Clan Forum Suggestions

tripsis

What would you like to see implemented on Tip.it to help improve the clan section? Post any ideas or suggestions that you have here!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Repeat yourself if you wish, it's just nice to have all the ideas in one place.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Tip.it needs a section for Unions - I myself am a union leader and i am now noticing how hard it is to change the union community from RSB to RSB and RSC.

Unions may be known as a RSB thing however The United Clan Federation has plans of which to move to a balance between RSB and RSC and this movement would greatly help both RSB and RSC by giving a strong link between them, a forum area or more clarity on where a thread could go would be greatly appreciated.

Tip.it needs a section for Unions - I myself am a union leader and i am now noticing how hard it is to change the union community from RSB to RSB and RSC.

Unions may be known as a RSB thing however The United Clan Federation has plans of which to move to a balance between RSB and RSC and this movement would greatly help both RSB and RSC by giving a strong link between them, a forum area or more clarity on where a thread could go would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean, could you define what unions are for me?

pan.png

First of all this is TIF (Tip.it Forum) and not RSC (RuneScape Community) and all union recruitment threads go in the recruitment forum and any general union discussions go in the Clans » Discussions section (The section this topic is in). Tip.It does not have rules regarding unions vs. clans so all your union topics go in the most appropriate clan sections.

First of all this is TIF (Tip.it Forum) and not RSC (RuneScape Community) and all union recruitment threads go in the recruitment forum and any general union discussions go in the Clans » Discussions section (The section this topic is in). Tip.It does not have rules regarding unions vs. clans so all your union topics go in the most appropriate clan sections.

Sorry,

I appologize for my ignorance, i am new to these forums and have only dealt with Runescape Community beforehand and stupidly assumed that all the forums of this kind were labbeled simlar, i apologize again for my ignorance. Thank you for clarifying where i would put the thread.

I have newly registered and I am still learning the ways of this forum.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean, could you define what unions are for me?

The United Clan Federation is a union in other words, a large group of clans that have joined, or in other words, allied, themselves with the union. This means that they are allied with ALL the other clans in the union!

We believe that together we can do more than we could ever do alone. We have some of the most experienced staff with literally years of clan and union experience, to help us achieve our goals.

What are our goals? The UCF's goals are simple: to help clans progress , to help small clans get bigger, to have big clans enjoy events and get noticed in the community, and lastly helping other clans.

We can help protect you if you are being attacked by another clan if you need our help. In times of peace, we have events and tournaments to have fun and meet our fellow union members. You, or your clan leadership, remain in complete control of your clan. Basically, a union is a group of allies who have united together, because many are stronger than few.

We actually have solid clan experience as well as union experience. We actually know how to lead a clan and know how difficult it is, and are willing to help you every step of the way.

That is how UCF defines itself as a union, and what we do as a union.

If this isnt what you meant, ill happily elaborate on anything needed.

This "union" is an interesting concept in this day & age of clanning, but I don't really see why we'd need a forum dedicated solely to them. Not only are they uncommon as far as I know, but I'm sure the regular Discussions forum would be fine for any general discussion/information regarding your union, and the standard Wars subforum will suffice for any allied fights you might have.

You said that the union is trying to expand onto fansite forums from RSB, so I'm not sure if you're completely aware of one of the key differences between those two types of forums. If you're looking for some place to act as a general hub for communication & banter amongst the various component clans, I don't believe a single public thread (like there would be on RSB, if I'm not mistaken) here on tip.it would be appropriate. You might want to consider some sort of master list of clan official MSN information, a union IRC room maybe, or even an offsite forum for communication amongst your fansite clans. The only way Tip.it may be able to help you is by hosting a private forum for your union, as they do for clans; however, there might be some issues if some of the union's clans already have private forums on tip.it, and technically they are private forums for "clans" yet the union isn't a clan. Furthermore, I'm not even sure if tip.it still does this, lol - nevertheless, here is the link for information: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=745367

If that's NOT part of your inquiry at all, then I'm extremely sorry for that lol. Just trying to help. ;)

You said that the union is trying to expand onto fansite forums from RSB, so I'm not sure if you're completely aware of one of the key differences between those two types of forums. If you're looking for some place to act as a general hub for communication & banter amongst the various component clans, I don't believe a single public thread (like there would be on RSB, if I'm not mistaken) here on tip.it would be appropriate. You might want to consider some sort of master list of clan official MSN information, a union IRC room maybe, or even an offsite forum for communication amongst your fansite clans. The only way Tip.it may be able to help you is by hosting a private forum for your union, as they do for clans; however, there might be some issues if some of the union's clans already have private forums on tip.it, and technically they are private forums for "clans" yet the union isn't a clan. Furthermore, I'm not even sure if tip.it still does this, lol - nevertheless, here is the link for information: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=745367

Tip.It would offer then a private forum if they wished and users may be a part of more than one private forum.

The United Clan Federation is a union in other words, a large group of clans that have joined, or in other words, allied, themselves with the union. This means that they are allied with ALL the other clans in the union!

We believe that together we can do more than we could ever do alone. We have some of the most experienced staff with literally years of clan and union experience, to help us achieve our goals.

What are our goals? The UCF's goals are simple: to help clans progress , to help small clans get bigger, to have big clans enjoy events and get noticed in the community, and lastly helping other clans.

We can help protect you if you are being attacked by another clan if you need our help. In times of peace, we have events and tournaments to have fun and meet our fellow union members. You, or your clan leadership, remain in complete control of your clan. Basically, a union is a group of allies who have united together, because many are stronger than few.

We actually have solid clan experience as well as union experience. We actually know how to lead a clan and know how difficult it is, and are willing to help you every step of the way.

That is how UCF defines itself as a union, and what we do as a union.

If this isnt what you meant, ill happily elaborate on anything needed.

Our Conclave is basically just that. Like lord and elit said, we do offer private forums for clans.

pan.png

Our Conclave is basically just that. Like lord and elit said, we do offer private forums for clans.

Not really, the Conclave is a discussion forum for the clan leaders, a Union is more like one, much larger, clan that wars and does events together.

Thanks for all your advice and help guys, i really appreciate it.

However i knew somewhat what was needed before we could think of establishing ourselves on fansite forums and before i even registered have set up private forums and an irc channel, the thread i am talking about posting is more for attention to be brought to UCF so perhaps clans may be intrested and join.

Also elit - unions are a new concept for almost all fansite's however on RSB they are quite popular. there are about 10 of them around, with Union war ladders and such set up - UCF for example has over 30 clans and over 2000 members, making it the biggest union around at the present time. Although i do believe once UCF makes the transistion from RSB to a balance you will see other unions do likewise. If you want any info im about to post a thread in Clans Recruitment - and more info on how to contact me will be there ::'

Once again, thanks for your help

Hey stone. Create a topic on Recruitment Forum for UCF. I'm pretty sure some clans here would be interested in joining the union.

You might want to mention some of the clan who are members, like New Bloods, Soul Hunters, Unleashed Pain....

...oh yea and WoF :D

090831004444.png

Not really, the Conclave is a discussion forum for the clan leaders, a Union is more like one, much larger, clan that wars and does events together.

Hmm, last I checked you were not in the conclave usergroup. The conclave is used for multiple services, not just one particular. If a clan leader asks for help/advice in the Conclave forum, I really doubt you would be ignored. There have been events that have taken place in the conclave usergroup.

pan.png

Hmm, last I checked you were not in the conclave usergroup. The conclave is used for multiple services, not just one particular. If a clan leader asks for help/advice in the Conclave forum, I really doubt you would be ignored. There have been events that have taken place in the conclave usergroup.

Regardless I have access to the topics which resulted to the creation of the Conclave, so I should know there is a difference.

Regardless I have access to the topics which resulted to the creation of the Conclave, so I should know there is a difference.

The creation topic was just a rough idea submitted by Stormrage. The Conclave has greatly changed since then.

pan.png

• 2 weeks later...

One of the first things I read on the Clan forum back on the original Scapeboard - this was before I even started clanning - was a topic giving very general & basic guidelines on how to start and run a clan. I believe that such a topic would not be appropriate for today's clans, given the great diversity amongst their styles and philosophies, but one thing that I haven't seen much of on these forums is a place for help & advice. There are complete forums for help & advice associated with RS in general and also with PVP, but I think even a help & advice topic would be a nice addition for the clan forum. You could argue that posting questions in the "Discussion" section would be fine, but I think it would encourage people to be more open with their queries if a designated thread were to be provided for clan help & advice.

Many of the clans here aren't rank-and-file warring machines like those which dominate the clan forums of other fansites; as a result I believe a single place for the exchange of diverse ideas and advice for clanners of any level of experience would benefit everyone and foster greater activity and interest in this section of the TIF.

So I see the new tactic seems to be let's keep promoting the 2 people that already proven they couldn't fix it, and still not do anything about the real problem of this CD.

GJ TIF.

signature4s.jpg

So I see the new tactic seems to be let's keep promoting the 2 people that already proven they couldn't fix it, and still not do anything about the real problem of this CD.

GJ TIF.

If you want to expand on this and explain more that would be appreciated.