mention

TO play Oblivion at medium settings you need only spend ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã150 ($300) on those 3 core parts. OK the PC will not be as powerful as the 360, however that is the settings the 360 plays in.. so it will look the same and fps is about the same so who cares if the 360 core is supposedly faster.

Oblivion was fairly poorly optimized for the PC. Also you keep saying it runs on all medium settings on the 360, yet you have not bothered to actually post any sort of proof.

Well it was only ever a suggestion that he upgrade a PC not intended to be an argument that needed quotes and qualifying. If you believe this statement to be wrong you qualify and I will then find the proof

Buy cheaper parts, get equal performance then in a year upgrade when PC's will far outperform consoles, just spend a little every year, perhaps the money you saved on games alone, and a PC will always outperform 360 and ps3

Look, I love PC's -- ok. Don't get me wrong, I'm a PC gamer my self and enjoy them over consoles.

However, a PC is much more of an investment then a console is. If you get a console at the start of its lifespan it'll cost (at least for the 360) $400 for the console and basic's. Now please keep in mind that most consoles life span goes on for (roughly) 5 years or so before it is outdated. Meanwhile I know (personally) that I have gone through possibly 3 PC's within 5 years, maybe 6 years. There becomes a point with a PC where upgrading it doesn't really help unless you really plan ahead, because newer chipsets won't be compatible with your motherboard or something like that.

Too much to argue with, one thing xbox and ps2 were very obviously way behind PC's when they came to the end of their 5 year life, but there was one very different point. When PS2 came out it was far ahead of any PC on the market, When PS3 came out high end PC's could already compete, You think in 5 years a 360 will compete with a PC?.

[/hide]

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

I never said in 5 years a 360 will compete with a PC, but at any rate it will still have games out for it and still have a large user base. You don't need cutting edge tech to enjoy yourself.

At the rest of your points, most of those are very much needed if he doesn't have the correct motherboard.

And you know that 360 games get marked down in price too, right? Jesus you're thick.

Also you still have not given me any sort of fact that oblivion runs on mediums on the 360, I'm still waiting for it... really.

[hide]

UK Price ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã40 ($80)

UK price under ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã40 ($80)

Video card:

8600 UK price ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã60 ($120)

Sound Card: Sound BlasterÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî X-FiÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards) I know a lot of motherboards at under ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã40 that have compatible HD sound built in, but as I was talking about an upgrade and not a full computer I wont add that

total ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã140 ($280) Bear in mind that Uk prices for parts are higher than U.S counterparts in general.

I wont include harddrive, because if it is within the last 5 years it would be fine. The same with Case lol.. unless it's preraphaelite it's going to most likely be ATX, operating system should be with his current PC it was a suggestion of an upgrade as mentioned several times not a new computer

The hell?

New 360 game, $60

New PC Game, $50

Did I say new releases? I said average

See above, you're wrong.

Qualify?

Not a solution it wa a suggestion

PC games are cheaper.

qualify

Motherboard

Hard drive

Case

Operating System

Power supply

did I say new PC? I said upgrade

You are right, but he would probably no need to buy the 10 mile list of other irrelivent tat you mention

Well it was only ever a suggestion that he upgrade a PC not intended to be an argument that needed quotes and qualifying. If you believe this statement to be wrong you qualify and I will then find the proof

Too much to argue with, one thing xbox and ps2 were very obviously way behind PC's when they came to the end of their 5 year life, but there was one very different point. When PS2 came out it was far ahead of any PC on the market, When PS3 came out high end PC's could already compete, You think in 5 years a 360 will compete with a PC?.

[/hide]

How ignorant.

At the moment with my pc I need to spend near ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 to get the video card and ram updated....and my pc is actually quite good.

[hide]

I never said in 5 years a 360 will compete with a PC, but at any rate it will still have games out for it and still have a large user base. You don't need cutting edge tech to enjoy yourself.

Now please keep in mind that most consoles life span goes on for (roughly) 5 years or so before it is outdated.
If it doesnt compete then it is outdated

At the rest of your points, most of those are very much needed if he doesn't have the correct motherboard.

Most of what? a Hard drive? 99% of motherboards still have IDE connections as well as SATA, A case? In maybe the last 100 callouts I have had I have seen 2 or 3 cases that wernt ATX, he very likely wouldnt need a case to upgrade. O/S he'd only need to buy if he was using an OEM version, which as mentioned 100 times it was an upgrade suggestion NOT a new compuer "solution"

And you know that 360 games get marked down in price too, right? Jesus you're thick.

Just as a quick comparison in the UK S.T.A.L.K.E.R was ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã49.99-ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã59.99 when it was released on console. ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã22.99 in the UK on PC.

Oblivion the case we are talking about currently double the price on 360 and even more on PS3 than PC.

Yes I am thick :ohnoes:

Also you still have not given me any sort of fact that oblivion runs on mediums on the 360, I'm still waiting for it... really.

well I've spent far far far more time on this post that I woul dhave liked to, I made a suggestion about what I would do in somebody elses siuation.

As mentioned before this is my job, unlike you who once had to build a PC for $850, I do this day in and day out. You've insulted me, which I havent you, I've provided proof, spent far more time answering someone's post, who to be honest is so rude they dont deserve it. I could spend hours finding the original posts that were made by devs a good 6 months or more ago on the bethesda site, but quite frankly I've qualified and spent far more time on this post than I would care too. Maybe if someone else would like to know I would spend that time, but why should I for someone who can only make there point without proof and by telling me im thick?

EDIT:

Sorry SanFran for hijacking your post, but I don't appreciate being calld incredibly stupid or thick, Just for stating an opinion. A: I'm not wrong and B: even if I was wrong, it is easy to disagree without calling someone incredibly stupid or thick. Sorry San. Also sorry for the strangely large writing, all tags are closed :?: ..[/hide]

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

Just as a quick comparison in the UK S.T.A.L.K.E.R was ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã49.99-ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã59.99 when it was released on console. ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã22.99 in the UK on PC.

False info.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R is pc exclusive.

False info.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R is pc exclusive.

you are correct, sorry I was thinking of bioshock, not sure why I said stalker.

check the prices if u want. it was ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã23 in Morrisons on day of release.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

It is not out dated if there is still new material coming out for it, simple as that.

Most of what? a Hard drive? 99% of motherboards still have IDE connections as well as SATA, A case? In maybe the last 100 callouts I have had I have seen 2 or 3 cases that wernt ATX, he very likely wouldnt need a case to upgrade. O/S he'd only need to buy if he was using an OEM version, which as mentioned 100 times it was an upgrade suggestion NOT a new compuer "solution"

- He will need a motherboard.

- He will need a PSU. Chances are the one that came with his PC is only 300-350w or so, he needs at least 550w.

- As far as an OS goes, unless he built he PC I don't think he'd have it available unless its an older one he later updated. I say this because most people just buy a PC from a manufactuerer, and I don't think a lot of them allow the OS instalation on other PC's becide that one (they only give you a repair CD IIRC).

Oblivion the case we are talking about currently double the price on 360 and even more on PS3 than PC.

Yes I am thick

Oblivion, 360: $30.

Oblivion, PC: $30.

A quick look on Amazon.com and I don't even see S.T.A.L.K.E.R yet on a console. Looking around, I don't even think there was a STALKER console release.

As mentioned before this is my job, unlike you who once had to build a PC for $850, I do this day in and day out. You've insulted me, which I havent you, I've provided proof, spent far more time answering someone's post, who to be honest is so rude they dont deserve it. I could spend hours finding the original posts that were made by devs a good 6 months or more ago on the bethesda site, but quite frankly I've qualified and spent far more time on this post than I would care too. Maybe if someone else would like to know I would spend that time, but why should I for someone who can only make there point without proof and by telling me im thick?

I have more experience than you think, don't be so ignorant.

And you STILL have not provided me with any sort of proof on what settings oblivion runs on the 360. This is the third time I have asked.

And sorry, but everything I have posted has proof alongside of it.

PS: On stalker

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.T.A. ... _Chernobyl

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl

Developer(s) GSC Game World

Publisher(s) THQ, GSC Game Publishing (CIS)

Distributor(s) 1C (Russia)

Engine X-Ray engine[1]

Latest version 1.0003

Release date(s) EU March 23 2007

RU March 23 2007

NA March 20 2007

AU March 20 2007

Genre(s) First-person shooter, with RPG elements

Mode(s) Single player, Multiplayer

Rating(s) ESRB: M 17+

OFLC (AU): MA 15+[2]

Platform(s) Windows

yes yes, its a wiki I know -- but I looked else where as well to no avail.

[hide]

It is not out dated if there is still new material coming out for it, simple as that.

The graphics, the technology, the games that are released will be out-dated. If the material is outdated it doesnt make the product they are realeased on not out-dated.

- He will need a motherboard.

- He will need a PSU. Chances are the one that came with his PC is only 300-350w or so, he needs at least 550w.

- As far as an OS goes, unless he built he PC I don't think he'd have it available unless its an older one he later updated. I say this because most people just buy a PC from a manufactuerer, and I don't think a lot of them allow the OS instalation on other PC's becide that one (they only give you a repair CD IIRC).

As you keep saying, but as I keep saying I was never talking about buying a new PC, but even including all those factors, it would still beat your $850 to compete with a 360 by miles. I said UPGRADE i made an assumtption that his computer was within the last few years.. yes plenty of 2 year old motherboards can take dual core processors, you are making the assumption it's ancient, however I said UPGRADE, if his computer is too old to upgrade then obviously my suggestion to UPGRADE would be moot

I deleted stalker as above

I have more experience than you think, don't be so ignorant.

You said it not me, I said it's what I do for a living, the only experience you mentioned is that it recently cost you $850. Going on evidence you gave me is not ignorant, calling people stupid and thick because you disagree is ignorant

And you STILL have not provided me with any sort of proof on what settings oblivion runs on the 360. This is the third time I have asked.

Well as I said it would take me hours, but a simple piece of information that will back up what I say is: 360 doesnt have the ability to support the resolution it can go up to on PC. Again if you question that look it up.

And sorry, but everything I have posted has proof alongside of it.

Everything?

Re: prices:

"console games cheaper than pc"

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22 ... meta=vc%3D

"pc games cheaper than console"

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22 ... meta=vc%3D

[/hide]

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

The graphics, the technology, the games that are released will be out-dated

Meh its not that bad. The 360 still hasn't hit its max potential IMO.

As you keep saying, but as I keep saying I was never talking about buying a new PC, but even including all those factors, it would still beat your $850 to compete with a 360 by miles. I said UPGRADE i made anassumtption that his computer was within the last few years.. yes plenty of 2 year old motherboards can take dual core processors, you are making the assumption it's ancient, however I said UPGRADE, if his computer is too old to upgrade then obviously my suggestion to UPGRADE would be mute

You keep flip-flopping on what you said. Sometimes you'll say that you could buy a PC for the price of a 360 and have it compete, and then other times you've said you're just assuming he has certain parts so you only have to buy a small upgrade.

Make up your mind. The $850 or so I mentioned was for a brand new PC, not an upgraded one. At any rate while, yes, if he has a good enough PC right now an upgrade would cost less than a 360 it really isn't practical to be honest. It doesn't prove much of a point other than this guy already paid decent cash for a machine, and will have to pay more to upgrade it to be able to match a 360 in power.

Meanwhile he could just keep his 360 and not go through all that hassle. (and you're assuming he could sell the PC for as much as he got it for. Chances are he'd have to sell it for a good chunk less than what he bought it for).

You said it not me, I said it's what I do for a living, the only experience you mentioned is that it recently cost you $850. Going on evidence you gave me is not ignorant, calling people stupid and thick because you disagree is ignorant

I called you ignorant and thick because several times you have posted incorrect information in this thread. Your bout about the oblivion price: I proved it wrong. And you STILL have not proved anything about oblivion running on the 360.

At any rate the ignorance was just because you sound exactly like a fanboy, that is -- suggesting he just pick up something else other than the current platform he is happy with.

Everything?

Pretty much, yes.

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/sea.....meta=vc%3D

Yes, PC games are cheaper than consoles. I already says that, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

However they are not anywhere near half as cheap as what you stated earlier. Yeah, at times a price cut for the PC may happen and the console side might miss out -- but often enough they happen at about the same times for about as much. The only difference between PC and 360 prices normally is the 360 goes for about $10 more.

[hide]

As you keep saying, but as I keep saying I was never talking about buying a new PC, but even including all those factors, it would still beat your $850 to compete with a 360 by miles. I said UPGRADE i made anassumtption that his computer was within the last few years.. yes plenty of 2 year old motherboards can take dual core processors, you are making the assumption it's ancient, however I said UPGRADE, if his computer is too old to upgrade then obviously my suggestion to UPGRADE would be mute

You keep flip-flopping on what you said. Sometimes you'll say that you could buy a PC for the price of a 360 and have it compete, and then other times you've said you're just assuming he has certain parts so you only have to buy a small upgrade.

OK I'll make it clear as you seem to have got lost along the way.

I said he couuld upgrade and have it compete (I made an assumption that his PC was less than 2 years old)

You said it would cost at least 850

I said no it could be upgraded for in the region of $600 to be better than a 360 ( performance it would be far better). I also then mentioned that the fact some of these games dont use full power on consoles, that you wouldnt need a PC as powerful to get simular graphics and frame rate as a 360 this I said could be done as an upgrade if I remember rightly for a lower sum.

Make up your mind. The $850 or so I mentioned was for a brand new PC, not an upgraded one. At any rate while, yes, if he has a good enough PC right now an upgrade would cost less than a 360 it really isn't practical to be honest. It doesn't prove much of a point other than this guy already paid decent cash for a machine, and will have to pay more to upgrade it to be able to match a 360 in power.

Yes the $850 is what you said for a new one. from the start I have tried making it clear that it was a suggestion not a solution as you metioned, that it is an upgrade not a new computer as you mentioned.

You said my prices were wrong because it cost you $850, well that has been my point all along, my suggestion was for an upgrade not a new computer, if you feel you had a point to make that his computer might have been too old to upgrade then you should have made a post saying "maybe his computer is too old to upgrade" Not much more would need saying, but you said my whole post was stupid on the basis that you bought a whole new compute for $850, well I never mentioned buying a new computer until you did. All of prices I posted show that I could do an upgrade or build a new computer for cheaper than the price you mention.

Meanwhile he could just keep his 360 and not go through all that hassle. (and you're assuming he could sell the PC for as much as he got it for. Chances are he'd have to sell it for a good chunk less than what he bought it for). As mentioned many times.. yes he could do that, I only ever said a suggestion of an upgrade, not a must do thing

I called you ignorant and thick because several times you have posted incorrect information in this thread. Your bout about the oblivion price: I proved it wrong. And you STILL have not proved anything about oblivion running on the 360.

One price constitutes me being wrong? the reason I didn't bother arguing the point is that I was talking UK prices, I didnt even look at the link you posted when I saw $, how the hell am I meant to know what that exact game cost in the U.S. the prices I mentioned were prices I could buy at as an example.

At any rate the ignorance was just because you sound exactly like a fanboy, that is -- suggesting he just pick up something else other than the current platform he is happy with.

Fed up with you calling me names, I still havent once called you a name on this or any other post? you think that in anyway backs up your argument?

Everything?

Pretty much, yes.

Yes, PC games are cheaper than consoles. I already says that, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

You have at no point agreed PC games are cheaper

However they are not anywhere near half as cheap as what you stated earlier. Yeah, at times a price cut for the PC may happen and the console side might miss out -- but often enough they happen at about the same times for about as much. The only difference between PC and 360 prices normally is the 360 goes for about $10 more.

