Assassin's Creed OR Oblivion?

SanFranciscoGiants

I would suggest not buying Assassin's Creed. I rented it the first day it came out, it's much too short to be purchase-worthy. Rent it if you have the chance to.

Having said that, get Oblivion. Although I would recommend you to get Oblivion for PC instead because of the downloadable mods and such. Although it's still good for 360.

(If you don't get Oblivion, but still want an RPG, get Mass Effect.) :thumbsup:

Oblivion will last you eons, and I mean EONS. But, Assassin's Creed might be more fun. I own Oblivion, but I have not played Assassin's Creed yet.

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

One lasts for maybe 15 hours, the other (if you want) can last for hundreds of hours.

You decide. Seriously though, AC is a rental game and not something worth a full purchace. As far as oblivion goes I never played it that much, however I did beat the main campaign and the dark brotherhood questlines -- and that took quite a bit of gameplay time.

One lasts for maybe 15 hours, the other (if you want) can last for hundreds of hours.

You decide. Seriously though, AC is a rental game and not something worth a full purchace. As far as oblivion goes I never played it that much, however I did beat the main campaign and the dark brotherhood questlines -- and that took quite a bit of gameplay time.

Depends on what kind of 100-hour gameplay you like though. Some quests and the walking-around-dungeons in Oblivion just get boring.

AC is a shorter game but it has a somewhat cool plot, extremely free character movement... Your decision :)

Assassin's Creed is a lot shorter but has a really, really fun Campaign Mode, and Oblivion is the kind of game that, if you like that sort of RPG-fantasyish game, will last you a very long time with quality gaming hours.

I'm getting both later in the week for Christmas. ::'

I've had Oblivion for a few months, and just got Assasins Creed.

Before I got AC, I always spent my time in Oblivion using Expert Level destruction spells on guards, and have killed more than a thousand of them in total with a variety of custom spells. I completely disregarded all aspects of the game, and just spent my time getting in fights.

Then I played AC, and found out it was my job to kill guards, and in the coolest ways possible.

For the way I play, AC without a second thought. Oblivion just bores the living daylights out of me. So much content, yet so little fun. AC, so much less total content, but so much more f'ing fun.

[it's especially interesting, 'cause I do a lot of Tricking and Parkour in real life, so my regular movements often give me deja vu moments of the game :lol: .]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

EDIT:

A note to the Original Poster, sorry your thread got hijacked a bit, but rather embarrassingly I got drawn into an immature argument. Someone calling me names raises my heckles and I rose to the bait and defended my post. It's only when he started trying to draw me into an argument on another post that I realised just how childish this person is. I'm rather ashamed I even tried to explain myself to him.

As the whole of the next page was pretty much hijacked by completely off topic posts I have hidden all my posts.

Sorry OP

[hide]

I'm assuming as you're talking about getting asassins creed, you will be getting it on console.

In which case, sell your console, spend the proceeds on upgrading your PC. Buy Oblivion on PC as graphics are better than either console if your PC is powerful enough. Wait 'til next spring and then buy Creed on PC which unless the game is limited to keep console players from getting jealous, the PC graphics will also be better.

Look up oblivion glitch or assasins creed glitch with your chosen console.. remember PC versions have patches much more often.

Also PC has large communities making add ons such as new quests and armour and weapons, and animals and maps and mods etc etc etc.. for oblivion on PC I should imagine they will do simular (not on such a large scale) for Assasins Creed.

a powerful PC > 360 & ps3 (hard to compare to Wii at the moment).

Also PC games are cheaper.. so cheaper, better graphics, more patches, more updates, more mods, & games for windows means there is finally universal controller support.. just plug in a 360 controller & go.[/hide]

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

I'm assuming as you're talking about getting asassins creed, you will be getting it on console.

In which case, sell your console, spend the proceeds on upgrading your PC. Buy Oblivion on PC as graphics are better than either console if your PC is powerful enough. Wait 'til next spring and then buy Creed on PC which unless the game is limited to keep console players from getting jealous, the PC graphics will also be better.