Sorry maybe this is a UK and U.S. difference, but here Bioshock was 50% cheaper on PC than 360 when released.

Assasins Creed in the UK is ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã49.99 on 360 and ps3

You can already buy it pre-release on PC for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã24.99

Most new PC games here are 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper.

This is the first time you have admitted PC games are cheaper so I will take your word hat they dont reach the same 50% proportions as here.

[/hide]

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

OK I'll make it clear as you seem to have got lost along the way.

I said he couuld upgrade and have it compete (I made an assumption that his PC was less than 2 years old)

You said it would cost at least 850

I said no it could be upgraded for in the region of $600 to be better than a 360 ( performance it would be far better). I also then mentioned that the fact some of these games dont use full power on consoles, that you wouldnt need a PC as powerful to get simular graphics and frame rate as a 360 this I said could be done as an upgrade if I remember rightly for a lower sum.

I said to make a BRAND NEW machine that would be able to equate a 360 it would probably have to be around $850. I did not say his upgrade had to be $850. The point is we don't even know how much it would take to upgrade his machine because we don't know what his machine is. It could be an outdated one without a PCI-E port, it could be a top of the line machine already and he just wants to get a game for his 360.

What I have been trying to argue this entire time is that for someone to buy a new PC it would cost more than a 360 to get comparable graphics and performance out of it. In fact, check out this reply by yourself -- second page.

A computer doesnt have to be anywhere near $850 dollars to outperform a 360. How do I qualify that? It's my job. Quote available on request.

This is where I went out to prove you wrong. You later decided that that cost should only include upgrades, to try and cover yourself even though you were clearly wrong.

This is another quote which suggests you think an equal price PC will perform as well as a 360. Note, not an upgrade price, but a new PC

You than, later on in the post, posted prices for an upgrade. However those two statements you made were incorrect, as the rest of the parts of his PC (provided he has what is needed to upgrade) would offset the price and bring it far above a 360.

And even with the upgrade price you still priced it at $600, a full $200 more than what a 360 costs. In fact, IIRC they are $350 now, so its $250 more.

As mentioned many times.. yes he could do that, I only ever said a suggestion of an upgrade, not a must do thing

You keep trying to hide behind this. No, its not a must do thing -- yes its a suggestion. I get that. You've said that I think 4 times in this thread already.

However it is a wrong suggestion.

One price constitutes me being wrong? the reason I didn't bother arguing the point is that I was talking UK prices, I didnt even look at the link you posted when I saw $, how the hell am I meant to know what that exact game cost in the U.S. the prices I mentioned were prices I could buy at as an example.

Please read above where I quoted you with more instances of you being blatantly wrong.

You have at no point agreed PC games are cheaper

Stop just listening to what you want to hear.

The hell?

New 360 game, $60

New PC Game, $50

^ that is me, second page. I clearly just stated that a 360 game costs $10 more, thus meaning that the PC game cost less.

Sorry maybe this is a UK and U.S. difference, but here Bioshock was 50% cheaper on PC than 360 when released.

Assasins Creed in the UK is ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã49.99 on 360 and ps3

You can already buy it pre-release on PC for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã24.99

Most new PC games here are 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper.

This is the first time you have admitted PC games are cheaper so I will take your word hat they dont reach the same 50% proportions as here.

I really somehow doubt bioshock was only $30 when it was released, that makes no sense at all for a new game. Pretty much all new PC games run for $50 (I don't know what it is in euro's / pounds).

It probably was just a UK thing with bioshock, who knows. It certainly is not standard practice however.

I[hide] cant be bothered anymore.

If you want to argue some more make a topic so we're not hijacking this guys, or email me, better still I can give you a premium rate support line to call me on, because by the time you figure out that I may be right, well I will be a billonaire.

I've tried to give you all the information you require but I give up, I've tried to be polite and not be as offensive as you, but you are only looking for a fight.

We're going over the same ground over and over again..

I've posted prices enough times to show that a new computer can be upgraded under the $850 price you quote. Event tho I never mentioned a new computer until you did. So why I had to prove that I have no idea.

It all basically comes down to the first post, I made a suggestion for an upgrade, you said my suggesttion was beyond stupidity because an upgrade would cost much more as yours cost you $850

Now ur saying you were talking about a new computer? well why? I was talking about an upgrade, have only ever wanted to talk about an upgrade, my original post was about an upgrade. then you post and say it's completely stupid because an upgrade cost you $850:

Where here do you mention new PC???

You should know how expensive upgrading a PC is. If his PC is outdated (I.E if he isn't a PC gamer and doesn't keep it updated) it will take more than just selling his console and an extra hundred bucks to 'upgrade' it. Mine cost me about $850 and thats about the minimum you can spend for a powerful enough PC for todays games to run them on mostly high details.

If you are talking about upgrades and then say mine cost $850, you expect me to guess that yours was a new PC? if so why are you calling my suggestion of an upgrade stupid then the only evidence you give being about ur new PC.

As I say I'm done

sorry again Original Poster[/hide]

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

That's awesome, you don't even admit you were wrong on anything else and are still singing the same tune.

If you are talking about upgrades and then say mine cost $850, you expect me to guess that yours was a new PC? if so why are you calling my suggestion of an upgrade stupid then the only evidence you give being about ur new PC.

In that quote you posted I clearly said that if his PC was outdated that it would cost that much. You are assuming that his PC has an up to date motherboard that supports intel 2 duo core (hell, quad core) and has a PCI-E slot.

Reading comprehension would do wonders for you.

And you posted several times (in fact, I quoted them last post) where you clearly were talking about a new machine. Stop making stuff up, stop reading only what you want to hear... well just stop lying really.

I was rude because you posting such an off the wall comment was uncalled for. Its the same thing as a person posting on a thread about what PC to build and some bonehead pop's in and recommends a Mac. Its the same thing as someone asking on what PS3 or Wii stuff to get, and some guy says "lol no PS3/Wii sux, get a 360".

It was uncalled for because that isn't what this thread is about. I thought it was a pretty clear choice on what he was debating against here, and I am pretty sure "sell my 360 and upgrade my PC" was not one of them.

I would be rude to anyone else who barged in like that as well.

^ IN OTHAR NEWS:

Assassin's Creed is definitely worth the $60. Hours of gameplay seem like minutes.

One question: When I'm going to new cities, there's always this icon that shows up, and whenever I follow it it gets closer really fast and I get transported to that waiting-room-type thing where the woman robot tells me a piece of information on gameplay. Why's it doing that?

[hide]Lol how can you start a post by saying "this is so incredibly stupid I dont know where to start" then say that the only thing you disagreed with what I had said was IF his machine old that yours cost you $850.

I have never denied mentioning a new machine, I have all along said I DID NOT mention a new machine in my original post, my post was purely about an UPGRADE, any mention of a new machine was in reply to you and your points.

You might not have liked my suggestion, but it doesnt stop the facts of the prices for an upgrade I posted, being correct, and since then the prices for a new PC being correct.

Lets make it nice and simple in a time line for you.

1: I said that for little more than the price of his console, he could upgrade his PC to be more powerful than a Console.

2: you took some kind of offence, maybe my post seemed curt or short. But hey you called me about 5 or 6 names so far.

3: You refuted the fact that it could be upgraded for that price, , how am i meant to make the leap between you saying my idea of an upgrade is stupid, because yours (then never mentioning a new pc) cost $850, I was talking about an upgrade, you said that was stupid, stiill talking about upgrades said yours cost $850.

Meh as I said I'm done.

Call me more names if you want, argue with me more because I wont be here, to be honest I made a suggestion, maybe it was a suggestion that you dont like, maybe I came across in some way that offended you. Well this is the internet get over it, I dont even know why I have been so bothered as to reply.

I have never and will never attack one of your posts by calling it stupid, by calling you thick, by calling you ignorant or any of the other names you have chosen to call me. the only reason I have sat here posting is because I know I can upgrade most computers under 2 years old to be better than an xbox/ps3 for around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300, if you sold a ps3 in the UK and you had a computer under 2 years old I can and do upgrade them for little more than the cost of selling a console as mentioned in my first post.

You dont believe this can be done well fine.. I wouldnt care if you can or cant, the only reason I have been on here half the night arguing my point is because you are rude and offensive. Well to be honest I have better things to do, I have posted as much info as I can. If you dont agree fine

Just because you doubt something doesnt make a person wrong:

Bioshock ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã22.99 from release date:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deal/43789/bi ... in-edition

Preorder prices of assassins creed: ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã20

http://uk.gamestracker.com/buy-assassin ... ces-pc.htm

Sorry to the OP again.[/hide]

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

^ IN OTHAR NEWS:

Assassin's Creed is definitely worth the $60. Hours of gameplay seem like minutes.

One question: When I'm going to new cities, there's always this icon that shows up, and whenever I follow it it gets closer really fast and I get transported to that waiting-room-type thing where the woman robot tells me a piece of information on gameplay. Why's it doing that?

Because it's loading the new city area at that time.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Hmmmmm only read the first page and yes AC may be finished in 15 hour's that is if you don't do all the investigations, get all the flags, save all citizens, all viewpoints ect., ect.

So yes 15 hours if need be, a lot longer if your a perfectionist.

Tbhyespl0x.jpg

[hide]

Lol how can you start a post by saying "this is so incredibly stupid I dont know where to start" then say that the only thing you disagreed with what I had said was IF his machine old that yours cost you $850.

I have never denied mentioning a new machine, I have all along said I DID NOT mention a new machine in my original post, my post was purely about an UPGRADE, any mention of a new machine was in reply to you and your points.

You might not have liked my suggestion, but it doesnt stop the facts of the prices for an upgrade I posted, being correct, and since then the prices for a new PC being correct.

Lets make it nice and simple in a time line for you.

1: I said that for little more than the price of his console, he could upgrade his PC to be more powerful than a Console.

2: you took some kind of offence, maybe my post seemed curt or short. But hey you called me about 5 or 6 names so far.

3: You refuted the fact that it could be upgraded for that price, , how am i meant to make the leap between you saying my idea of an upgrade is stupid, because yours (then never mentioning a new pc) cost $850, I was talking about an upgrade, you said that was stupid, stiill talking about upgrades said yours cost $850.

Meh as I said I'm done.

Call me more names if you want, argue with me more because I wont be here, to be honest I made a suggestion, maybe it was a suggestion that you dont like, maybe I came across in some way that offended you. Well this is the internet get over it, I dont even know why I have been so bothered as to reply.

I have never and will never attack one of your posts by calling it stupid, by calling you thick, by calling you ignorant or any of the other names you have chosen to call me. the only reason I have sat here posting is because I know I can upgrade most computers under 2 years old to be better than an xbox/ps3 for around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300, if you sold a ps3 in the UK and you had a computer under 2 years old I can and do upgrade them for little more than the cost of selling a console as mentioned in my first post.

You dont believe this can be done well fine.. I wouldnt care if you can or cant, the only reason I have been on here half the night arguing my point is because you are rude and offensive. Well to be honest I have better things to do, I have posted as much info as I can. If you dont agree fine

Just because you doubt something doesnt make a person wrong:

Bioshock ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã22.99 from release date:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deal/43789/bi ... in-edition

Preorder prices of assassins creed: ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã20

http://uk.gamestracker.com/buy-assassin ... ces-pc.htm

Sorry to the OP again.

[/hide]

Have you even played AC

If you have you'll know full well its aimed at consoles because of the layout etc...

^ IN OTHAR NEWS:

Because it's loading the new city area at that time.

But it keeps doing that.