Look up oblivion glitch or assasins creed glitch with your chosen console.. remember PC versions have patches much more often.

Also PC has large communities making add ons such as new quests and armour and weapons, and animals and maps and mods etc etc etc.. for oblivion on PC I should imagine they will do simular (not on such a large scale) for Assasins Creed.

Also PC games are cheaper.. so cheaper, better graphics, more patches, more updates, more mods, & games for windows means there is finally universal controller support.. just plug in a 360 controller & go.

Are you really suggesting that he spends over ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 just updating a pc? Just to play games?...

Also PC games are cheaper.. so cheaper, better graphics, more patches, more updates, more mods, & games for windows means there is finally universal controller support.. just plug in a 360 controller & go.

This is so incredibly stupid I don't know where to start.

You should know how expensive upgrading a PC is. If his PC is outdated (I.E if he isn't a PC gamer and doesn't keep it updated) it will take more than just selling his console and an extra hundred bucks to 'upgrade' it. Mine cost me about $850 and thats about the minimum you can spend for a powerful enough PC for todays games to run them on mostly high details.

Seriously, if he enjoys consoles let him. Your 'solution' was so off the mark it wasn't even funny.

[hide]A computer doesnt have to be anywhere near $850 dollars to outperform a 360. How do I qualify that? It's my job. Quote available on request.

Bear in mind a PC game doesnt have to run in "high detail" to compete with a console, for example Oblivion on 360 plays at about medium PC settings, dont believe me, do a search..

Also PC games are on average 50% cheaper than Console games, 5 games and selling console would probably soon save him the amount he spends on any upgrade.

Most people are unaware of the fact that PC's at the SAME price as a console can perform equally, and yes obviously the higher end the PC the more it can outperform consoles. I was giving him these suggestions as an option, had he said on his post, I know PC's are better, but I enjoy spending more money and playing consoles I wouldnt have posted any suggestion about upgrading a PC.

Obviously somewhere along the line I have annoyed you, but you have picked the wrong post to say that 'your "solution" is so far off the mark it wasn't even funny'

My post is entirely factual.

PC's can outperform both consoles on oblivion

PC games are cheaper.

I was not saying you must do this, it was never a solution it was a suggestion.

Yes I admittedly made an assumption that he is not on a 10 year old computer, but you have also made the assumption that he is.

You can get a quad core, 1GB of fast ram and an 8800 or equivalent for around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300 max here, that is $600. obviously you can spend much more, but personally I would actually spend less.

TO play Oblivion at medium settings you need only spend ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã150 ($300) on those 3 core parts. OK the PC will not be as powerful as the 360, however that is the settings the 360 plays in.. so it will look the same and fps is about the same so who cares if the 360 core is supposedly faster.

Buy cheaper parts, get equal performance then in a year upgrade when PC's will far outperform consoles, just spend a little every year, perhaps the money you saved on games alone, and a PC will always outperform 360 and ps3.

------------------

Edit: just a quick qualification of the facts

I haven't bothered checking for the cheapest or most powerful parts. Just a real quick search to give an idea. Wasn't sure If I am allowed to post link so thought it best not.

intel core 2 quad ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã151 (obviously AMD about 1/3rd cheaper)

Corsair 1GB 800MHz ram ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã26 (not the cheapest ram by far)

Nvidia 8800 GTS ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã130 (there is a GTX for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 more).

As you can see that totals less than ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300 ($600) I've not looked for parts in $ although PC parts in the U.S are usually cheaper than the UK.

As I said before you dont neccesarily need to compete on pure power, consoles small amount of ram and processor cache, natively make games like oblivion and A-Creed run a bit better. To achieve the same graphics and FPS output of oblivion, as you get on a 360 you do not need to equal the 360's power, you could do it on a ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã200 ($400) PC.[/hide]

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting